A Closer Look

yowiie

The picture was shot with a "Small Wonder" mini camcorder.  I had it turned on and was anxiously fumbling with it as large movement was occurring all around me and extremely close.  The thick canopy over us blocked out most of the moonlight except for certain places like this shot was taken.

People are quick to second guess witnesses of close encounters, but trust me, at this point I was nearly messing in my pants and was not thinking clearly.  I also had no flash equipment or even a flash light.  This shot was purely blind luck and is what it is.

When one of them stepped out of the brush onto the trail right in front of me,  raising something up pointing it at them was the furthest thing from my mind.  For those who have had these subjects get close to them know things can get extremely surreal making clear thinking difficult.  Maybe the massive push of adrenalin may have something to do with being off from clear thinking...  

Guest lightheart

Very human nose MO. What an opportunity you had. I remember when you first shared with the forum about your encounter. You were pretty stoked and rightly so.!!

Hello All,

After reading this I was reminded of an incident that occurred in my early twenties- not about Sasquatch though. I had started a job cold off the street in a surgery unit as a porter moving petients back and forth to the operating rooms for procedures. I recall the first time I saw a scalpel being used and my reaction was totally unexpected. I felt myself totally and completely involuntarily blacking out. I was disoriented and immobile as I fought to stay conscious. Strangest thing ever to happen to me. I attributed it to something akin to shock as it came simply from nowhere.

Now, I know it wasn't an infrasound kind of thing and that's why I brought it up. I do often wonder if some sightings are such that our minds in a sense involuntarily shut down. In other words, at some level, without completely fainting, we enter a state of shock both mentally and physically. It would be a phenomenon to research to see if there is a physical side to this in which our nervous systems react along with our mental systems causing the para-sounds or vibrations some speak of. Just a thought.

Thanks MO for sharing that foto. I can see what you refer to. Amazing!

My 1st 2 sightings are in the members sightings thread. Both were about 35 ft. away, on the side of the road I was traveling.

I have since had a 3rd (not sure) sighting. I work nights, and was traveling home in a snowstorm early morning, around 5am. The roads were icy, covered with about 2 inches of fresh snow, and slick. I was slowly driving down a hill, with a bridge at the bottom.

My car went into a slide, and did a 360, with my drivers door up against the guardrail. I glanced out the window over the edge of the bridge at the stream below, about 25 ft. From under the bridge, out stepped a humanoid figure that looked much like the one I saw in my first sighting. It was slightly hunched over and peered up at me looking like a tall lanky person dressed in black in a hoody. After several seconds, it stepped back under the bridge.

I have no idea why a person would have been down there, unless they were maybe a mink trapper, checking his traps.

Since I started the  thread , I had better throw my first sighting in, its was at about 30 metres, we don't have bears in Australia so no misidentification possible.

Wow MO! Thanks for sharing.

I was wondering what part of the country you lived in and if this was a big "red" or could you tell?? Thanks.

Edited by Hellbilly

I live in Northern NSW on the New England Tablelends.

The colour of the animal was more brown than red, not unlike the orangutangs but a little more brownish, yes I could certainly tell

Another animal I observed as it ran across the road in front of me had 3 colours black, gray and brown streaks, great camo colours any wonder they are hard to find.

Still cleaning my shorts HAHA

Yeah, it would add some clarity to what we're looking at.

Thanks for posting the pic MO.

Behind BobbyO and Cervelo I'll politely also ask if you could post the original, if the posted pic is cut and enlarged from another. Could you clarify please?

Mesabe - what particular section are your 2 sightings detailed in please?

Hiflier - I think you state an oft forgotten and pertinent point. No-one should underestimate the possible effects of stress and shock. I also think this is at play in loads of reported encounters, from inability to remember details to not using a camera to non-reporting of sightings in the first place.

Edited by the parkie

Hi the parkie, my sightings are post 16 in the sightings section, in the bff member sightings/no questions thread. The second was the most scary. I was able to observe it from about 35 or 40 feet away, for about 5 min. Or it seemed that long. Then I realized this creature was very able to demolish the small honda civic I was sitting in, and I hastily left. Although it saw me and showed no concern. Maybe it saw the car, but not me in it.

and speaking of cameras, After my first sighting, I carried my new camera religiously where ever I went. Then it was stolen. I got it back, but after 2 yrs. I got slack about taking it with me and possibly stolen again, so I missed a perfect opportunity. Although thinking back, I'm not sure I was in the right frame of mind to even operate one. I didn't dare take my eyes off it, for fear that it would come closer.

Edited by mesabe