N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

I don't think their "image" with a bunch that don't even show that their brains are operating when it comes to this topic makes a big nevermind

Don't be so hard on yourself DWA. They probably do care what you think.

• Upvote 1

It's still very early in the season. Nothing to say one way or the other. 

The one we refer to as Old Gray (which is either one animal several of us have seen or multiple animals — I tend to think it's just one) looks very much like Patty but taller by at least a foot. Most of the others we've seen are thinner and much less thick all the way down. Massive upper body development in at least one, others slimmer overall. I don't recall anyone having a clear enough view of a face in X to comment on that.

From the above, it appears profile and rearward views were your/groups observations. Please describe the thinner ones in greater detail. What did their head profile look like, etc.?

It's still very early in the season. Nothing to say one way or the other. 

The one we refer to as Old Gray (which is either one animal several of us have seen or multiple animals — I tend to think it's just one) looks very much like Patty but taller by at least a foot. Most of the others we've seen are thinner and much less thick all the way down. Massive upper body development in at least one, others slimmer overall. I don't recall anyone having a clear enough view of a face in X to comment on that.

How tall are you assuming Patty is when you make your estimate?

Isn't Patty assumed to be about 7-7 1/2 feet? I got the impression from one of the podcasts that they thought Old Grey was more like 8 1/2 to 9 feet in height.

^Nope. 

That was an early estimate.

More recent estimates put here in the 6 to 6 1/2 ft range - although a debate continues as to the accuracy of ANY estimate.

Pop over to the PGF section for more details!

^Nope. 

That was an early estimate.

More recent estimates put here in the 6 to 6 1/2 ft range - although a debate continues as to the accuracy of ANY estimate.

Pop over to the PGF section for more details!

Really? She's just little!

Yes, you are all making my point.  Even Bill Munns can't put an absolute size on it.

It seems strange that you would compare something you saw, to the size of something that is awash in so much controversy.

Why don't you just give us your estimate of how tall 'Ol Grey' is, instead of giving us more confusion?

"Officer, why did you pull me over?"

"Well, you were doing 10 over the silver Impala in the right lane."

• Upvote 2

^I knew exactly where you were goin' with that one!

Really? She's just little!

Yeah, but still couldn't be Bob H.

;-)

• Upvote 1

Isn't Patty assumed to be about 7-7 1/2 feet? I got the impression from one of the podcasts that they thought Old Grey was more like 8 1/2 to 9 feet in height.

While we're waiting for Bipto to get back on the previous request(s), the area (Rogers county, Oklahoma) we've had the most activity/sightings suggests there is a wide variance in physical characteristics of the UHS encountered.

Myself, and two other hunters encountered a tall (est. @ 7') individual with a rather thin body presentation. Mine was from a side profile view and to describe the facial features in terms that may be universally understood, he/she appeared as the GEICO caveman with the same descriptive observation from the other hunter that watched the UHS through his binos/scope for the better part of ~8 minutes. When I went to the spot of my observation, a footprint of ~16-18" was noted in the humus soil next to the blackjack post oak he/she had been beating upon with a club of ~4' in length.

Another UHS observed on multiple occasions by at least three HS's* was ~6' in height with a rather heavy set body build.

The apparent Alpha Male UHS observed by JW, TE & myself was estimated to have stood somewhere around 9-10" as the fork of the trees (where TE observed him in quad mode) later was measured at ~6' apart. JW's comment, after he observed him walking past at ~25 yards, was he would have dwarfed Shaquille O'Neal in body size presentation.

A photo, captured in 2009 on one of the gamecams interspersed throughout the property indicated a facial profile that, for lack of a better description, resembled Alley Oop from the old newspaper comics.

Then, when you throw in the "werewolf" incident, as reported by JS, it would appear to be a rather eclectic mix in that locale.

* Homo Sapien

Edited by Yuchi1
  • Upvote 1

Guest zenmonkey

Is this 2009 photo in the public domain? I assume the answer is no.

like to know don't talk about a photo and not share! thats just a tease!

Is this 2009 photo in the public domain? I assume the answer is no.

Check with Stan Courtney as he originally posted it on his place.