N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

John Green appears to contravene basically everything NAWAC stands for.

And up is down and black is white and we have always been at war with Eastasia. 

^^^How so?  Green disagrees that they're human and thinks we're gonna need to harvest one. 

He (Green) disagrees that 1) they are near extinction and that 2) killing one will save the rest as he views them as laboratory medical study substitutes for primates.  Green alludes they are "higher" than the great apes hence, a better subject for (human) medical research purposes.

If, you had bothered to read the text, you'd know he advocates wholesale slaughter of them, for medical research purposes.

OK, dude, you're just arguing to argue.  Green has no differences with NAWAC worth talking about.  And he doesn't advocate anything "wholesale."

Maybe you need to read Green, 'cause bipto and I have.

OK, dude, you're just arguing to argue.  Green has no differences with NAWAC worth talking about.  And he doesn't advocate anything "wholesale."

Maybe you need to read Green, 'cause bipto and I have.

http://woodape.org/index.php/our-research/methodology

..."In order to explain the sasquatch phenomenon, the NAWAC hypothesizes that an intelligent, large, shy and elusive bipedal primate exists in North America, particularly in the lush densely forested contiguous regions of Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas and Oklahoma. It is probably quite rare....

John Green said there were thousands of them.

..."1A.  A wood ape specimen has been collected (alive or dead); or, "...

John Green said "quite a few bodies" needed to be collected.

You sure you read his (Green) stuff?

Hell, I transcribed it so I have a pretty good idea what he said. If you made a venn diagram of what the NAWAC collectively thinks and what John Green thinks, the union would be about 90%.

John Green's position on the questions most relevant to our work have been more consistent than anyone else's in this field. He's been quite clear and vocal over decades of interest. More than many, he's been an inspiration to us and a great motivator for action. 

I said, "worth talking about."

Neither Green nor NAWAC is gonna have the final say in how many get collected.  And their difference of opinion on population (I tend more to agree with Green) is not only irrelevant, but is gonna get settled, precisely, how?  They do, however, agree on the critical issue:  they both agree harvesting a specimen needs to be done.

And speaking of done:  so are we.

Neither Green nor NAWAC is gonna have the final say in how many get collected. 

Absolutely true. The NAWAC position has been made clear on several occasions, though. We are interested in exactly one specimen. Our group will not be involved in collecting any more than that regardless as to whether or not the first is collected by us. 

To George: a bit of background on that sensationalized video, please? Not since the Blair Witch Project have I seen something so contrived.

Yeah, things can go wrong on expedition like this. Certainly you're not implying that this is the fate of the NAWAC crew?

Just not sure why you bothered to share that ridiculous vid....

Hell, I transcribed it so I have a pretty good idea what he said. If you made a venn diagram of what the NAWAC collectively thinks and what John Green thinks, the union would be about 90%.

John Green's position on the questions most relevant to our work have been more consistent than anyone else's in this field. He's been quite clear and vocal over decades of interest. More than many, he's been an inspiration to us and a great motivator for action. 

Against which the differences don't rate.  When a ground ball goes to third, what the third baseman and the first baseman think about the left fielder is irrelevant.  Same team.

Absolutely true. The NAWAC position has been made clear on several occasions, though. We are interested in exactly one specimen. Our group will not be involved in collecting any more than that regardless as to whether or not the first is collected by us. 

On which Green's position is, without doubt:  They'll have done more than enough.

Edited by DWA

I do think it is worth noting that, apparently, BF knows how to use a gamble stick. I mean, who knew?  :-)

Yuchi,

Are you a member of PETA? Because if you are it makes a lot of sense...,,,,,,,

Killing and dissecting a type specimen? Is how we discovered and categorized the natural world.

^Seriously. I'm just an observer of this guy's tactics without a dog in the fight, but there is no doubt he is trying to divert all the attention to himself while the rest of us get tired of his antics and, as I suppose is his hope, leave. Thus stopping the flow of information.

His diversion tactics remind me of a certain 10 foot hairy cryptid I've read about, honestly. Kind of funny.

^Seriously. I'm just an observer of this guy's tactics without a dog in the fight, but there is no doubt he is trying to divert all the attention to himself while the rest of us get tired of his antics and, as I suppose is his hope, leave. Thus stopping the flow of information.

His diversion tactics remind me of a certain 10 foot hairy cryptid I've read about, honestly. Kind of funny.

Dang, busted!

I have nothing to add to the conversation but that even I was taken aback by the term 'g__ks'.

I have a thick skin but, like other members of the board, am married to an asian Lady and have to wonder why this was not corrected posts ago.

Let's have some decency here while we roll about in the muck.

Nazis? Nam? Really?...

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch