Missing Person: Saint Helens Area

HOLDMYBEER

After reading some of the comments postulated in reply to the alleged campfire incidents, I am beginning to think they’re right! It has to be one of several things causing people to go missing: A bill collector, a snake, a skunk, a bear, a meth head leaving large foot tracks, drunks, intentional disappearances, an accidental happening and so forth. While many of these do occur in National or State Parks, I simply cannot for the life of me understand why I can’t “gift†animals in the wild outdoors …

After reading some of the comments postulated in reply to the alleged campfire incidents, I am beginning to think they’re right! It has to be one of several things causing people to go missing: A bill collector, a snake, a skunk, a bear, a meth head leaving large foot tracks, drunks, intentional disappearances, an accidental happening and so forth. While many of these do occur in National or State Parks, I simply cannot for the life of me understand why I can’t “gift†animals in the wild outdoors …

^^^

Moderator Note:  My apologies for the double post. I didn't notice that until I scrolled down.

I’ll one more additional plausible explanation to add to the list offered up as why people go missing in the parks. Somebody suggested a wayfaring mule, a rogue abandoned half horse and half donkey loose in the outdoors as somebody suggested.

Edited by Gumshoeye

SSR Team

Not sure I got this quite right, they're a supposed government classification scheme from Bigfoot Hotspot "deep throat" source who they name "Mr Black"

Type 1: Patty Type (Aka "conehead")

Type 2: Southern Type (Roundhead?)

Type 3: Baboon faced "dogman" type seen only in Mississippi drainage area.

Type 4: Smaller, (But still big) less hairy more relict neanderthally Eastern type.

They're a figment of someone's imagination or if not that, they're dreamed up to fit in with a specific agenda they throw out there, that's what they are.

There is absolutely nothing, nothing, nothing and I repeat, nothing, that shows that this is even remotely accurate or true.

My interpretation of them :

Type 1 : Sasquatches

Type 2 : Sasquatches

Type 3 : Sasquatches, or maybe Bears.

Type 4 : Young Sasquatches.

This isn't aimed at you personally by the way Flash, I just think that people who have a platform that allows them to give their opinions to lots of others have a responsibilities NOT to muddy the waters on this subject and throw outlandish claims out there that people will then go and take as gospel truth, when it really isn't.

It's wrong.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

The reported head shape differences could be just a matter of hair pattern on the head.   Many reports talk of a rounded head but the hair looks rather like a Mohawk.  Or the Mohawk look could be the result of a sagittal crest.     Could be either way and interpreted differently by different observers.    Could also be sex dependent with females looking different with respect to hair than males.      Type 3 could be interpretation of facial coloring or bare skin in the nose/ mouth area.    Coloration might give the impression of a baboon face without much physical difference.     Or there could be throwback specimens that reflect genetic anomalies of previous ancestral lines.       Some humans have pronounced brow ridge looks and jutting jaws that look very Neanderthal.    Since some European humans have significant Neanderthal DNA, that is not at all surprising to me.    Arnold Schwartszenegger  looks very Neanderthal to me. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Guest Ned Merrill

The illusion we have as a modern society is that we have more or less conquered all, and that "wilderness" isn't the threat that it once was. A few previous posters stated the same thing, in more eloquent terms, but I tend to agree with that assertion and that ignorance is the real killer.

Owing to the points made about "Missing 411"...there is something that seems to be happening over and over, spanning decades, that has me seriously wondering what we are dealing with. How is it, children, little ones...are swiftly scooped OR seemingly enticed to wander off great distances, or traverse obvious danger, leaving behind familiarity and comfort of loved ones and home. My initial notion (as I read more and more of these cases) was "Pied Piper", or something that is purposesly enticing or enchanting children to seek and follow......miles and miles. What are they seeing? What are they being made to see?

SSR Team

Could be a tonne of different things SWWA, most certainly doesn't me a there is 4 different types however.

The reported head shape differences could be just a matter of hair pattern on the head.   Many reports talk of a rounded head but the hair looks rather like a Mohawk.  Or the Mohawk look could be the result of a sagittal crest.   

Yes, I've wondered that in the past, is it just what Sasquatch bed head looks like after sleeping on your arm for a pillow.

I live in an area where people disappear "out in the woods". We have lots of national forest and wilderness area, and other very popular outdoor recreation lands. We have had so many MP's in sticks that we built up a very professional Search and Rescue Team. I agree with those who believe that society has become too complacent about wondering around in the back country.

You would not believe some of the stories I could tell about the poor decisions made by people that, in some cases, cost them their lives, and in many cases would have cost them their lives had we not had a group of dedicated people willing to go out their and pull their fat outta the fire.

As for BF being responsible for any of the missing, the truth is that by the time we find some of the unlucky people they have been in the elements so long that skeletal remains are all we have to work with, or, if flesh remains, it has been degraded by scavengers to the point that forensic pathology struggles to get specific cause of death information. It isn't common to run DNA testing on missing persons remains unless there are suspicious circumstances that support some possibility that criminal activity contributed to the cause/manner of death.

So, it is entirely possible that the BF's have been responsible for the death of people in the woods. Furthermore, it is possible that even if remains are recovered, and IF a BF was responsible, no evidence is ever found with the remains that would support a BF kill.

Purely speculation on my part, but I believe that if a BF was responsible for a human death out in the woods we would never find any evidence of said kill. Perhaps a lone femur or other large bone, 3 or 4 years later in a river during spring runoff, but I doubt much else would ever be found, quite simply because they don't want it to be found.

Of course, I could be wrong.

The illusion we have as a modern society is that we have more or less conquered all, and that "wilderness" isn't the threat that it once was. A few previous posters stated the same thing, in more eloquent terms, but I tend to agree with that assertion and that ignorance is the real killer.

Owing to the points made about "Missing 411"...there is something that seems to be happening over and over, spanning decades, that has me seriously wondering what we are dealing with. How is it, children, little ones...are swiftly scooped OR seemingly enticed to wander off great distances, or traverse obvious danger, leaving behind familiarity and comfort of loved ones and home. My initial notion (as I read more and more of these cases) was "Pied Piper", or something that is purposesly enticing or enchanting children to seek and follow......miles and miles. What are they seeing? What are they being made to see?

I live in an area where people disappear "out in the woods". We have lots of national forest and wilderness area, and other very popular outdoor recreation lands. We have had so many MP's in sticks that we built up a very professional Search and Rescue Team. I agree with those who believe that society has become too complacent about wondering around in the back country.

You would not believe some of the stories I could tell about the poor decisions made by people that, in some cases, cost them their lives, and in many cases would have cost them their lives had we not had a group of dedicated people willing to go out their and pull their fat outta the fire.

As for BF being responsible for any of the missing, the truth is that by the time we find some of the unlucky people they have been in the elements so long that skeletal remains are all we have to work with, or, if flesh remains, it has been degraded by scavengers to the point that forensic pathology struggles to get specific cause of death information. It isn't common to run DNA testing on missing persons remains unless there are suspicious circumstances that support some possibility that criminal activity contributed to the cause/manner of death.

So, it is entirely possible that the BF's have been responsible for the death of people in the woods. Furthermore, it is possible that even if remains are recovered, and IF a BF was responsible, no evidence is ever found with the remains that would support a BF kill.

Purely speculation on my part, but I believe that if a BF was responsible for a human death out in the woods we would never find any evidence of said kill. Perhaps a lone femur or other large bone, 3 or 4 years later in a river during spring runoff, but I doubt much else would ever be found, quite simply because they don't want it to be found.

^^^

I agree with both here and here’s why:  I posted an apparent incident whereas a female from the PNW (Pacific Northwest) went missing the timeline fit exactly as it turns out, in the same time period of reign for one infamous serial killer. One of the members here on this thread actually made the connection for me since I erroneously believed the suspect named in her disappearance and ultimate death was chiefly a Midwest aberration.

Here’s the twist:  A newspaper article reporting on some discovery made by some SAR (Search and Rescue) people located a body of missing woman and they reported large unhuman footprints around the scene.  The remains of the body were identified as one of those believed to have fallen victim of the unnamed serial killer.

So to the point by Ned Merill and Northfork, yes it is refreshing to know others see what I see and are able to set aside all of the nonsense and come out claim it for what it is - reoccurring strange and unusual happenstance surrounding some of these missing. I say some because as many have suggested before and as the incident I recounted above states in clear print, some victims fall prey to persons, places or things not necessarily Bigfoot or Sasquatch but they may be food … for lack of a better word. Who can humanly know which do or don’t involve Sasquatch predation? That said, I do not or shall not discount out of hand the red flag oddity of children disappearing and later found (if they are) in places humanly impossible by rational standards.    

The anecdotal info I have on that is that they put victims under piles of logs or rocks, sometimes on dry land, sometimes under rocks in shallow water, near bank/shore. Ergo, yes you're only likely to find what the porcupines drag out.

I myself in attempting some left handed confirmation of this, began looking at bog body finds, after all, if this is done in swampy/marshy/reed bed kind of areas, it's those kind of places that evolve into blanket bog and anaerobic environment causing preservation of "bog body". Now obviously, most of the bog bodies seem to be human cultural burial practices, sacrifices sometimes, but replete with human clues. However, there's a few isolated ones "died a violent death" broken bones/skull etc, with no grave goods, that make you go hmmmmm... But typically, not enough info. One I found interesting, they said the clothing was absent so "must have rotted away" ... when it is asserted that Sas typically "inters" victims stripped of all clothing.... There has been a couple of very tantalizing finds in North America, where minimal study was done, it's that Native American graves thing again. Anyway, I've got nothing much on that apart from teasing snippets here and there.

Edited by Flashman2.0

I think we can sagely assume that Bigfoot have killed and eaten humans. I'm not suggesting that humans are a primary source of food but rather that humans can be considered an opportunistic find, under certain conditions.

Most researchers believe that Bigfoot have similar diets as bears and plenty of bears have killed and eaten people. There are not any large predatory animals that would pass up an opportunity to eat a human, if the human was unarmed and easy to kill.

If you think about it, most people that disappear in our national parks, are by themselves and unarmed. This would qualify as easy prey for any large bear, mountain lion or Bigfoot.

As Northfork and Flashman pointed out, a Bigfoot is likely not going to leave a ton of evidence after a kill. They would have to cache their kills, somehow, in order to protect them from other predators or scavengers; likely in a similar manner as bears. For this reason, I've always been a bit suspicious of "deer carcasses" with a missing liver or other organs missing, as evidence of Bigfoot predation. If Bigfoot are as smart as they're alleged to be, they would not leave an uneaten or partially eaten deer carcass on the ground. They'd be much more likely to bury it or wedge it in a tree.

^^^

I agree with both here and here’s why:  I posted an apparent incident whereas a female from the PNW (Pacific Northwest) went missing the timeline fit exactly as it turns out, in the same time period of reign for one infamous serial killer. One of the members here on this thread actually made the connection for me since I erroneously believed the suspect named in her disappearance and ultimate death was chiefly a Midwest aberration.

Here’s the twist:  A newspaper article reporting on some discovery made by some SAR (Search and Rescue) people located a body of missing woman and they reported large unhuman footprints around the scene.  The remains of the body were identified as one of those believed to have fallen victim of the unnamed serial killer.

So to the point by Ned Merill and Northfork, yes it is refreshing to know others see what I see and are able to set aside all of the nonsense and come out claim it for what it is - reoccurring strange and unusual happenstance surrounding some of these missing. I say some because as many have suggested before and as the incident I recounted above states in clear print, some victims fall prey to persons, places or things not necessarily Bigfoot or Sasquatch but they may be food … for lack of a better word. Who can humanly know which do or don’t involve Sasquatch predation? That said, I do not or shall not discount out of hand the red flag oddity of children disappearing and later found (if they are) in places humanly impossible by rational standards.    

@Gumshoeye

Do you have a reference for the newspaper article?

I've never read a recent article that referenced large, barefoot, human foot prints near a dead body. I'm surprised that kind of info would be released to the press as it could be seen as sensationalistic, not to mention the next logical question would be; who made the foot prints?

I have read or heard plenty of anecdotal references regarding huge, bare foot prints left behind at crime scenes or areas where people have gone missing. I just have not seen this referenced in modern journalism or police investigations.

If you have access to the article or report, I'd really like to see it.

^^^

News Article:

Three Spanaway searchers combing a densely wooded hillside near Issaquah last weekend claim they found a half dozen enormous footprints. The searchers discovered what they think are Sasquatch tracks during a search for more bodies in an area where the remains of two Seattle-area women were found last summer. The searchers were Mrs. Marie Watson, a member of Northwest Bloodhounds Search and Rescue Team, her son Robert, 18, and a friend, Jay Stockwell. The trio was planning for a major search scheduled for the area next Sunday. The area was where partial remains of Janice Ott, Denise Naslund and an unidentified woman were found last summer. Mrs. Watson said the huge prints appeared to have been made with a bare foot and were imbedded an inch into the mud. She estimated they had been there a week. Robert, who wears a size 10 1/2 shoe, said the prints were six inches longer and three inches wider than his boots. The stride between tracks was much longer than a man's, he said. Mrs. Watson, a well-known and experienced Northwest tracker, said the prints definitely were not human. "They were not from human feet," she said. "The one I examined had a kind of thumb and an arch." Mrs. Watson said she was frightened by the size of the tracks and somewhat fearful since her bloodhounds had been left home. "I wasn't even thinking about a Sasquatch, and when I saw them, I thought My God in Heaven," she said. Mrs. Watson isn't sure what made the deep tracks in the lonely woods above Issaquah, but something big obviously did, she said. The question is - What was it?   Searchers report huge footprints, Tacoma News Tribune, Wednesday, February 19, 1975, Wa

Edited by Gumshoeye