How Sure Are You?

TedSallis

Convinced by a preponderance of the evidence....i.e., more likely than not. It would take finding a good track (at least) to push me closer towards certainty.

I'm not sure how sure I am. I'm fairly sure that BF exists, but I haven't seen one with my own eyes. I suppose that equates to a very definite maybe... :rolleyes:

for me personally seeing is believing, I have not seen a Bigfoot myself.  I'll say it again I have camped, hiked, hunted, fished and worked spent many hours, days, nights from northern California to the Olympic National Forest  I grew up here in the PNW and been to all the local reported Bigfoot sighting areas.

I have had several unexplainable circumstances in the woods that made me wonder what could that be? I always try to first make an educated guess as what am I experiencing. What can make those sounds or prints? Several of my experiences left me with one conclusion without a sighting, "Bigfoot" seemed to be the only answer.

I'm still sitting om the fence, I need to see with my own two eyes.

So not all skeptics are 100% non believers some like me are 50-50, I only know one person who has ever gave me a first hand report and he told me no doubt he saw one, with all the other stories and reports its hard not to believe. 

Read my signature line

Don't give up hope of ever seeing a BF, I had believed thanks to my dad before I ever actually saw one, and I can truly say that I am so very thankful that my "sighting" was from a car because the Dogman I saw was digging for food, and he turned and stepped towards our car. We made eye contact, he froze, I froze staring at him, and we were past him before I could even ask hubby to go back. Hubby said 

"NO" plus some other language emphasizing his determination to continue towards home w/o stopping, much less looking for a "creature that does not exist":(

As a young female I wandered in the forest and woodlands with no fear whatsoever.

100% for me too. Finding tracks on half a dozen occasions that were not bear tracks, sealed the deal. Then I had 3 seperate sightings within a 20 mile radius to confirm it.

Like some others, I'm not sure what they are. I used to think an ape species, then 2 looked close to human. The third looked like a huge long haired gorilla. Maybe they were 2 subspecies or whatever.

I'm 61 yrs. old, and have lived most of my life in rual/wilderness settings from Portland Oregon, to Minnesota, where I live now. I don't remember anything BF related until my first track find in the early 70's. Since my sightings, like SusieQ I was scared to be in the woods, and am just now starting to get out again. It's been around 10 yrs. now. It seems like there is a lull in activity, in my area now. Perhaps contributing to my sense of wellbeing returning.

Susi says:

I am happy for you that you have been able to return to the peace and quiet found only in deep woodlands.

I would only go into our nearby forested areas with an armed male who knew how to use the weapon in a stressful situation:( The Dogman sighting changed my life.

There really are **things** that go "bump" in the night that I would avoid at all costs, and staying out of the woods is more acceptable rather being scared the entire time I would be hiking or camping. This truly makes me sad because I **LOVED** the woodlands and the peace found within those areas. 

Edited by SweetSusiq

I am 100% convinced of observing things for which there exists no mainstream societal explanation and choose to classify these observations as those of a unidentified homind subject (UHS) and further define these observations to include a facial profile of the GEICO/Alley Oop caveman look with one profile (Louisiana) rather Cheetahesqe, in appearance.

One (former) hunter on the Rogers county property had an encounter with an apparent dogman and to this day, refuses to discuss it in any detail as he feels a bad mojo is connected with the entire event. Based upon Jeff's reaction, I hope to have the good fortune of never meeting up with one.

As an aside, on a recent Finding Bigfoot episode (Louisiana) the witness ( a self-proclaimed skoftic) allegedly had one in the crosshairs of his rifle scope (2X) yet did not pull the trigger.  His answer for not doing so was, "it looked too human". His status immediately changed from skoftic to knower.

100% that they exist and will eventually be shown to be a perfectly normal (as in every day mammal normal, no telekinesis, no shape shifting, non-brain zapping) mammal and my money is on great ape, not proto or quasi human...

I am 100 percent sure that some of the folks I have spoke with about their sightings are telling the truth about what they saw...But that doesn't quite take me to being 100 percent sure of it's existence. I would say I am around 95%.  I just have a lot of questions that haven't been answered....yet.

I haven't seen one.  I don't necessarily have to see one to believe without a doubt that they exist. But I guess I do need to see some undeniable proof or at least know that undeniable proof has been found and documented.

• Upvote 1

Nope.  For personal reasons, I choose to be selective who I share it with.

MIB

if you went out to the woods and saw a bear, would you share that story?

if you went out to the woods and saw a bear, would you share that story?

Probably.  Why do you ask?

I believe if we could talk openly about bigfoot the same way we do bears, we could finally put an end to the debate. The best evidence is always never seen/heard.

In 2007 I started reading and looking around, I was trying to add some knowledge to a 30 foot sighting when I was 10 yo. I met some people, gathered some info, and found a couple of extended family groups who are taking advantage of a local resource. I have had several brief sightings and have convinced my self to a certainty that I saw what I saw 50 years ago.

That has been good enough for me, I'm to out of shape to do any serious field work. I really am uncertain as to what they are though.

I know they exist. Saw one at close range in daylight.

sheri,

Is your sighting documented here somewhere?