N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

There's a USFS road (K trail) that fronts the south side of the plot and thousands of acres of USFS NF and ODWC GMA/PHA in the vicinity.

BFF Patron

Crikey!!! They've got CANNONS now?! That's how they're takin down trees. I'm never going into the woods again.

Yah, they probably got alligators up there too so BF conveniently grabbed one and powdered their behind.  The chief BF canon says that they can make noise like a howitzer and imitate tree crashes and weedeaters.  

Any loud explosive noises coming from X that can't otherwise be explained by local marksman or reenactor groups? (yes, I realize this is a perfect setup question)

LOL

Edited by bipedalist

Actually most of the activity is happening around a couple of cabins, much less 10 acres.  Big deal.  Have you seen the aerial footage of all the surrounding terrain?  It's not like it's ten acres, and then New York City is right next to it. 

Guest zenmonkey

Hiked up into the ouchaita national forrest yesterday. (close to X) found some very interesting broken trees and tree structures. I never bought into the tee structure thing before but these were in the middle of nowhere I had hiked for hours off the trail through the forrest. Had planed on spending the night ended up getting called to work so I wasn't able to it was foggy and very eerie. Also bug bites in places I didn't know I had.

Seriously, Area X is only 10 acres? 

M/M Branson's property is 10 acres, am not privy to what NAWAC is callin "area X".

BFF Patron

@ Zenmaster, Structures, for whatever purpose they serve for BF, are real.   That much I know.  Tree breaks that are green and singularly obvious that are too large for a human to mechanically produce are in that ballpark too.  

^ Yah the 26 inch diameter oak hypothesis leaks like a sieve unless it was heavily diseased with both root rot of some kind along with some internal problems.  A diseased lightning struck tree could be in that department though--- I had one of those in my backyard (red oak) and long after it died it took a humongous effort to both cut down and bring down.  It produced firewood for at least a season and a half for a mama bear Fischer as I recall

Edited by bipedalist

What would be the point of the tree break?  To warn a potential outsider to stay away? To communicate to others? I have always gone back and forth on this idea...still don't see enough compelling reasons to convince me fully. 

Seriously, Area X is only 10 acres?

maybe its like the realtors  say , "it's all about location , location, location ;)

M/M Branson's property is 10 acres, am not privy to what NAWAC is callin "area X".

The property that they supposedly have permission to carry weapons on, is only 10 acres.  At least from what I'm reading.  Unless they have permission from all of the surroundng land owners of course.

What would be the point of the tree break?  To warn a potential outsider to stay away? To communicate to others? I have always gone back and forth on this idea...still don't see enough compelling reasons to convince me fully. 

Um...other primates do it?  Only point necessary to make here.

Um...other primates do it?  Only point necessary to make here.

Yes, Boy Scouts do it, kids camping in the woods do it, don't forget deer, they break trees at places far taller than they can reach.

When a deer rubs the bark off of a small tree, it doesn't kill the tree, however, when the tree grows upward, and gets into the windier part of the canopy, a weakness remains, and can be exploited by an unusual wind at that weak spot.

^Yep.  I'm sensing bigfeets-on-pinheads.  I'd really like to know more about this from the people who were actually there, saw and documented the tree damage, and of course witnessed the incidents.

Edited by DWA
To remove quote of the last post