The Tree Break..... Explained.

norseman

(If there is one thing I've learned around here is that the only thing two Sasquatch researchers can agree on is the other one don't know squat)

I for one have long speculated that the lack of DNA evidence might be explained by this possibility. It might be the one idea that we as a species might resist the hardest too. It would explain a lot. That Sasquatch behave like apes at time does not exclude the possibility that they aren't...at least to those who spent significant time in an undergraduate fraternity house.

Edited by WSA

not saying they are, but , I've always thought it would be soooo funny if BF turned out to be something not even close to primate, like a giant groundhog hybrid or something even crazier.

(fwiw, I have seen a groundhog up a tree once.)

wonder what todays experts would have to say if that happened....... and if the purple glow would finally be  confirmed ;)

(If there is one thing I've learned around here is that the only thing two Sasquatch researchers can agree on is the other one don't know squat)

Put 100 BF researchers in a room with 100 prostitutes and turn the lights off for 5 minutes.  When the lights are back on, you'd likely find 100 BF researchers trying to screw each other.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stan Norton

A hominin is an ape. Simple.

Don't recall anyone saying they are simple minded. Can we have some evidence for where some group (and by that we know you really mean NAWAC) has said such? Sasquatches are by all accounts quite extraordinary, but must be animal all the same. That might make them subject to stupid mistakes like all creatures.

Edited by Stan Norton

Guest Stan Norton

IMO, Bigfootery appears to be pandemic with individuals bereft of true meaning in their lives for as a Scotsman once said. "every man (woman) dies, it's how you live that matters".

FWIW

That's a rather mean-spirited, judgemental assessment of your fellow human beings there. Who are you to say what has meaning? Very pleasant. The 'other' is a handy tool for dumping our own baggage onto.

That's a rather mean-spirited, judgemental assessment of your fellow human beings there..

All those.  And yet it is a dead accurate assessment of the BF community.   Pretending otherwise is denial.

MIB

I was initially involved in the effort to kill one but evolved out of that phase.

What I'm especially critical of with the pro-kll groups observed thus far, is the commonplace pattern of juvenile behavior, moreso when cloaked with scientific/military jargon.

Norse, you do seem to be the exception in that you appear to be knowledgeable around firearms, and a sound woodsman/horseman.  However, even with those capabilities, you're hunting something, the public knowledge base thereof, is almost nonexistent.

Groups that attempt to classify these things as some type of simple-minded ape and yet have been after them for years w/o success are by definition, setting themselves up as "who's really the simple-minded" ones.  Predictably, they resort to revelations of periodic "events" or "incidents" in the attempt to maintain their relevance, in the public eye. Maybe, that's the spider web DavidNC was referring to with the result that once the criticism/questions become too much to deflect, you simply take your ball and go home?

IMO, Bigfootery appears to be pandemic with individuals bereft of true meaning in their lives for as a Scotsman once said. "every man (woman) dies, it's how you live that matters".

FWIW

And evolved into what exactly?

For the record? We are all "inept" as none of us have laid proof on the table....... But I have not seen the NAWAC ask for 900,000 bucks because they presented us with blinking muppet head photos. And what is this money going to be spent on? A blimp that takes more VIDEO!!! Our definition of the word must be different.

Why the bias for military or scientific jargon??? That's not even relevant, what language someone uses to plan or execute expeditions to go look for the creature.

As far as what it is? From a anthropological standpoint? It's no smarter than a ape because it does not exhibit any traits that are human or even on the path to humanity. The simple hand axe is over a million years old! If Sasquatch is our kissing cousin? What has he been doing for a million years? We can deduce this by simple logic and reasoning from our knowledge of primate history. Of course a discovery like Sasquatch could change our whole understanding of that history. But we are never going to know so long as people keep supporting the anti kill "look at my cool photo" mindset!

And being kept abreast of events of a organization is a privilege and not a right. Maybe our societies sense of entitlement is rearing it's ugly head? The NAWAC did not take their ball and go home! They are still in the stadium and playing football........it was US that were shown the door! Who are you kidding?

• Upvote 2

And evolved into what exactly?

Something that we can't even prove exists. Pretty good for something that's no smarter than an ape, isn't it?

The simple hand axe is over a million years old! If Sasquatch is our kissing cousin? What has he been doing for a million years?

He could have been using some of those million year old hand axes......

Or he may be smart enough to know that he can break pretty much whatever he needs broken & doesn't need an ax. Or maybe he picks it up from somebody's tool shed if he really needs one. I know they'll "borrow" a bucket if they want it. Why make something when you can get whatever you need already made & free for the taking?

• Upvote 1

Something that we can't even prove exists. Pretty good for something that's no smarter than an ape, isn't it?

He could have been using some of those million year old hand axes......

Or he may be smart enough to know that he can break pretty much whatever he needs broken & doesn't need an ax. Or maybe he picks it up from somebody's tool shed if he really needs one. I know they'll "borrow" a bucket if they want it. Why make something when you can get whatever you need already made & free for the taking?

"He" as in Yuchi.....re read his post. He evolved from being pro kill.

As far as Bigfoot borrowing tools Sasfooty? What about the ones that don't live in your back yard? What do they use? Being smart is being self reliant........especially when your trying to avoid being "discovered". Tool sheds are not good places to hang out for trying to a mystery.

I don't have the only back yard that they have access to. There is a good chance that someone else in the USA may have a back yard containing  buckets and/or axes. Some people are even known to leave tools lying around outside, so they don't have to "hang out in the tool shed" to get one". I've found a pick axe, one of those sling blade things, & a machete over the years, while riding horses in the woods. Why couldn't a BF have found them? THEY could have even LEFT them there!

SELF RELIANT????? Are you saying that they aren't self reliant????? GIVE me a break!!!!

• Upvote 2

When it comes to tool manufacture/use? Absolutely!!!!!

If you desire tools and you must skulk around hiding and waiting for a farmer to neglect his tools? Or go to his barn yard to steal them and risk bring shot?

Vs.

Learning how to flake stone in the forest per your needs?

I'd say your hypothesis makes them incredibly DEPENDANT on human derived technology.........

Of course I don't believe they use or desire tools at all. Because they are Animals....... Albeit shy, rare and nocturnal animals.

And no, I don't believe they live in your backyard and steal your buckets either.

How do you know that they didn't make some of those chipped stone tools? Seriously!

They aren't risking being shot in every back yard & barn they go in. Many, many, many people know about them, know they come to their homes & have no desire to kill them. I don't believe they need or desire tools either, but if they do they are easy for them to obtain.

I have never said they live in my back yard, & repeatedly said they don't, so it's nice that you finally get that.

• Upvote 1

How do you know that they didn't make some of those chipped stone tools? Seriously!

They aren't risking being shot in every back yard & barn they go in. Many, many, many people know about them, know they come to their homes & have no desire to kill them. I don't believe they need or desire tools either, but if they do they are easy for them to obtain.

I have never said they live in my back yard, & repeatedly said they don't, so it's nice that you finally get that.

How do I know? Because they are never seen packing stone tools around? Because when I'm out in the wilderness? I don't see evidence of flaking with stone chips on the ground...... When I'm out there I don't hear the industrious clack, clack, clack of a clan of squatch building hand axes?

Many many people? I bet not so many.......

In Post 71 you implied they had "access" to your backyard regarding tools.......so I beg to differ. Ok I'll change my statement to foraging in your backyard. Better?

Producing said stone tools is far beyond possible, I bet. Just too much trouble.

Not to mention that Meldrum has suggested while studying hand prints and casts has postulated that they lack an opposable thumb. Their thumb appears not to be squared towards the palm like ours is, making fine motor skills virtually impossible