Sasquatch 2014- Status

hiflier

Um, no, um, it does, as the scientists who vouch for it attest and have used science's exacting standards to show.  (Reading Is Fundamental.  Didn't I just say this, two posts up?)  But your faith in people who, after all, are only in it for the money is touching.

Edited by DWA

No, that's because science hasn't followed it.

Some very well-qualified scientists say the evidence leads right to it.  Their counsel is unaddressed.

Hardly. Thousands are out there every year specifically looking for bigfoot. It does not take a team of scientists to bump into a 9ft ape in Ohio.  It seems that the only people incapable of finding bigfoot are those intent upon gathering proof.  If you just want to hang in the forest and sing songs with them, you'll be surrounded. 

Really?  I want an accounting.  All of them, what they're doing, for how long and with what expertise and equipment.

None.  I mean, you can believe anything you want if you refuse to let facts interfere.

Really?  I want an accounting.  All of them, what they're doing, for how long and with what expertise and equipment.

None.  I mean, you can believe anything you want if you refuse to let facts interfere.

This was done by me in another thread a couple of weeks back. It was ballparking admittedly and was only based on bigfoot organizations and their expeditions, like the BRFO. You can look for it or not, I'm not doing it for you.

Oh, those.  Yep, that's what I thought then, that's what I think now.

The only expeditions that have been out enough either everybody has had sightings, or, you know, they got a movie of one.

Denialists haven't stifled the evidence at all.

The evidence speaks for itself.

There's a mountain of evidence. Unfortunately none of it is very good.

In considering the evidence, you have literally thousands of eye witnesses, hundreds of which come from respected careers with no reason to lie or receive personal gain for telling their story.  That's not counting the hundreds of years of Native American history and legends regarding this subject!  Hair samples that cannot be matched to any known subject.  Foot prints, some of which have had expert review of the dermal ridge imprints as being authentic and impossible to fake.  Countless pictures, films and videos that cannot be discounted and DNA samples processed by not one, but multiple labs which reached the same decision. 

This very same level evidence supports criminal and civil proceedings daily here in the U.S.  It is reliable evidence, yet not one government agency or science related institution will openly give this subject any serious consideration!  When you look at some of the other crazy studies our tax dollars will support, I find this position of denial much more than mere coincidence.       

I think researchers should always take water into consideration when looking for a place to research. In my opinion Sasquatch do not get their fluids from the food they eat like gorillas. In the east we have a lot of water sources in almost any area but water sources are becoming more polluted every year and even here it may be a little harder for them to find "good" water. The more arid regions that researchers are in I think a good water source would be a key area to focus on.

Midnight Owl:  add to your list the hundreds of descriptions of fine points of primate behavior and anatomy generally known only to primatologists, by people who have never had any experience with the known primates.

People who dismiss all this with a wave of the hand are showing how little of it they have actually looked at.  Science says you can't dismiss it unless you can come up with a better explanation; and those of us who are paying attention know that none of the alternatives even make sense.