Survivorman Bigfoot A-Z

PBeaton

I really wasn't happy to see Todd Standing in that episode. Stroud was making a very obvious effort to put distance between himself and TS, but his mere presence in the show (and during investigative efforts) is, in my opinion, counterproductive and puts huge roadblocks in the way of what could be clean research.

For a moment there, at the end, I was actually hoping that Stroud had placed a second camera on the "apple tree"...one that TS wouldn't have been aware of. One that would catch TS shutting down the camera, moving the bait, etc. Manipulating the scene, etc.

It is something I would have done. Catch him in the act and front him out on national television. Catching him dirty would be the only reason for allowing him within 2 miles of the research area. IMHO.

But I am a cynic by nature, and have no use for TS at this point.

Very true, but juvenile Sasquatch like human juveniles could love to climb trees. Unlike leafy trees, fir and pine trees limbs do not increase in size beyond a certain point, so conifer trees would be dangerous for something as heavy as Sas. I would have no trepidation climbing a 40 ft ash tree I have in my yard but would never think of trying to climb a much larger 120' Douglas Fir tree I have. Even it's largest limbs do not look strong enough to support my weight. I pick up large limbs after every strong wind storm. So I expect that juvenile SAS will climb until they start breaking limbs and decide maybe they better stay out of trees.

Maybe right about juveniles, but on the other hand it's my guess that juveniles are in the really densest and remotest areas of forest well off the beaten track and are less likely to be encountered by humans (which explains why so few small ones are reported compared to big adults) than wandering adults might be and so, as I said, the adults are not likely to be in the trees as they are far too big and heavy.

Maybe right about juveniles, but on the other hand it's my guess that juveniles are in the really densest and remotest areas of forest well off the beaten track and are less likely to be encountered by humans (which explains why so few small ones are reported compared to big adults) than wandering adults might be and so, as I said, the adults are not likely to be in the trees as they are far too big and heavy.

In the southern states regarding the little ones they do not seem to be so shy. Twice now, a friend has seen and narrated in real time an incident of little hairy kids in trees with adults and teenager.  First, a few adults were trying to coax a little kid to come down from the pine tree by shaking it and this was very near her yard.  Second, she watched and related to me as it was happening of a larger one sitting on the lowest branch with one leg hanging down.  In a few seconds, it started moving around and then two small ones came down the tree trunk head first on all fours.  She mentioned that they did not look awkward and they were maybe under three feet tall.

Another friend has many trees in her yard as well, and almost on a regular basis they are jumping from tree to tree and she is just the opposite of the friend in the first incident above, as she does walk around with a camera.

BFF Patron

Somehow I can just see those mischievous juveniles frolicking in the trees while their parents try to get them away from human observation. I think my encounter where the sticks and rocks were placed on a stump was juveniles. I heard what sounded like kids speaking in some Asian foreign language right before I found the sticks and rocks had been placed on the stump that I had just had my pack on. The voice sounded like a young girl nearby. I expected a human father and girl to come down the trail but when I got to higher ground, I could see that no one was anywhere near. In the same area, I had pine cones thrown at me from behind hitting my pack. Nothing was overhead for it to have fallen from.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Another friend has many trees in her yard as well, and almost on a regular basis they are jumping from tree to tree and she is just the opposite of the friend in the first incident above, as she does walk around with a camera.

now those are some pictures that could be interesting, especially since it sort of knocks the theory sometimes presented that they sense cameras .

I nearly turned it off when they played the video of a flare being waved around in the dark and TS yelling and screaming profanely for them to get away, punctuated by a growl. That was part of his movie premier in Seattle that my wife and I attended while there to visit our kids and grandkids for Thanksgiving. Other than that, Les did seem to keep TS at arms length and was flippant about his regular exclamations that this or that were definitely Sasquatch related.

WRT the possibility of TS hoaxing the apple disappearance, the only way that seems plausible is if he did not go all the way down the mountain when he was shown hiking off after the first night's camping. If he holed up out of sight and returned after dark using NVG, then knocked the apple down with a stick, recovered it and retreated to his hideout until there was enough light to descend all the way. His height could account for the visibility of what may be the top of a head in the lower left hand corner of the trail cam image. In the second episode in California, Les is accompanied by a man named, if memory serves, Max, who he identifies as someone that sometimes assists when he needs another camera operator. Also, another individual who I believe is Native American from a local tribe is along for at least part of the time.

The scenario above with TS retreating only part way down the mountain would require that Les not have any production assistant(s) at a base camp below the mountain who could verify TS did indeed come all the way down. I think it unlikely TS would have gone all the way down the mountain, then returned after dark to make the entire climb with NVG. That climb appeared difficult in daylight, and having met and chatted with TS at his movie premier, he did not impress me as the type to engage in that kind of "special forces" adventure merely to surreptitiously abscond with an apple.

As far as the "paranormal" aspect with Les reporting seeing the lights hanging over the mountains, I don't have a problem with that. There have been many instances of people seeing unusual lights while engaged in BF field work. Brian Brown reported seeing some red lights that he couldn't explain dropping into the forest one night while he, his son and I believe another researcher were out in the field (he reported this in one of the "Bigfoot Show" podcasts and this instance did not occur in "Area X"). I've seen lights in the sky that I couldn't identify while camping long before my interest in Sasquatch was rekindled. Having served in the Naval Aviation community, ashore and at sea, day and night including during combat ops aboard U.S.S. Enterprise, I'm quite familiar with how normal aircraft look and behave under widely varying conditions.

Guest ewashguy56

I now have the Science Channel back and I saw a trailer for the latest episode of "Survivorman-Bigfoot" on this Friday night. In this episode Les brings infra red equipment with him for the hunt in Alberta. I could be wrong but I thought I also heard him say "found one" I am thinking confirming a bigfoot.....maybe someone else if they see this trailer, can confirm thats what he indeed said.

BFF Patron

Airdale I pretty much agree with your assessment. Les must have enough feedback from researchers that he questions what happens when TS is around. He expresses enough on camera. Perhaps he had some sort of contract obligation or whatever to include Standing in future videos? We might not know if there is. Anyway when other people are involved you have to be very careful who does what.

I have wondered if some of that stuff has happened with Finding Bigfoot. At one point, the cast had issues with the producers over content and methods. They never did expound on that, only that they did at one point, and some of the cast threatened to quit. I could see Cliff, quitting if he thought his reputation was at risk. He told me face to face one day not to expect "Finding Bigfoot" to find anything. He did not elaborate but I suspect methods were the real issue. If you were an assistant, on a film crew, for a series that might be in trouble rating wise and were worried about loosing your job, it sure would be tempting to slip away in the dark and whack a tree with a big branch or make a howl to liven things up. If that sort of thing ever happened the cast may not have known about it.

Guest sprayanpray

PFFF...... Finding Bigfoot now that's a idea of a real joke. After all if you watch the show you see theses town hall meetings that appear to be staged at best. Then the onsite interviews with witness that are portrayed as lower educated people, WOW and most appear to be good people that work and have normal lives... The cast may have some Honor and very good intentions in the field, but to allow themselves to be corralled into the show and forget the basics ! RATINGS RATINGS RATINGS.... This show has become like a political event they show up and jump around meet and greet rub some skin on the locals and vanish... The equipment they use is sad the night vision theses types of shows use is unreal.They make hundreds of thousands of dollars per show at least have some good equipment NIGHT VISION, IR, Thermal Something. Now even today some people cannot understand why they are laughed at we the subject about the BF community is brought up.  

I'm curious as to how the camera could not catch the apple being taken. The way that it just disappeared out of thin air looks like someone turned the camera off and then back on after it was taken.

---

It happened to the sandwich also ......in the 'Klemtu' ep.I made a clip of it...

it is right around the 34mt mark.....and the 2 tracks found and cast could possibly indicate a juvenile was in the area.

What I thought was odd is that the sandwich 'disappeared at the same time as the apples did the day before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4dptCGtMOE&feature=youtu.be

Yes, my thoughts are that he's trying to push the paranormal mumbo jumbo and I'm getting tired of it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised what with him being in cahoots with Standing.

Concur 100% with you on this. The first show had a disappearing sandwich whilst Les' was on that Alaska island, then the rain which magically ended when they were getting cold, the lights that were the size of a huge (I think) aircraft carrier or something, then the food disappearing in the tree with the branches moving but no visible animal. Les seems to have gone all "flute player" on this show which is the opposite of what I expected. It bums me out because based on his regular shows I thought he was a pretty level headed person

Very true, but juvenile Sasquatch like human juveniles could love to climb trees. Unlike leafy trees, fir and pine trees limbs do not increase in size beyond a certain point, so conifer trees would be dangerous for something as heavy as Sas. I would have no trepidation climbing a 40 ft ash tree I have in my yard but would never think of trying to climb a much larger 120' Douglas Fir tree I have. Even it's largest limbs do not look strong enough to support my weight. I pick up large limbs after every strong wind storm. So I expect that juvenile SAS will climb until they start breaking limbs and decide maybe they better stay out of trees.

I have never really known what to think about the claims of sasquatch in the trees.

Based on the purported footprints I'd think the animals wouldn't be particularly adapted to trees (basically a slightly modified human print). There aren't claws, no prehensile toes, no balancing tail.

The PGF showed a rather bulky figure that walked less like a chimp, orang and more like a human.

I just don't see it. I think of an animal wrapping it's legs around a tree and using the lower leg and core muscles to hold onto a trunk and arms to pull itself up a trunk. Think of the mechanics of that motion.

How do the mechanics work? Would it be inch wormlike movement? We should be seeing masses of hair/fur from the inner legs, trunk and arms of the animals caught in pine tree bark/sap I would think. I've not seen any of this mentioned by others so I've always figured that there is some basic information of which I'm just not aware that allows all of this to make sense. Can anyone please educate me on this? Thanks in advance.

BFF Patron

Concur 100% with you on this. The first show had a disappearing sandwich whilst Les' was on that Alaska island, then the rain which magically ended when they were getting cold, the lights that were the size of a huge (I think) aircraft carrier or something, then the food disappearing in the tree with the branches moving but no visible animal. Les seems to have gone all "flute player" on this show which is the opposite of what I expected. It bums me out because based on his regular shows I thought he was a pretty level headed person

I am just disappointed he pays Standing homage for another appearance for use of "his" stolen area.   Other than that Bodhi, until you have a front and center sighting and associate the high strangeness in the surround in planful research you would not have a clue as to why he plays that number.  Not all BF sightings involve high strangeness for sure.  Maybe a huge minority.  But I am here to tell you, you can be straight as an arrow, and if you report what happens, you are stuck because you do not know how certain things can "be". I am reminded of the North Carolina (home to my sighitng) state motto:  Esse quam videri,  a Latin phrase meaning "To be, rather than to seem (to be).   BF owns the "seem".  

Edited by bipedalist

I'm sure most of you know the specifics regarding the "Alberta" or "Nordegg" spot featured in two of Les' Survivorman Bigfoot episodes and how TS stole the site right before he took Stroud there.  Thanks to the researcher who found the spot and first documented the things found in this spot, I was told how to get there and spent quite a bit of time out there last spring/summer/fall with his good graces.  I certainly didn't need to steal the spot.  I actually saw TS out there twice and talked to him once.  This isn't his "sylvanic" spot.  He was literally shown it a month or two before he took Stroud in there and then pretended he had been researching there for a long time. 

Anyways long story short, you know in that episode where Les points out the apple in the tree that's really high?  Todd clearly acts like he never saw it but you can hear in his voice that he's lying and says something like "Wow I never saw that"  and then Les says something like "It would take forever to throw that up there"  Well he's right.  I'm pretty sure that was an apple I threw up there and yes it did take forever to get it up there. Actually only about 25 throws.  Either way I hope Les has seen his true colours and left him in the dust and I think that is why he called it "quits", although we will see about that.  For some strange reason I don't think that will be the last time we see TS.

Another thing to consider about the apple and sandwich disappearing out of thin air is the reaction time of the camera traps he's using. There might be enough time to knock something out of the tree or just grab the sandwich before the camera kicks on, making it look like it just disappears.