N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

Maybe it wasn't corrected because we didn't see it, and you didn't report it. We have lives, too. Admittedly, we can't view every post throughout the day on a forum this large. It's up to our members to help police the forum. If you're offended, and you think something's in violation, you should use the report function.

I want to make myself very clear with this next statement:

Don't ask the Mods if this thing is on, or why we haven't made a correction to an unreported incident.

If we don't see it, and you don't report it, you have only yourselves to blame. Actually, reporting inappropriate content would not only ensure that your concerns were addressed, it would also save us a lot of work.

Implying that the NAWAC is for the wholesale slaughter of the creature when they've clearly stated a "one and done" position is quite the stretch.

From this point forward, any implication of such will be viewed as trolling.

Also, implications of racism, and implying that others are Nazis and so forth, will be viewed as violations, and will be assessed penalties accordingly.

Play nice or don't play at all.

You've all been warned.

Please take heed of this staff directive.

My statement was in no way intended to be racist, and I resent individuals using the 'race card' to win arguments in regards to killing bigfoots. Bigfoots are reported to be human like and some call them derogatory names to justify hunting them. I simply pointed out how the Marines tried to instill racism by making the enemy look subhuman by calling them derogatory animal names. This is the same tactic used by you know who. Just call them Sasquatch as the native Americans did since they lived with them for an estimated 12,000 years.

My dark skinned Father grew up in a small town where Native Americans were not welcome. A story was made about being a 'black scotch' to quell the issue.   

One day, the DI's picked a black buddy of ours to throw over a 20' muddy bank during a rain storm at the rifle range. He had shot badly. He was ordered to run up the bank and to yell, "Yes sir, Yes sir" while the DI's yelled obscenities. He got to the top only to be kicked in the stomach then slid to the bottom again. This was repeated at least five times. Why didn't I step in and stop this rings in my mind? This fellow, black, yellow, red, or white was my buddy, and I sometimes hate myself for not interfering.    

My statements below were misread by some, so read them again and again until the true message arrives between your ears. The g.... word was not coined by me. It helped young Marines to kill the enemy with out guilt. Attack the message and not the messenger. Below is my message which could have been worded better, and sorry if some misunderstood and were offended by what I said below: 

"In my opinion the military mentality is unbecoming for a man of your ambitions. Calling it a 'wood ape' is the way we rationalized the killing of 'gooks' as being just fine. I would have done it..........but would my conscience allow the memory to evaporate?  Why not become more of a primatologist and capture one on film or alive. Get Jane Goodall out there and capture one on video or alive." 

Many hunters report bigfoot as being human looking, and their conscience wouldn't allow them to shoot. My point is let your conscience be your guide.  

Edited by georgerm
  • Upvote 2

Wonderful post, Georgerm. 

Meant to add that I'm so sorry you and your friend (and your dad!) had to go through such horrible experiences. 

Edited by LeafTalker

Jane Goodall would be a nobody if it wasn't for English explorers several generations ahead of her bringing out chimps feet first from the jungle!!!

As far as the wood ape name........ I don't believe apes should be shot any where. And feel that our distant cousins deserve complete protection on this planet.

With that said? You have to bloody prove the thing exists before you can protect it in any official capacity.....

As for Jane Goodall capturing one? How is that any less of a crime in your mind? And how do you propose to accomplish this?

Bigfoots are reported to be human like and some call them derogatory names to justify hunting them.  

We have no shared point of reference. It is not derogatory to call an animal an animal. They literally are "sub-human." I remain offended by your assertion that we're brainwashing ourselves into thinking they're less than human when, by all appearances and based on all the behavior we have experienced, they are not human. Whether you like it or not, that's an offensive statement. 

^^^The biggest mistake everyone makes in this game is that we are somehow "above" everything else.

I don't think the dinosaurs were threatening their own extinction after far less than a million years.  "Smart" can be dumb, in evolutionary terms.

Try living with a chimp troop and let's see how those smarts play out.

Jane Goodall would be a nobody if it wasn't for English explorers several generations ahead of her bringing out chimps feet first from the jungle!!!

As far as the wood ape name........ I don't believe apes should be shot any where. And feel that our distant cousins deserve complete protection on this planet.

With that said? You have to bloody prove the thing exists before you can protect it in any official capacity.....

As for Jane Goodall capturing one? How is that any less of a crime in your mind? And how do you propose to accomplish this?

You make good sense. The level of communication on this thread has been very disappointing. We are a unique group here. Most of our society thinks bigfoot researchers are short of a full load. My son-in-law a native Oregonian woodsmen, gets riled up when I mention Bigfoot. Where can we turn? We need to back each other and keep the discussion from getting personal. I've been supportive of NAWAC, and have stated criticisms that brought on an avalanche of poisonous gas that has sickened me.

If my post were reread, one will see that I agree with NAWAC bringing in a bigfoot that was 'cleanly' killed. However, if the shooter rolls Sasquatch over and sees his granddad's face, then this is a problem for the shooter and probably NAWAC in terms of publicity. If it looks like a savage ape, that's been kidnapping people; expect good publicity IMHO.........IMHO repeat.....no big deal. 

The science community has turned a blind eye to Sasquatch and failed to send hundreds of Jane Goodalls into the forest after bigfoot. They have the money to capture it on video and even a live capture using darts. A captured one should be released witin a month, but there is the danger of extended captivity which is a crime. 

see ya Norse thanks

Guest zenmonkey

So back to asking bipto questions..... Say you guys achieve the goal this summer (hopefully so) what then? Will you continue to go to X? continue everything other than taking a body? for me that would be just the beginning.

And another question:

How have activities away from the cabin changed, if at all?  I'd presume you're still patrolling perimeters to look for evidence if nothing else.

Say you guys achieve the goal this summer (hopefully so) what then? 

We are beginning to formulate our general approach following the collection of a specimen now. As a conservation group, we would look to the activities of other similar groups as a template. We will be focused on protecting the animal, but probably more so protecting its habitat. We'll also advocate for legitimate research into the animal and will provide assistance to that end as requested of us.

Will you continue to go to X? continue everything other than taking a body? for me that would be just the beginning.

Yes, we'll go there as long as we have the opportunity. Personally, I'm a lot more excited by the prospect of collecting more behavioral data about them. The specimen is a necessary first step but is only that: a step. Most of the walking comes afterward. 

How have activities away from the cabin changed, if at all?  I'd presume you're still patrolling perimeters to look for evidence if nothing else.

Unclear. Our work there this winter and early spring was focused around the cabin. While on-site (and I'm scheduled to be there for three one-week periods this year) I plan on doing more investigation into signs of feeding and bedding. We're too early in the season to know what's changed from previous year's operations at this point. 

We will be focused on protecting the animal, but probably more so protecting its habitat.

A bit more on that: Because they are pretty good at protecting themselves, many other non-bigfoot groups will immediately be calling for their protection, and destruction of habitat is a critical issue in our primary research area (and not just for the apes). 

You make good sense. The level of communication on this thread has been very disappointing. We are a unique group here. Most of our society thinks bigfoot researchers are short of a full load. My son-in-law a native Oregonian woodsmen, gets riled up when I mention Bigfoot. Where can we turn? We need to back each other and keep the discussion from getting personal. I've been supportive of NAWAC, and have stated criticisms that brought on an avalanche of poisonous gas that has sickened me.

If my post were reread, one will see that I agree with NAWAC bringing in a bigfoot that was 'cleanly' killed. However, if the shooter rolls Sasquatch over and sees his granddad's face, then this is a problem for the shooter and probably NAWAC in terms of publicity. If it looks like a savage ape, that's been kidnapping people; expect good publicity IMHO.........IMHO repeat.....no big deal.

The science community has turned a blind eye to Sasquatch and failed to send hundreds of Jane Goodalls into the forest after bigfoot. They have the money to capture it on video and even a live capture using darts. A captured one should be released witin a month, but there is the danger of extended captivity which is a crime.

see ya Norse thanks

If I ambushed you in your backyard with a dart and hauled you off to a cage for a month? You do not think I've committed a crime?

Look, it's not a human! I believe Patty to be real and patty looks nothing like my grandma....... She looks nothing like any human grandma on the planet!! I would not eat her cookies, I would not sit on her lap, I would run! And fast if you believe coastal Indian legends.

As far as publicity? Who cares? I can take the heat, and the discovery of this species would overshadow everything.

And then we could all lock arms and proceed with protecting this species. It is what we all want right? We just disagree over the best course of action to get there!

But I predict that the anti kill crowd will wait in

Line for days on end to view a body shot by the pro kill crowd. It's human nature, we hunger for the truth.

Hello Bipto,

Operation Endurance began June 4, 2011

Operation Persistence began May 5, 2012

Operation Relentless began April 26, 2013 

So Tenacity's gotta be somewhere in there, right? ;)

If not "Intrepid".

John Green rebutted your arguments in 1978.

I own a 1978 copy of this book. I sent it to John Green in mid-March after he agreed to sign it. It arrived back from British Columbia in mid April WITH his signature inside the cover. The excerpt you referenced is indicative of his attention to many details that are discussed on this Forum. He's thorough, objective (albeit with a slight bias toward existence) and treats the subject with respect and amazing foresight. I highly recommend the reading of the entire work cover to cover. Sure, it was published 36 years ago but I continue to be intensely impressed at how on point and contemporary that book is still. Mainly because the subject then is not much different than it is now. If the book came out yesterday it could be a number one best seller because of the public's current exposure to the phenomenon.

Edited by hiflier

Truth.

Thanks bud,

I just want to say "thank you" to all of NAWAC, and especially you Bipto. You take a lot of heat, and I feel for you. Iam one of your biggest fans and I sincerely wish you guys the best of luck for 2014.

Keep on keeping on!!!

• Upvote 1