Survivorman Bigfoot A-Z

PBeaton

I'm quite sure there is something to the Squatch in the tree. In LucasJ's video going frame by frame from 9 to 10 seconds the subject moves its arm (right arm if it is facing the camera) to a lower position on the tree allowing a branch and leaves to be seen that were blocked when it was in the higher position. There is a transitional frame where the arm drops a bit, then drops all the way down. This repeats roughly every 11 seconds in his loop.

I'm not sure about the Squatch at the base of the tree that Seminole references; there is something there and it is possible that it shifts at one point, as if rotating the torso to the left and back, but it may be a play of life and shadow. I'll see if I have that episode on my downstairs DVR give it a closer look if it's there. 

you can actually  see the one at the base of the tree clearer than the one climbing the tree. its there. the cone shaped head, no neck, the way it turns, everything. im ASSUMING its a juvenile. it could be a older one. i have no frame of reference because we dont have the distance from the tree to les. 

I was able to go over a higher resolution version of Klemtu, and wanted to post some clearer images for us to look at.

IMO- 

Stump Squatch

post-2203-0-57155400-1429904342_thumb.pn

Trunk Squatch

post-2203-0-20646200-1429904400_thumb.pn

Stick Squatch

post-2203-0-26979800-1429904433_thumb.pn

With the low quality of the first videos posted it looked as though there might be something there, but after looking a the higher resolution images I've come to the conclusion that all three subjects in question are just tree/stick/foliage.. Just my four cents...

Cheers

Here are the three images with subjects in question circled to help those who haven't kept up with this..

Once again- IMO

Stump Squatch

post-2203-0-84296800-1429904897_thumb.pn

Trunk Squatch

post-2203-0-20335700-1429904917_thumb.pn

Stick Squatch

post-2203-0-04420900-1429904940_thumb.pn

:paint:

thanks whistler.  I really did not see them in the lower resolution vids and from your stills all is clear.

We went looking at a house last night and wifey took vids while going through to show our kids.  I got a headache watching it cause she was moving to fast and really could not see much anyhow cause too fast.  If you want to film, especially scenery in front or behind, you reaaly nned to move slow and little to no quick actions

Have to concur with the image on the ground and the one with "arms and legs" wrapped around the trunk. I'm still not convinced about the image of the possibly brachiating subject. Even when I saved it to a graphics program and magnified it a great deal it's not definitive. Here are a few photos of gibbons as examples:

post-22377-0-76011300-1429910447.jpg

post-22377-0-46152700-1429910459.jpg

post-22377-0-56275100-1429910474.jpg

Whistler, do you have the capability to provide high def frames covering the transition that I mentioned in my earlier post where there appeared to be movement exposing foliage behind the "arm"? Thanks!

I think I'm done with Les Stroud and this show, he's gone full on bovine feces.

The supposed tree monkey in the photo is just pareidolia.

Guest Squatchologist

In all fairness to Les, he did not pick out the pareidolia, that was pointed out by member on here

but his continued association with standing is his own choice...... even after acknowledging TS as "controversial". how about where strouds show had clips of TS's "muppet squatch" as if it were to TS's credit ? those pics , iirc, have been debunked .

maybe a better deal for folks here that wish to support mr strouds efforts could volunteer their own time and locations for his search ?... minus TS, of course.

In all fairness to Les, he did not pick out the pareidolia, that was pointed out by member on here

I knew that. In saying "I'm done" it has nothing to do with this photo, it's about the show itself.

I'm excited to hear that the next show will be here in the TN Smoky Mountains!

My husband and I once walked from our home to a ridge called Short Mountain, and we came upon a slight clearing that had a few younger evergreens in it, maybe 15-20 ft tall range. Several of them had the bark ripped from them and dug/bitten into, 6-7 ft height, and the tops were broken over just above that point. FRESH too. It really gave me/us the creeps. We figured bear, of course. Still exciting.

It doesn't bother me to see Todd in the few episodes that I have, because he's obviously filling the role of "example of overzealousness" and "possible hoaxer", or on the other end-- "misjudged researcher"... just for the sake of representing some of the different views/attitudes involved. Like one member on here pointed out, someone should have been stationed to verify if and *when Todd showed up at different spots at appropriate times.

One thing that looked fishy to me-- when the apple disappeared from 15 ft high up in the tree, and Les is directing the audience to watch the tree move, that limb is moving in a way as if a string were tied to it, or to a limb (?) above it, moving against it. Not natural looking. Not as if weight were on it. Gonna watch that some more...

It doesn't bother me to see Todd in the few episodes that I have, because he's obviously filling the role of "example of overzealousness" and "possible hoaxer", or on the other end-- "misjudged researcher"... just for the sake of representing some of the different views/attitudes involved.......

Yeah......that's the way I see it also...

Have to concur with the image on the ground and the one with "arms and legs" wrapped around the trunk. I'm still not convinced about the image of the possibly brachiating subject. Even when I saved it to a graphics program and magnified it a great deal it's not definitive. Here are a few photos of gibbons as examples:

attachicon.gifGibbon 2.jpg

attachicon.gifGibbon 3.jpg

attachicon.gifGibbon 4.jpg

Whistler, do you have the capability to provide high def frames covering the transition that I mentioned in my earlier post where there appeared to be movement exposing foliage behind the "arm"? Thanks!

Hello Airdale,

I can look into doing that, but I've already checked out the higher rez version, and the supposed arm movement of the "Stump Squatch" is nothing more than a tree branch in between Les & the stump. In the lower quality clips, it gives the illusion that the subject has arm movement, and/or a torso twist, but from what I've seen in the hd version it's just a tree limb.. I've attached another image that highlights the branch in between that I'm talking about...

Stump Squatch 3

post-2203-0-53225700-1430166748_thumb.pn

Edited by Whistler

I was not very confident about the "stump squatch", it's the "whatever" in the tree that seemed to have some movement of the upper left limb. I think your high def images would be definitive one way or the other if they were available for the transition that I referenced in LucasJ's looped video.

BFF Patron

but his continued association with standing is his own choice...... even after acknowledging TS as "controversial". how about where strouds show had clips of TS's "muppet squatch" as if it were to TS's credit ? those pics , iirc, have been debunked .

maybe a better deal for folks here that wish to support mr strouds efforts could volunteer their own time and locations for his search ?... minus TS, of course.

Doing that would put us in the TS group think, wanting publicity, make videos, go on tour, make money, and when we run out of authentic material, have to start making muppets. No thanks. The subject material does not lend itself to tag along videographers with huge time constraints. I would like to have a chat with Les and make some suggestions for his future field work. In some areas I think he has been led astay.

• Upvote 1

The subject material does not lend itself to tag along videographers with huge time constraints. 

Plussed for truth, anyway Les is making a TV show not doing BF research.  So like everyone else off to a two day stay at some locale with a few good stories.  Repeat until ratings drop-off.

Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Doing that would put us in the TS group think, wanting publicity, make videos, go on tour, make money, and when we run out of authentic material, have to start making muppets. No thanks.

I disagree.... unless one is already prone to seek attention. nobody has to make muppets or anything else, if they are honest about things.

i'd like to think most of us are above that.

a  lack of authentic material is the norm in this arena, to present it as anything else would be dishonest.  

donating time and locations could be done without the volunteer ever being on camera or in the show... or even disclosing location to the audience. 

no one said they'd have to be paid either, although i'd imagine they probably would be.  maybe just give the guy a good lead and see what he does with it and his resources? ...... if one supports strouds efforts that is.