Bigfoot And His Dog.

Old Dog

Hello Sasfooty,

....Yeah. Where ARE the BFs in the top picture???....

.......& that there might actually be something in the picture.

If one wishes, one can actually appreciate your OWN skepticism regarding the photos. It is true if one does want to see Bigfoot(s) then they are there. If one is skeptikal then they are not. I see this mild debate not centered around existence as much as the photos simply not being definitive enough to sway everyone. An issue that is more prevalent than not. And I also have no doubt that you might even agree with this.

Edited by hiflier

All kinds of unusual associations between animals of different species have been observed in the wild.

It is what it is, and should lead to no other conclusions but that and that, well, animals do stuff.

• 1 month later...
BFF Patron

I have noticed a correlation between ravens and BF in my research area. The ravens seem to locate me, circle above, and squawk loudly. When that happens more often than not it seems that I have some sort of contact with BF. I wondered why the ravens would do that, then had a grizzly thought. Do the ravens locate prey for BF so they can eat after a kill? Not a good thing to think about when you are solo in the field.

• Upvote 1

Do the ravens locate prey for BF so they can eat after a kill? Not a good thing to think about when you are solo in the field.

No they don't.  They don't locate prey for any carnivores they associate with, i.e. wolves.  Ravens will follow a pack until food is available and some research indicates they will follow hunters although I've never experienced that.  They do find our gut piles quickly however no doubt due to excellent eyesight.  

t.

Edited by Terry

BFF Patron

If they would follow a pack of wolves or hunters why wouldn't they follow me? They have no idea if I am a hunter or not. It is unlikely there is any coordination with BF. But just as I noticed the raven behavior, BF probably can read them better than I do. Humans are so detached from the woods that what Native Americans used to know in animal behavior has probably been forgotten.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

SWWASP, I, too, have had a bunch of very odd experiences with birds (sometimes crows, and sometimes other kinds of birds) in the place I go to visit BF.

The movements and behaviors of the birds have been very closely tied to certain movements and behaviors of the BF.

Also wanted to say that I don't think they circle you because you're potential prey, but there is some kind of information that's being passed back and forth between the BF and the birds, fer shur. I'm sure there can be a kind of communication involving actual prey, too -- but humans are not prey for BF. (If they were, you'd have ended up in someone's stomach a long, long time ago.)

BF do not live by bread alone. They don't only think of their stomachs. Sometimes, they just want to know things, and birds can be a handy way of getting the information they want (and sometimes, from what I've been told, a way of giving information, too).  

Edited by LeafTalker

• 3 months later...

Benzie County, Michigan

Mother and daughter in vehicle pass by some forest and large rocks observe a large crouched animal like Rock Stands greeting a pack of wolves, the animal stands upright to a height of 10 feet causing fits of screams and terror in the women.

BFF Patron

SWWASP, I, too, have had a bunch of very odd experiences with birds (sometimes crows, and sometimes other kinds of birds) in the place I go to visit BF.

The movements and behaviors of the birds have been very closely tied to certain movements and behaviors of the BF.

Also wanted to say that I don't think they circle you because you're potential prey, but there is some kind of information that's being passed back and forth between the BF and the birds, fer shur. I'm sure there can be a kind of communication involving actual prey, too -- but humans are not prey for BF. (If they were, you'd have ended up in someone's stomach a long, long time ago.)

BF do not live by bread alone. They don't only think of their stomachs. Sometimes, they just want to know things, and birds can be a handy way of getting the information they want (and sometimes, from what I've been told, a way of giving information, too).

I just had this bird thing happen the day before yesterday. Birds found and circled my location right before I heard some thumps and thuds from the ridge overlooking the trail I was on. Have no idea what made the thuds and thumps but it had to have been a large animal. As I mentioned in another thread my hiking partner could not get over a huge log. We were there about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get her on the other side. I watch bird activity too when I am in the woods. Sort of have to do that to have a handle on what is happening around you. Since BF is way more in tune with nature than I am, they probably watch bird behavior too.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

That's so cool, that you heard some thumps and saw the birds circling overhead while you and your friend were standing near the downed tree. I've heard thumps like that, too.

That's so cool, that you heard some thumps and saw the birds circling overhead while you and your friend were standing near the downed tree. I've heard thumps like that, too. As I said earlier in this thread, it's my understanding that birds can transmit information to the BF and vice versa and that it can be a very deliberate tactic on the part of the BF to use birds to reconnoiter in the woods.

I'll tell you my second favorite story about birds and BF. I was driving to the woods to visit the BF I know there and who know me. I had been to that spot many many times in the past. On this occasion, I was on the cell phone talking to a friend as I approached the spot where I usually park my car. I knew I was about to lose cell phone reception, so I pulled over to the side of the road and stopped so that I could continue my conversation with my friend without losing signal. I was on the phone with my friend for about another 5 minutes, when suddenly a large grey bird of a type I couldn't identify buzzed the hood of my car. he was just a couple of inches above the hood and a couple of inches away from the windshield. I was startled at first, but then laughed. It was my sense that the bird had been sent to me as a way to say, Hurry up, we're waiting for you. Don't keep us waiting any longer!

That's just one of a few instances where I believe the BF have used birds to send me a message of some kind. So yes, I believe there's a strong connection between bf and practically everything else that lives in the woods (or plains or mountains or whatever) with them.

• Upvote 1

Good question. I think the simplest answer is, for the joy of it.

I think they're just like us. Sometimes they use animals for food, and sometimes they use them for companionship. But connection of almost any kind is just fun. If you don't need to fear any animal, which they don't seem to, why not just enjoy all those other creatures?

P.S. Sorry if this is another double post. Am using a cell phone with a mind of its own.

Edited by LeafTalker