Knowing What You Now Know, How Would You React To A Close Daylight Sighting?

MNskeptic

Knowing what I know now from my bigfoot sighting last month. If I have another sighting I will:

1) Always have my camera with me charged and set on video.

2) Never take my eyes off the bigfoot and raise the camera up to my face and record.

3) Never chase after it especially at dusk.

Smokies?

Way off, the Far Western part of Virginia, and as far away from civilization as anywhere you can get in the Western portion of Virginia. I know a few people who swear they have seen bigfoot in and around this region as well. About as specific as I want to be tbh lol. I will say there is a ton of year round water sources in this area, and where I had all of my experiences was around one of the most remote and useless(to humans) sources. That was not a person like us that came up to me that night, but I didn't know that 100% the night it happened. 

No need to be specific regarding your location. I was just curious if it was in/around the Smokies because I live just about 25 minutes from them.  I was thinking you and I are neighbors.

I would have no problem if I seen one during the day,because i have. A small one that was kind of orange fur ball. That was around Four in the afternoon during hunting . This guy did not have it's hair matted down but was more like standing up all over. I estimate that it was between 4' to 5' tall and was jumping up and down waving it's arms as I heard knocking coming from the rear of my blind in two different directions. Again this was during bow season and i had a bait pile in front of corn that was twenty yards from my blind.

All I can say is that I did feel this intense fear ,like I needed to leave.But I am not sure why that the creature that I was looking at waving and jumping p and down. But it did seem that he made his presence known, other wise I would have never have notice him.

I would have no problem if I seen one during the day,because i have. A small one that was kind of orange fur ball. That was around Four in the afternoon during hunting . This guy did not have it's hair matted down but was more like standing up all over. I estimate that it was between 4' to 5' tall and was jumping up and down waving it's arms as I heard knocking coming from the rear of my blind in two different directions. Again this was during bow season and i had a bait pile in front of corn that was twenty yards from my blind.

All I can say is that I did feel this intense fear ,like I needed to leave.But I am not sure why that the creature that I was looking at waving and jumping p and down. But it did seem that he made his presence known, other wise I would have never have notice him.

figured if he couldn't get to the corn he would run the deer off to. Like there aren't enough things to hinder us bowhunters already, lol.

I lost my joy of the outdoors especially during hunting season after several encounters during a hunting season several years ago. Spoke with Coonbo and Bear about it yrs ago and I am still shaken to my core. I "knew" they were out there somewhere but never ever did I expect to see them personally. They will forever make you question what is real and challenge your faith in away you can't imagine. Those that know what I am saying will attest. Those that haven't yet seen this creature but want to, becareful what you ask for, it takes something away from you...

Admin

I think it depends on the size of the animal. If it is in the 200 to 300 lbs range, I think I would be shocked that it actually exists.

If it's a giant 9ft 500+ beast, I don't know, I would certainly be fearful of it's abilities.

Edited by gigantor

Guest lightheart

I think that no one knows what they will do in an encounter..... The brain is saying this can't be happening and everything feels like slow motion. The reality sets in a few days later and all you can say is ....'oh wow!

I lost my joy of the outdoors especially during hunting season after several encounters during a hunting season several years ago. Spoke with Coonbo and Bear about it yrs ago and I am still shaken to my core. I "knew" they were out there somewhere but never ever did I expect to see them personally. They will forever make you question what is real and challenge your faith in away you can't imagine. Those that know what I am saying will attest. Those that haven't yet seen this creature but want to, becareful what you ask for, it takes something away from you...

Hello Chris and welcome to the forum.

Can you describe your sighting in detail? How many years did you hunt? What approximate area and no specifics did your sighting occur?

There are others just like you that gave up going into the woods after a sighting. Get back out there for a few hours at a time until the woods becomes friendly again. Chances of seeing another one are nil and besides hunters are usually well armed.

During my short encounter or dream while sleeping out under the stars in Oregon, I woke to see something looking at me from behind this huge log. At the time bigfoot was not on my radar but a bear was perceived. However, it had not big bear ears. I was so tired after cutting wood all day, I tried to doze off again. When I looked back up it was gone or my dream stopped. Fear never entered the equation but knowing what I know now, I would have never taken my eyes off the subject and may have been fearful. One never knows until it happens. Mentally train for the event like cops do. Many reports tell of the disappearing act when ones glances away from the bigfoot. They wait for this moment.

ChrisBarr

I know exactly what you mean on how they will challenge your faith. It is their approach and the way they understood when and where they would make their encounter with you. It is that personal feeling that you had with these creatures when you had that contact with them.It is not a fear but a knowing that you are no longer the top predator of the forest that you once thought you had before your sighting. But you do need to challenge yourself and get your self back into the forest and under stand these creatures.

I'd probably slap box him and steal his lady....joking of course....except the lady part....

In all seriousness, I'd like to hear ChrisBarr's accounts.....

Edited by clubbedfoot

I am really sure that reactions like ChrisBarr's are the reactions of people who just knew for certain these things weren't real.  I have a hard time believing that seeing one of these would affect the way I looked at the woods.  I mean, I know what else is out there...heh heh, I think...and so far so good.  So what would change when I find out that an ape I pretty much know exists has been out there, just as I've suspected, all along?  An open mind is Kevlar.

Edited by DWA