Sasquatch 2014- Status

hiflier

Irrelevant.  "No proof" is only relevant to people who really don't want the proof to ever happen.  It's real, or not, whether we acknowledge it, or not.

It's real, or not, whether we acknowledge it, or not."

Yes, a fact is a fact , or not a fact, in fact, independent of our factual knowledge. And that's a fact!

Edited by dmaker

Guest Crowlogic

I'd love it proven real, I'd love it proven fake.  I just can't take circus of lost souls under the big bigfoot tent as it stands.

I've found the most productive way to address this topic to be avoiding the circus and focusing on the evidence.  As with all scientific topics, the wheat and chaff separate rather cleanly when one does that.

Guest LarryP

Your personal incredulity does not transform your claim into a fact. 

Hey pot, great advice you're giving the kettle !

• 2 months later...

I've found the most productive way to address this topic to be avoiding the circus and focusing on the evidence.  As with all scientific topics, the wheat and chaff separate rather cleanly when one does that.

You are clearly on the right path and arguing with some is futile and aggravating. Chilcutt and Meldrum have a much deeper understanding than most will ever have, and we must depend on experts.

By Grover S. Krantz

Casts of three large human-like footprints were made by U.S. Forest Service personnel in June, 1982, in southeastern Washington State. The fine-grained soil preserved many impressions of dermal ridges and sweat pores. Careful study by dermatoglyphics experts shows these impressions are perfectly consistent with the friction skin found only in higher primates. The foot size of 37.5 x 17 cm rules out any known primate; the nonopposed first digit indicates a hominid. Physical circumstances suggest a body weight of 300 to 400 kg. It is believed that all possible methods of faking this evidence have been considered, and ruled out.

Now,  getting back to the original topic. Yes, the last decade has taken some twists and turns and Bigfoot has evaded us. Why?  My opinions:

1. Bigfoot could be migrating to Canada to get away from habitat disturbances.

2. Bigfoot could be perishing due to habitat disturbances.

3. Bigfoot, known for being smart, has developed better ways to avoid human detection. Bigfoot knows it's being stalked so it's gone into extreme nocturnal mode and has moved to more remote areas.

4. Bigfoot has powerful natural mental abilities, such as the ability to remote view and communicate telepathically. This enables it to avoid detection. Humans lost this ability since our minds were filled during our school years.

Bigfoot will be proven to satisfy the general public soon. We just need to be patient. Reports and videos keep coming in so don't give up hope. The question is how will this creature be accommodated by us.

Edited by georgerm

georgerm, regarding your first opinion: I've seen this on a nature TV show. The researchers tranquilize the animal first so they can attach a tracking device to it. Then they can track its movements to see if its migrating.

I read a report somewhere where a feral child was accompanying a Bigfoot in Canada I believe. The child may have been the only survivor of a plane crash and was rescued by a Bigfoot. The story claims the child was dressed in animal skins and was invading peoples camp sites stealing food items and such.. can't remember where I read that one?

georgerm,

Although your first 3 points are usefull conjectures as to why evidence for BF is becoming harder to find, your 4th point falls into one of the biggest problems I see when trying to get the general public to take this investigation seriously. When you combine BF investigation with other areas of "pseudoscience/paranormal" topics you are reinforcing the public image of BF believers as crackpots worthy of ridicule. I know that scientists have attempted to conduct experiments to verify telepathic abilities. To the best of my knowledge, none have ever demonstrated any validity for this ability in any human or animal. As we all have heard, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Why make the dificulty twice as hard?

If BF really exists, then it must conform to it's environment as a biologically reasonable creature. If you were to change your 4th point to "BF has enhanced natural abilities, such as sense of smell, hearing, and eyesight, that helps it avoid detection.", you now have a workable hypothesis. As an opportunistic predator, it is entirely reasonable that BF has evolved these senses beyond human capabilities. Furthermore, as more and more people are encroaching on BF habitat, these are the very senses that would be most useful as they learn to avoid us.

BFF Patron

GeorgeRM There is another factor at play. With each generation of humans, less and less of them go into the woods for any reason. For a teenager being out of cell phone coverage is an emergency. High gas prices discourage weekend trips. Hunting is going out of favor because of PC factors, fishing is not being done as much by younger generations for the same reason, hiking and camping are less prevalent, so the net effect is fewer humans in the woods. And those that are in the woods are less capable woodman than in past generations. Certainly the lost hiker numbers are on the rise in the PNW.

• Upvote 1

I read a report somewhere where a feral child was accompanying a Bigfoot in Canada I believe. The child may have been the only survivor of a plane crash and was rescued by a Bigfoot. The story claims the child was dressed in animal skins and was invading peoples camp sites stealing food items and such.. can't remember where I read that one?

Here you go Dave!

Very cool account!  Allegedly 33 people reported seeing the boy.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/BFbaby.htm

Bigfoot Roaming the Wilds with a Child?

May 19, 2000 -- VANCOUVER, Canada - Excited researchers are combing the wilds of British Columbia in response to recent sightings of Bigfoot accompanied by a blond-haired boy!

More than two-dozen people claim to have seen the human youngster dressed in animal skins and loping along beside the towering man beast. Investigators speculate that the mystery boy may be the missing survivor of a plane crash that occurred in the area 11 years ago, raised from childhood by Bigfoot.

"This is the most tantalizing development in Bigfoot research to take place in decades," said Dr. Rob Worrier, a zoologist involved in the hunt for the elusive forest creature. "It suggests that Bigfoot is not some shambling monster as he is often depicted, but a gentle and intelligent being capable of nurturing behavior and compassion."

Dentist Dr. Arthur Gosten who was camping in the Rockies with his family first spotted the boy, described by eyewitnesses as lean and wiry with long, matted hair, in late March.

The Vancouver man was awakened in the early morning by the frantic cries of his 12 year-old daughter. When he emerged from his tent, he saw her pointing into the woods.

"She said that a 'wild boy' was stealing our food," Dr. Gosten recalls. "I looked where she was pointing and saw this half naked boy slinking off into the trees with an armful of canned goods."

Shouting after the child, Dr. Gosten gave chase and caught up with him at the edge of a clearing.

"I couldn't believe my eyes. The boy was standing next to an enormous, hairy, man like creature at least 8 feet tall," Dr. Gosten said. "The thing took some of the boys load, then they ambled off together into the woods, both of them walking with the same hunched over, ape like stride."

Since that sighting, at least 33 people have reported seeing the wild boy and his hairy companion. Witnesses have included clergymen, forest rangers and even members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

In many cases, the mismatched duo has been heard exchanging guttural sounds as if talking.

"This youngster has all the earmarks of a feral child. A child that has had no human contact and has been raised by an animal," said the Seattle based Dr. Worrier. "The fact that his gait is similar to the Bigfoot and that they can communicate is evidence that the creature is his surrogate parent."

Researchers believe that the wild boy Sightings may be connected to the 1989 crash of a private plane carrying a party of French tourists visiting the region. The crash left the pilot and four passengers dead including young mother Madeleine Dusoire.

Madeleine's baby Marcel was missing and the remains of the 1-year-old infant were never found.

- ---

Source: Ken Kristian

Logged in the database July 29, 2001 - Bobbie Short