Dr. Ketchum's Report And Explanation Of Sykes Dna Study

Guest Darrell

I don't know what you saw. I don't know you. What you say shouldn't mean anything to me. What should matter is the actual creature. No body has found one yet. 10 yrs from know it will be the same old tired excuses why you can't find one. Kill one, capture one, find a place one can consistently go to see one in the wild and I'll believe. Until then I remain very skeptical oh bigfoot and those who claim to have seen one.

Darrell and Incorrigible:

If I can get permission to take you guys to a habitation site would you guys be interested in going?

If you could go to the sites with me and the habituator you should see a Sasquatch or 2, possibly even more.

Of course, that is if the people who have the site allow any of us to go there since they only know me. I can ask and see if you guys are interested in seeing one or more..Let me know what you think...Thanks.

His comment lead me to believe that he thinks there is no Bigfoot and that is why we do not have a body, nor credible DNA. I just don't understand why someone might come to a forum devoted to Bigfoot and make comments that sound as if he believes that BF does not exist. That confuses me. I was surprised at his comment and then I commented on his comment. :) Just saying.....   ;)

He merely stated his opinion on bigfoot, which is his right. Sorry if it confuses you but it is in no way being disrepectful. I'm skeptical of it's existence too, but hopeful it does exist and is one day proven.

Darrell, They have been found, filmed, and had their DNA tested.  Was it President Teddy Roosevelt that shot and killed one? I have read so many articles over the past 10 years that I cannot keep them all straight anymore, but in my humble opinion I find it impossible to ignore the evidence of the reality of this species.  

They do exist. You are correct that they are elusive, but they do exist.

Look at the films, look at the number of people doing DNA and research on this species, look at the pictures people all over the country have taken of this animal.

To me it has been proven through anecdotal  accounts.

I saw one, I had believed before my sighting, but my sighting was real. It sometimes distresses me when skeptics speak up against BF with a cute comment, and your comment sadden me and I responded.

I'm sorry if my comment sounded rude, because I did not mean to be rude, just tired of slightly sarcastic comments from people at the BFF forum  who do not believe.Then I wonder why be here if we can't discuss the reality of this species:(

Teddy Rooseveldt related an account he heard of someone being attacked by a bigfoot, you are probably confusing it with Daniel Boone, who said he shot what he called a "yahoo" and his description of the creature matches close to what we call bigfoot.

And sorry, but unless it is something new you'll probably not find any story or supposed DNA developments we haven't heard many times over, forward and backwards and discussed ad naseum. You'll find many of the non-believers know these stories and history of the bigfoot phenomenon better than many believers. We do our research as well. Some of the stories and reports are very interesting, but none are proof that bigfoot exists, and many are just plain bunk.

Edited by Rockape

Susie, I could be wrong, but haven't you stated here on more than one occasion that you refuse to go into the woods, and that "hubby" won't allow you to?  Because of how scared you are of these "creatures".  Now you're going to habituation sites?

I would go with these guys and my hubby only and well armed. I have avoided the woods since my sighting. The creature I saw was horrific and I cannot even imagine camping nor hiking again. I sorta have PTSD:( I think.

Edited by SweetSusiq

A habitation site is different, and I am familiar with 3 people who have them and have invited me there to see their sasquatch. Thankfully no Dogmen are in that group. With my hubby by my side, I would not be too afraid to do so. I would like to see a regular BF once in my life if possible.

Do these people say you could see one in plain site? No, "There he is, you just can't see him because he is cloaking",  or 2 ft tall shadows in the leaves of trees? And, please don't take this as me poking fun at anyone... I see these claims made all the time on FB, with these accompanying reasons.  I just don't understand.  Habituators talk of wanting protection for the Forest People, so why not provide the proof. Bring in the scientist, on terms of no kill, no touch.. To set up an observation station, take notes, learn, provide a peer reviewed paper to prove they exist and go for whatever form of protection they feel is or is not needed?  Makes no sense to me.

ETA: I hope you do go Susi. I would love to hear what happens.

Edited by chelefoot
  • Upvote 1

in all seriousness, I think some of those people may have mental health issues. It's probably not even worth including that in the BF debate.

Darrel:

It is perplexing as to why we don't have better video of BF or why more aren't brought in shot dead. My theory is they are rare, have great hearing, sight, smell, and are extremely stealthy more so than Navy Seals.

Many skeptics enter debates before self educating themselves on what others have written about bigfoot. Start by reading Tribal Bigfoot by David Paulides.

There are reports of bigfoot being shot and brought in. Read below. 

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/47242-32-reports-of-bigfoot-being-shot-dead/

24. After 1969: Clark, Washington. Neat Mt. St. Helens, a manshot and killed a Bigfoot, then tried to sell it, but stopped when he thought it might have been illegal to kill the Bigfoot.

25. 1970: Spokane, Washington. Grover Krantz reported that a hunter shot and killed a Bigfoot.

26. June 1976: Baltimore, Maryland. As unlikely as it sounds, a Bigfoot was reported here in May 1976. Police were called, and K-9′s initially refused to track it.

27. January 1976: Elm Creek, Texas Panhandle. Three menshot and killed two Bigfoots.

28. January 2000: Honobia, Oklahoma. The Siege of Honobia. Bigfoot apparently shot and killed as part of a group that was raiding and harassing a rural residence.

29. November 12, 2003: Lafollette, Tennessee. A creature had been killing peoples’ animals. A goat and cat at the very least had been killed. Local sherrif and deputies tracked Bigfoot and shot it dead.

30. August 2006: Slim Buttes, Pine Ridge Reservation, South Dakota. A Bigfoot that had been named Chiye-tanka was shot and killed on the reservation.

CONCLUSION
robert_lindsey.jpg"From 1884-present, a 125 year period, 32 Bigfoots have been shot dead by humans, hunters or otherwise. Humans kill or take into custody Bigfoots or their bodies once every 3.9 years or about once every 4 years. In most cases, after the Bigfoot was shot it was simply left in the woods where it fell. In some cases, it was buried. In the modern era, people who shot Bigfoots were often afraid to talk about it for fear of being prosecuted. They often thought that they had killed some sort of a human being and would be prosecuted for manslaughter or homicide.

In recent years, government officials seem to be taking the bodies away after Bigfoots are shot dead. There is a possible government coverup occurring in recent years, since 1968. In the future, humans will continue to shoot and kill Bigfoots in North America. In order for science to make use of these bodies, the legal question regarding shooting a Bigfoot to death needs to be resolved somehow. Otherwise, people who shoot and kill Bigfoots will continue to abandon them or bury them in the woods.

Bigfoot organizations should establish procedures about what to do the next time a Bigfoot is shot and killed. Probably the best plan would be to say that the organization is willing to accept and Bigfoot shot dead, no questions asked. The person could then donate the body to the organization without fear of being prosecuted. It’s doubtful that the government would go after the organization merely for holding a Bigfoot corpse.

The organization should then contact a scientist such as Dr. Meldrum immediately, and probably arrange to have the corpse delivered to him. At the same time, notify the media. The government would have a hard time stealing the corpse away from Meldrum after the media have been notified.

Anyone who shoots and kills a Bigfoot should try to protect the corpse and notify either Bigfoot organizations of prominent scientists such as Dr. Meldrum. Do not notify the authorities. If you do, you’re likely to never see the body again."

Do these people say you could see one in plain site? No, "There he is, you just can't see him because he is cloaking",  or 2 ft tall shadows in the leaves of trees? And, please don't take this as me poking fun at anyone... I see these claims made all the time on FB, with these accompanying reasons.  I just don't understand.  Habituators talk of wanting protection for the Forest People, so why not provide the proof. Bring in the scientist, on terms of no kill, no touch.. To set up an observation station, take notes, learn, provide a peer reviewed paper to prove they exist and go for whatever form of protection they feel is or is not needed?  Makes no sense to me.

I have been invited by Melba in the past and one of her supporters who lives across the country from me who has a relationship and a Habitation site with some members of the BF species. Hubby said NO rather emphatically, I can't go without him, and he is not going:( He does not believe, but he understands that I do, and neither one of us tries to change the other's opinion. It would be impossible for me to dismiss my husband's intelligence and discernment  and I can only hope that one day the truth of the BF's existence will be revealed; probably by a deceased BF being found, or one being shot or hit by a truck. 

Guest Darrell

Many skeptics enter debates before self educating themselves on what others have written about bigfoot. Start by reading Tribal Bigfoot by David Paulides.

I have been a fan of this mess since 1970. I have a library of over 20 volumes of bigfoot publishings. Met Grover Krantz once in the Early 80's, visited with peter Bryne at his old Bigfoot Information Center in The Dalles, OR, and listened to a lecture Meldrum gave a number of years ago at UoI. Please do not assume that, because I am a skeptic, or skoftic, or whatever you all think we are, that I am not educated regarding the phenomena. My views are based on a calculated opinion of the evidence and I dont feel there is an actual creature. In fact, I am going to put all this bigfoot drivel behind me soon. If anyone is interested in my bigfoot book collection i will be selling it off soon.

I can only hope that one day the truth of the BF's existence will be revealed; probably by a deceased BF being found, or one being shot or hit by a truck. 

So if that  hasnt happened in the last 50 yrs, Why do you think it will happen ever?

Thank you so much for your kind comment. I would sincerely love to safely see a regular BF. But who knows, I may be as traumatized by a "regular" BF as I was by the Dogman I saw. My family does not believe in them, and my kids go camping and hiking, and I always ask them to call me when they return home.

I truly wish that everyone knew about the potential dangers in our forests and woodlands.

I have been a fan of this mess since 1970. I have a library of over 20 volumes of bigfoot publishings. Met Grover Krantz once in the Early 80's, visited with peter Bryne at his old Bigfoot Information Center in The Dalles, OR, and listened to a lecture Meldrum gave a number of years ago at UoI. Please do not assume that, because I am a skeptic, or skoftic, or whatever you all think we are, that I am not educated regarding the phenomena. My views are based on a calculated opinion of the evidence and I dont feel there is an actual creature. In fact, I am going to put all this bigfoot drivel behind me soon. If anyone is interested in my bigfoot book collection i will be selling it off soon.

So if that  hasnt happened in the last 50 yrs, Why do you think it will happen ever?

Thanks for the reply and I understand your thoughts. Many of us understand how, feel and we share your frustration.

Darrell said:

So if that  hasn't happened in the last 50 yrs, Why do you think it will happen ever?

Susi says:

Because I have hope. They exist, they are here all around us spread throughout  our woodlands, so I have hope for disclosure and then protection.