Bigfoot And Cemeteries

BF's are curious and I think I have read somewhere that they actually watch funeral services and burials in cemeteries.  Would not be all that farfetched. They may therefore sense something sacred or special about cemeteries. Many BFers theorize that BF may bury their dead, possibly getting the idea from human burials they observe.  I have also read somewhere that supposedly BF bury their dead about 12' deep and compact the burial every few feet by stomping on it, then plant a tree over it. 

I wonder if the skunk apes do this as they would be in several feet of water at 12 feet down.

I would think that finding 12 feet of workable dirt consistently would be difficult. 

First, just to clarify, I'm no owl expert.  But I do know they make a wide variety of calls.  There are other animals that can make crazy calls as well.  If it sounded like it 'was right on top of us', I was leaning toward a bird.  But there may be other fur bearing animals that can make really crazy sounds.

A google search will provide you with a whole slew of possibilities, I thought that the barn owl audio may have been it.

Bobcat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4bXHv15H8E

Certainly not a bobcat. I'm an experienced outdoorsman, and it was certainly not any of the usual mammalian suspects. By 'right on top of us' I did not literally mean above, but rather in the colloquial sense of very close or nearby. I am open minded to any physical explanation, and I think that the chances of it being a BF are on the low end, but it's certainly hard to explain away with known local fauna.

However, IF, what we heard that night was indeed a BF, it really puts a different spin on the idea of a "haunted cemetary"... We were certainly not the only ones that heard those screams that spring/summer. They put a new super-wide 4 lane bypass right through the adjoining wooded area that turned about 2500 contiguous acres into smaller parcels, and the reports do not seem to be as common. Of course I haven't asked either. 

The depth and treatment of burials is something I read, so have no idea if any truth to it.  I do believe BF bury their dead, though.  Gunshoeye, I practice personal injury, estate planning, and represent a couple of shortline railroads.

The vast majority of sounds that most people hear in the woods at night are probably not BF.  Have to spend a lot of time in the field to differentiate the difference between BF and other animals, and it helps to have a seasoned researcher with you to guide you.

There are some good photos and videos out there that will never be made public.  The people that have those are not out to make money, or for publicity, and are not trying to prove BF's existence, because they know that BF's exist.  And they only share them with a very few people that have earned their trust over a long time.   I have been lucky enough over the years to befriend a few people who are extremely knowlegable about these creatures, and have shared some of their knowlege with me.

Guest lightheart

Dlaw, I would be interested to know what these friends think they are. That is the question that I keep trying to wrap my head around.

Thanks Dlaw, retired LEO myself, glad to see you aboard and welcome. I echo Light Hearts question, what do your friends think? I became curious when I started more than a few reports linking them and cemeteries.   

these cemeteries ..... are we talking just older, nearly abandoned ones like you find in the woods sometimes and / or  around rural churches , or does this include the larger more public ones as well?   not in big city ones of course, just the bigger more recently used ones if that makes sense. 

if these reports include that info it may narrow  down search areas a little.

Edited by Doc Holliday

A lot of the reports just say cemeteries or graveyards without much elaboration Doc, but looking at the dates of the reports they seem to run the gambit.

I would think location might  be a key factor if they are attracted to cemeteries, especially if terrain features lends to easier access from wooded areas or river routes.

not sure what the attraction to cemeteries  might be, aside from little human traffic unless there's a funeral.

Edited by Doc Holliday

these cemeteries ..... are we talking just older, nearly abandoned ones like you find in the woods sometimes and / or  around rural churches , or does this include the larger more public ones as well?   not in big city ones of course, just the bigger more recently used ones if that makes sense. 

if these reports include that info it may narrow  down search areas a little.

My experience, which may or may not be related to BF, happened at a very rural cemetery that is seldom utilized, mostly full of head stones from pre-1970.

Maybe they have better opportunity to get cover dashing from one headstone to another.

Perhaps gets them out of a treeline a bit more to see what's going on with the other local folks.