Dr. Ketchum's Report And Explanation Of Sykes Dna Study

All of the above. The creature I saw was covered with thick matted black hair, and I mean everywhere except his eyes. Hair covered, huge, black, and scary. Black eyes also.

I think the flaw is equating dogman to bigfoot.   If :) I accept your description of what you saw as valid (and I do), then what you saw is not what I saw.    I'm fairly sure the "wood ape" is something else yet, a third type.   This isn't a new idea.   Read Ivan Sanderson and Robert Alley.  The evidence points towards about 5 different kinds.   

As long as we are stubbornly trying to force them all into a single mold, we're going to come up with wrong and misleading answers. 

MIB

Area Geneticist proves Bigfoot to be real and moves on to write children's books.

Um yeah that is exactly what credible scientists do.

Boy, I wish that I had ability to do all of that stuff. Have you managed any of it yourself? I was only a credible RN, I was never a writer of more than a few book reviews.. Well talented lady IMHO..

What news conference?  Nothing of the sort in the above link.

The first video listed, and it runs for over 2 hours. I really enjoyed it, plus got to see some of their BF videos..

I think the flaw is equating dogman to bigfoot.   If :) I accept your description of what you saw as valid (and I do), then what you saw is not what I saw.    I'm fairly sure the "wood ape" is something else yet, a third type.   This isn't a new idea.   Read Ivan Sanderson and Robert Alley.  The evidence points towards about 5 different kinds.   

As long as we are stubbornly trying to force them all into a single mold, we're going to come up with wrong and misleading answers. 

MIB

I agree with you 101%. Look at how we all look, and look around the world, we all walk on 2 feet, and have 2 arms and hands, then it is a free for all about what is left...black to white and every color in-between, short, tall, thin to fat, we cover all the bases..

georgerm

Oh For Heaven's sake what a silly and clearly undefined  rebuttal that you have posted against Dr. Ketchum's DNA paper!

Actually, it seemed fairly focused and precise. Your analysis of his post could possibly clear up my confusion.

I majored in science and have a BS degree in nursing. Your rebuttal makes no sense.

Using your expertise as a science major, please help me understand why it's nonsense. I know it won't  be difficult for someone of your obvious erudition.

Hubby works with genetics and I will have him look over your posting and then an expert can decide if you are making stuff up to discredit Melba.

I do genuinely look forward to an expert's opinion on the matter! I hope he can get to it soon.  :wub:

The same exact DNA so far is only shown in the mitochondria on purported samples, which is just a tiny "seperate from the nucleus" , "inherited fully intact without recombination", piece of an organisms genetic make up.  Our genetics in the mtDNA could not be in bigfoot unless they could mate with us and produce fertile offspring. If it can mate with us and produce fertile offspring, then it is human. This is inescapable whatever the differences might appear to be. 

So the only thing to debate is whether these results will continue, even with a specimen,  or will we ever find the holy grail "unknown primate" mtDNA sequence. I simply won't hold my breath for the later.

Plus 1 to you. Southern, You bring a lot to this forum, I really agree with your postings, and I sincerely respect your opinions. Thank you.. Susi:)

Thank you MIB, I tried to one plus  this posting but I'm all out of points:( I'll catch up with you tomorrow. 

MIB

I have never contemplated these animals each being *a* different species. Thank you for this information, and I now have some reading to do. Looking back at Patty, and remembering how my Dogman looked, I agree that these things could all be different species. Is it possible that all of them have some human DNA? YIKES!!

Edited by SweetSusiq

Guest Darrell

Here is another *crazy* thought: Why are you here dissing believers at a Bigfoot forum? This is about Bigfoot. If you think they don't exist, why bother coming here?  Dissing believers who are posting at a forum for Bigfoot believers makes no sense to me:( 

How was I disrespectful of you or other believers? I would think if I were disrespectful the moderaters would censor my post and retaliate with some type of punative punishment.  I do not tow the party line here, if you dont like that maybe you should ask the mods to ban me. But the bottom line is, if bigfoot exists, why cant anybody find one? Why cant anyone kill one?

How is what Darrell said "dissing believers"?

His comment lead me to believe that he thinks there is no Bigfoot and that is why we do not have a body, nor credible DNA. I just don't understand why someone might come to a forum devoted to Bigfoot and make comments that sound as if he believes that BF does not exist. That confuses me. I was surprised at his comment and then I commented on his comment. :) Just saying.....  ;)

BFF is not an exclusive website. All viewpoints are welcome, as I understand it. While I'm a cautious, pragmatic, hoping-for skeptic, I appreciate the fact there are some here asking questions that seem unanswerable by proponents.

It's been 47 years since the PGF. What is there to hang our hats on in the meantime? C'mon, if we're gonna insist the creature exists, it seems to me there ought to be more than anecdotal reports.

Guest Darrell

^Well said. Much better than I could have. I was just thinking on Sunday as I drove home how it's been almost 50 yrs since the PGF and really nothing to speak of but just a lot of nothing. All the hoopla in the last 4 yrs has has accomplished nothing. Now let's see, nothing + nothing still equals NOTHING!

How was I disrespectful of you or other believers? I would think if I were disrespectful the moderaters would censor my post and retaliate with some type of punative punishment.  I do not tow the party line here, if you dont like that maybe you should ask the mods to ban me. But the bottom line is, if bigfoot exists, why cant anybody find one? Why cant anyone kill one?

Darrell, They have been found, filmed, and had their DNA tested.  Was it President Teddy Roosevelt that shot and killed one? I have read so many articles over the past 10 years that I cannot keep them all straight anymore, but in my humble opinion I find it impossible to ignore the evidence of the reality of this species.  

They do exist. You are correct that they are elusive, but they do exist.

Look at the films, look at the number of people doing DNA and research on this species, look at the pictures people all over the country have taken of this animal.

To me it has been proven through anecdotal  accounts.

I saw one, I had believed before my sighting, but my sighting was real. It sometimes distresses me when skeptics speak up against BF with a cute comment, and your comment sadden me and I responded.

I'm sorry if my comment sounded rude, because I did not mean to be rude, just tired of slightly sarcastic comments from people at the BFF forum  who do not believe.Then I wonder why be here if we can't discuss the reality of this species:(

^Well said. Much better than I could have. I was just thinking on Sunday as I drove home how it's been almost 50 yrs since the PGF and really nothing to speak of but just a lot of nothing. All the hoopla in the last 4 yrs has has accomplished nothing. Now let's see, nothing + nothing still equals NOTHING!

Incorrigible and Darrell, In the past 50 years we have had videos, we have pictures, and we have accounts from people all over the country telling about their encounters.

Have you read the article where a group of Marines on Night Maneuvers with no weapons encountered a Sasquatch:) They all became instant believers. I am beyond ready for something to happen to prove the reality of this species to

1) inform and thus protect the public

2) Protect the BF from humans hunting it to extinction.

That is why I am here, this is the only place where people understand what it means to see a living walking impossibility of a creature, yet it lives..

Look up the policemen who have encountered this creature, and watch Bigfootville, the story of the policemen in Oklahoma who encountered a BF. Even years later the policemen voice quivers and he tears up just talking about it.

Edited by SweetSusiq

Anecdotes and sketchy video doesn't cut it. Sorry. I wanna believe. But what's been put forth just doesn't cut the mustard.

• Upvote 1