The Tree Break..... Explained.

norseman

NEVER? So I guess you've interviewed everybody that's ever seen one to substantiate your claim that they never pack stone tools? For the record, I don't think they do either, but it's being pretty presumptuous to claim that since you or nobody you know of haven't seen or heard it, it hasn't happened. I doubt that you'd believe it if someone did tell you. I'm telling you this time, & not implying anything, that they have access to not only my backyard, but anywhere they want to go on this property, from dark until daylight, 365 days a year, with the exception of the inside of the house. That's not "implying" that they "live" here, but stating that they can & do come & go as they please.

I'm certainly not the only person who has ever mentioned that one & yet you claim to not believe it. There are tools of all kinds in the open fronted barn, in the back of two trucks, on the front porch, in the open tractor shed, in the woodshed, propped against trees, & probably a few other places that I'm forgetting. They could pick up anything they wanted, any time they wanted to, & possibly bring it back before it was missed. Things do go missing from time to time & turn up in unexpected places, but I'm not suggesting that they "borrow" them. Maybe they do & maybe they don't. I don't know & neither do you. This place is not that much different than hundreds of thousands of others all over the country. In spite of your theory that they don't desire or need tools, when it comes down to it, you really don't know & your guess doesn't appear to be based on anything more than your inexperienced opinion, as to whether they do or not. You've never been here or seen this place, but you feel qualified to suggest that BFs don't have access to it?

The reality is that you don't have a clue where they go, what they do, or who knows they are in their back yard. And you don't know if they do or don't pick up tools where they find them & whether or not they know how to use them.

And no. They don't forage my backyard. They forage my garden & fruit trees.

• Upvote 1

Sasfooty? For the record? Your a walking contradiction.

Not your yard but your Garden!? Thanks for the clarification. Since you think they like tools? Do they hoe the weeds for you?;)

Where did I contradict myself? I said that they have access to my backyard, not that they forage it or steal tools from it. The garden is not in the back yard, if that's what you mean. I said they could get tools if they wanted them, not that they DO want them.

Uneducated assumptions are why there are so many misunderstandings about BFs. People get ideas in their minds with nothing more to base them on than speculation & the next thing you know, they're preaching it for the truth. I say they have access to my backyard, & could get a tool

from somebody's tool shed & you apparently get a mental picture of them roaring & lurching around in broad daylight, jerking the door off a tool shed, banging tools together & not noticing a home owner sneaking up on them with a shotgun. IF they wanted a tool, or "whatever", they wouldn't just come stumbling in reaching for it without regard to homeowners, dogs, or shotguns!!! You're thinking "bear" & I'm thinking "Ninja". This is only if they wanted to steal something.

They have people that they have watched constantly for years, & know the people as well as they know themselves. They watch how the people treat each other, animals & their neighbors. They watch how they care for the land & their livestock (if they have any), & know their behavior down to the tiniest detail. They make friends with the dogs. A dog may go missing or turn up dead if he can't be befriended. There is no aspect of these people's lives that they aren't completely familiar with. They know their habits & it even seems that they know their very thoughts.

So, if BF wanted a tool & one of their "habituated humans" had the tool, they'd wait until everybody was asleep, or no one was home, (Yes.They would know without a doubt). Then one would come out of hiding, pat the dog on the head, check with all the others that are around & watching, by whistling, gently knocking on something, or some other prearranged signal, then take what they wanted. In most cases the people know they are constantly there, & would give them anything they wanted if they knew. Many do know.

In some cases, they are so accustomed to the routines of their people that they don't even bother to be too careful after dark. They come by, toss a rock on the roof, peck on the wall, peep in a window until you see eyes watching you, rattle something on the porch, or send a smell into the house. Later on, they get the humans so finely tuned in to them that they know when the BFs are there without being notified.

This is the kind of BF that I know about. Maybe there are others that are different, & aren't as clever & stealthy. They must be the ones that are getting themselves shot.

• Upvote 2

<So, if BF wanted a tool & one of their "habituated humans" had the tool, they'd wait until everybody was asleep, or no one was home, (Yes.They would know without a doubt). Then one would come out of hiding, pat the dog on the head, check with all the others that are around & watching, by whistling, gently knocking on something, or some other prearranged signal, then take what they wanted.>

Now I know who jacked my weed eater. A durned ol' bigfoot run oft with it.

• Upvote 1

It appears that the tree break has been explained. Thanks to all that have participated. This thread is now closed.