Bigfoot And Cemeteries

One thing is that BF's don't have HBO, so watching us provides some sort of entertainment for them.  And I believe they may imitate some of the things we do.  I have a retired friend in AL who had a large oak tree blow down in his yard.  It fell down on some sort of cast iron container that his wife used for a flower planter, and drove it in the ground.  He got a guy with a backhoe to try to move the tree, but  it was too large to move.  Since his wife was attached to the the container, he spent part of two days trying to dig out the flower pot, without success.  He decided he was going to have to get someone to cut the tree up to be able to move it and get to the flower pot.

The next morning when he went out, the tree had been moved uphill off of the flower pot.  After that, he and his wife found tracks in the woods behind their house.  As I recall, things would disappear from their back porch, and sometimes reappear days later, or a different item would appear in its place. 

interesting... have to wonder how many BFs it takes to move a tree that a backhoe could not.

good point about the Hbo too. iirc, there was a past poster here that used the term becoming "bigfoot TV" to attract activity while camping.

Hiking, Cemetery

Nanticoke, Pennsylvania

The main witness along with a friend was visiting a local cemetery when they saw a bizarre creature which they could make out clearly under the light of the nearby street lights. The creature was about 5 feet tall, with no visible neck, a very large jaw, and long hair in thick strands. It had long thin arms but powerful long fingers, it also had bare legs, again thin but powerful looking. It ran to a tall grave stone and leaned on it, staring towards the street light, it apparently didn’t see the dumbfounded witnesses. According to the witness he was very frightened during the encounter and felt that it “could swallow a man wholeâ€. It also appeared to be intelligent. It later spotted the witness and approached in a crouched position to about 8 feet from them.

Source: Direct from witness, requesting anonymity

Hiking, Cemetery

June 1981

Rock Creek, Ohio 12:00A

The witness was taking a short cut to his grandparent’s home , via an old railroad track through the deep woods; there was a very old graveyard nearby as well as numerous gas and oil wells. As he walked down the tracks he started hearing some sort of weird noises resembling grunts and wheezing coming from the woods. He kept walking and heard the same sounds behind him about 20 feet. He stopped, turned around and saw a huge ugly black hairy creature about nine feet tall. The creature had long arms hanging down below the waist, and real long legs. Even though armed with a shotgun, the witness took off running down the path. The creature then followed behind him for about 20 feet at a fast walk. The witness stopped briefly and so did the creature that began making weird wheezing noises again. The witness finally ran off towards a field and the creature did not follow him. He could not recall any facial features just a large black hairy figure.

Source: Dennis Pilichis, High Strangeness Index: 7

• 2 weeks later...

Cemetery

October 25, 2007

Hillsdale County, Michigan

Just earlier today I think I got a daylight spot of one [bigfoot] near that old dilapidated barn in the middle of that thick 5 acre wood next to the cemetery. Blew my mind. Wife was with me and we both went to check and make sure there was nothing there or close to have confused my eyes or caused any matrixing.  It was a clear drive [line of sight] thru high dense weeds and bright green shrubs in the middle of the thicket next to the barn. I got some good pics to show area and I will make a sketch with program to show what I saw. Scared the dickens out of me for a sec and then I was in shock and made Tammy drive by that spot 3 times to make sure. Then we both drove back and parked in the drive and I got out and walked in near the barn and took a bunch of photos and checked for anything to corroborate this sighting.

Source: Reports of Bigfoot/ Sasquatch in Michigan, c8, pp 123, Bob Daigle

Cemetery

July 16, 2005

Delta County, Michigan

I was walking in Holy Cross Cemetery

looking for graves of veterans. I am building a database of veterans buried at Holy Cross and Lakeview Cemeteries in Escanaba. I was in the back of the cemetery when I noticed, what I thought was a deer. But it did not appear to run away like a deer would do. I continued doing what I was doing but continued to feel I was being watched. I would look in that direction every so often and thought something was there but because of how far I was I could not get a good description. This was in the evening between 6 - 8 pm.

Source: BFRO

Kmc06005: Have you ruled out a bobcat or a cougar? And their right on the money, owls can make the darndest sounds. Maybe that's why Bigfoots imitate them. It keeps people guessing. Nice thread Gumshoeye. Our site back home has trails that run behind an old Primitive Baptist church.

Welcome aboard and thanks for the reply Stillwater1967. I was drawn to this topic out of curiosity after reading account after account of Bigfoot and cemeteries mentioned together in the same report time and again.   

I don't think the fact that there are dead people buried in cemeteries has anything to do with BF being there.   If / when it is happening, it is probably because it is relatively open space with big rocks (headstones) and trees for cover which jut into human habitation so they can move close to observe us.  

Nothing "dark" about it, just terrain that presents opportunity for stealthy approach to act on their curiosity.  

MIB

Residence, Cemetery, Missing, LEO, Other Governmental Never found

1985 January 22

Gold Hill, Oregon

Daniel Hilkey, (29)

Daniel Hilkey was at his residence on Holcomb Springs Road in Gold Hill, Region, when he disappeared. This is a road in a wooded area at an elevation of 1,200 -1,400 feet. There is a cemetery on the road and a small lake in the area. This is only two air miles from the location where Celia Barnes disappeared. Law enforcement officials have said they believe foul play was involved in Hilkey’s disappearance.

Missing 411, Western United States and Canada, David Paulides, p. 45

Edited by Gumshoeye

I applaud the addition of information allowing others to find reports which are included in these various threads.  

However, what information leads one to even consider that a Bigfoot is involved or that the cemetary somewhere along the road is even relevant, to either the missing person or the Bigfoot?  

in this case, maybe as a landmark, if nothing else.. much like the small lake that was included  in the same sentence. apparently someone else disappeared in the same area before.

also as a potential site for foul play, as the LEO mentioned suspects.. I imagine it wouldn't be the 1st time cult like activity ( sacrifices etc) happened around a cemetery.

^^

Okay, to be clearer - relevant to the idea that Bigfoot had any role in either disappearance or that Bigfoot might be seen near there, just because there's a cemetary?  

In Google Earth, you can display all the cemetaries in any given area.  Safe to say that there are more than most people realize, although there still aren't as many cemetaries as there are Starbucks.  So the presence of a cemetary nearby may be irrelevant to an encounter with a Bigfoot. 

^^

Okay, to be clearer - relevant to the idea that Bigfoot had any role in either disappearance or that Bigfoot might be seen near there, just because there's a cemetary?

In Google Earth, you can display all the cemetaries in any given area. Safe to say that there are more than most people realize, although there still aren't as many cemetaries as there are Starbucks. So the presence of a cemetary nearby may be irrelevant to an encounter with a Bigfoot.

Maybe its irrelevant maybe its not. Thats what the threads for