2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

As I said previously, I don't see the need to go all exotic when biology and evolution are more than adequate, if you want to consider an ape/human hybrid.  If (maybe even "when") we figure out how to extract australopithecine fossil DNA, I'll bet it would give us lots to ponder on where the human/ape line is drawn. While it is fun to toss around Alien-bred Worker Drone theories like this, I consider the more probable variables to be just as intriguing.    

One of the more interesting things that happens in a scientific vacuum (OK, I said "interesting," really it's something else with which I don't have too too much patience, but hey) is the alacrity with which people dredge up far-out explanations that actually relieve them from having to do the grunt work...which some of us eat up like candy and don't consider grunt work at all, because really it isn't.

I don't really get too excited by Ancient Astronauts (although that may be what tardigrades - "water bears" - are); the occult; Manipulation From Other Worlds; They Did The Nasty With Us; and such.  I consider it more than way cool enough that the world's largest primate lives in North America, which otherwise has only yielded fossil remains of prosimians ...so far; that a genus currently known only from Africa may be the line people are seeing here; that we may not even have the fossils of the sasquatch line yet; and that the animal may not even be all that rare.  Isn't this cool enough?

For those who like to stick to parsimony but know what real wonder is:  how could it not be?

That's true, but the DNA evidence for Sasquatch is suggesting they're humans like we are. That leads me to believe that we're dealing with something that's very unusual. Some of their behaviour and physical traits aren't normal and are somewhat contradictory.

When I see human DNA, I just say "contamination" and on to the next thing.  That's the parsimonious conclusion when the evidence doesn't seem to describe "us" at all.

Edited by DWA

I lean way more towards the hominid explanation than DWA does, O.S., and of course he's just guessing too! We all are. DNA to the side,  I see the pongid attributes, and I see some hominid traits, and I see something not quite both.  it would help all of us if we actually knew better where the line might be, even between modern humans and our nearest ape ancestors. When you start reeling in the millennia, it is bound to just get weirder the further back you go.

So, for the time being, I'm able to comfortably accommodate a theory that includes an ape/human hybrid and not assume "contamination. Or a pure ape.  Alien construct theory, not so much.  If I'm alive when the conclusion is made, I'll be sure to give you credit if this turns out to be the case.    

The only thing I know is I don't know.

I entertain, at some level, pretty much every notion put forth.  I don't prefer one over any other to any great degree, I'm waiting to see where the next data point takes me.

I discovered that out there alone in pitch black in a bivy sack with something 9 feet or so tall standing about 4 feet away and messin' with the outside of the bivy, it's biological roots were a lot less of a concern than what it was going to do next and how I might influence that in survivable directions.   Your priorities might vary, of course.

MIB

• Upvote 1

I'd be real concerned it might be thinking, "Yum. Burrito."  

Not at all funny at the time, no doubt.  Don't think I've heard that account MIB. Care to share more?

Basically I was helping a friend by going to a location where he'd had an apparently terrifying night years before.   I never thought we'd actually have anything happen, i was pretty ... almost scoffing? ... about the possibility of anything happening, you just don't look for bigfoot and find them ... uh, well, I guess I learned otherwise.   SOMETIMES you do.  

We were there 2 nights.   The first night I got a rude intro to infrasound.  I awoke some time before 11:00 pm to what I thought was a life ending medical emergency.   I was quite relieved to hear the wood knocks a few minutes later because that changed the context.  The second night some huge clearly bipedal "guy" cruised up to my bivy in dark so black I couldn't seem my hand unless I held it up to block stars.  He could see well enough not to step on me.   He did at least 3 different things apparently testing my responses.  I kept thinking he'd leave 'cause a thing would happen for a few minutes, then it'd get quite for 5 minutes or so, then something else would start up. 

I camped in that same location solo the next year but nothing happened, at least not at night.  I'd hiked too hard and couldn't sleep so I was awake all night.  My visitors were one raccoon and a mouse.  However, just before 8:00 the next morning when I was breaking camp I heard some quiet whoops from beyond camp .. recorded part of them.   I can't say for sure they were bigfoot, didn't see the maker.   There's a real odd reverb to them.

I'm planning to go back. 

'bout all I can say.  

I'm not sure how to say it without it sounding kooky, but I now believe that Sasquatch are regular human beings that have gone through genetic modifications. Every behaviour and physical characteristic that's different between us and them must have been added. To me it's the only explanation because the DNA is indicating that they're human like us, except Sasquatch have many features that aren't normal not only for humans, but also for apes in general. Evolution doesn't seem to explain the discrepancy between the DNA results and the description of the animal. There's going to be a lot of questions raised once a body is found.

Genetically modified? By whom??!

Basically I was helping a friend by going to a location where he'd had an apparently terrifying night years before.   I never thought we'd actually have anything happen, i was pretty ... almost scoffing? ... about the possibility of anything happening, you just don't look for bigfoot and find them ... uh, well, I guess I learned otherwise.   SOMETIMES you do.  

We were there 2 nights.   The first night I got a rude intro to infrasound.  I awoke some time before 11:00 pm to what I thought was a life ending medical emergency.   I was quite relieved to hear the wood knocks a few minutes later because that changed the context.  The second night some huge clearly bipedal "guy" cruised up to my bivy in dark so black I couldn't seem my hand unless I held it up to block stars.  He could see well enough not to step on me.   He did at least 3 different things apparently testing my responses.  I kept thinking he'd leave 'cause a thing would happen for a few minutes, then it'd get quite for 5 minutes or so, then something else would start up. 

I camped in that same location solo the next year but nothing happened, at least not at night.  I'd hiked too hard and couldn't sleep so I was awake all night.  My visitors were one raccoon and a mouse.  However, just before 8:00 the next morning when I was breaking camp I heard some quiet whoops from beyond camp .. recorded part of them.   I can't say for sure they were bigfoot, didn't see the maker.   There's a real odd reverb to them.

I'm planning to go back. 

'bout all I can say.

Wait.

You know a Sasquatch walked up to you three times in darkness so dark you could not see your hand in front of your face???

I think the most interesting question in all this is how Homo Sapiens are the surviving human specie, or at least the one most prolific on the planet because I agree that

others may have continued to this day. Being a History major in college it is striking that language and culture just exploded less than 10,000 years ago. I used to be a 

a young earth creationist, absolutely refusing any notion of evolution or a older earth. My views have changed over the years, or should I say my understanding of those

views. While I can now except evolution into a creation process, it cannot explain the sudden meteoric rise of our specie, and science has portrayed that in many ways 

but all fall short of the reality. You have pyramid building and many highly developed cultures quite early in the history of civilization, all pointing to a quantum leap of sorts

for man.  This is what has given rise to the alien intervention theory, where extra terrestrials planted language and other abilities into primitive human DNA. I think it odd

that such a theory has found such traction, but when you rule out a force outside of this Universe you have to come up with something inside of it. This idea that man took

such a quantum leap about 10,000 years ago does not explain how a creature like Sasquatch managed to survive our proliferation of the planet, but to me that is the great

mystery here, how we suddenly developed culture and civilization, and they still managed in their way of existence, and suffice it to say I do not think aliens have any role in the matter, but it makes for an interesting sub-plot when you throw them in as well.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

You know a Sasquatch walked up to you three times in darkness so dark you could not see your hand in front of your face???

Better read it again.  You seem to have a comprehension problem.  

Anyways, I figured this would go wrong, that I'd regret speaking, and I do, so ... I've shared all I'm going to share on the open forum.  WSA asked a polite question.  If WSA has further questions I'll answer by PM.   Everyone else can thank your rudeness for the silence.  Enjoy.

MIB

Edited by MIB

I really really HATE HATE HATE Armchair Bigfoot Extreme Debunk Sleuthing.  I read it, I understand it, thanks for sharing, and I wish all of you understanding that you were privileged to have the experience, not cursed, and that others' lack of understanding/buttsoreness is on them, not you.  If you are already there, fantastic.

Edited by DWA

Better read it again.  You seem to have a comprehension problem.  

Anyways, I figured this would go wrong, that I'd regret speaking, and I do, so ... I've shared all I'm going to share on the open forum.  WSA asked a polite question.  If WSA has further questions I'll answer by PM.   Everyone else can thank your rudeness for the silence.  Enjoy.

MIB

I read it several times. Not trying to be rude but if you could not see your hand in front of your face? How did you come to the conclusion it was a Sasquatch? Because it sounded bipedal?

I really really HATE HATE HATE Armchair Bigfoot Extreme Debunk Sleuthing.  I read it, I understand it, thanks for sharing, and I wish all of you understanding that you were privileged to have the experience, not cursed, and that others' lack of understanding/buttsoreness is on them, not you.  If you are already there, fantastic.

It was a simple statement that made no sense to me. Under the understanding of the extreme "I had a bigfoot experience and you cannot tell me otherwise" mindset? I've had thousands of Bigfoot encounters..........

If Im sleeping in my lean to in pitch black? And I hear something walk up to me three times? I'm not going to claim it was a Bigfoot unless I saw it with my own two eyes. I insist on putting picatinney rails on all my firearms as well as practice cross wrist weapon/light draws for this very reason.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, he had a experience that he cannot explain, I have those too. But for clarity he cannot say for sure what was prowling around his campsite that night because he didnt investigate it further. He stayed in his fart sack and just let his imagination run away with itself.

I did that too as a kid up in the mountains by myself. A mouse sounds like a grizzly bear in situations like that. And your mind can torture you with visions of grizzly bears and other "monsters".

If his story ended with him flicking on his flashlight? And a large hairy creature ran away on two legs? I could sink my teeth into that.

Tracks, Hair, Sightings, Vocals. Tangible realities. Hearing something go bump in the night? Not so much.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing that MIB.  I'm a junkie for first-hand accounts like those. I'd probably be sending my sleeping bag to the drycleaners if that were me!  I would also just state the obvious thing here too: If a mammal of that size sidled up to you, vision would not be the only sense you'd be detecting it with, and your 6th sense is not to be discounted either. 

I know you weren't Norseman.  You've always struck me as a bright fellow who will not pick a fight for the sake of it.  Sill, I think your comment might have had a little bit of gotcha in it, which might have been avoided if you'd thought a little more about it.  I'm not considering MIB's account to be an exhaustive description of what he experienced....he probably doesn't have the time and inclination to type that out, and I understand completely.  At some point, if people share enough, you'll have enough information to draw your own conclusions. My personal approach is to keep those conclusions mostly to myself. I want people sharing this stuff with me, and if they are always going to be cross-examined about it, I wouldn't expect that is going to get us more information, only less.

Edited by WSA

Im currently towing a vehicle back from the oilfield and on my iphone last night. If my post seemed mean spirited I apologize to MIB.

What I do not apologize for though is the need for clarity in the Bigfoot world. And there is no shame in checking the "I dont know" column.

It was a simple statement that made no sense to me. Under the understanding of the extreme "I had a bigfoot experience and you cannot tell me otherwise" mindset? I've had thousands of Bigfoot encounters..........

If Im sleeping in my lean to in pitch black? And I hear something walk up to me three times? I'm not going to claim it was a Bigfoot unless I saw it with my own two eyes. I insist on putting picatinney rails on all my firearms as well as practice cross wrist weapon/light draws for this very reason.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here,....

Tracks, Hair, Sightings, Vocals. Tangible realities. Hearing something go bump in the night? Not so much.

If I've said it once I have said it a thousand times:  the experience tap might get us the proof.  No one knows which direction that is coming from.  I have no intention of doing things that shut that tap off.  If you were there, your experience is your experience, and I just keep sifting evidence.  The pile is what counts, not any one individual account.

We are not gonna get where we are going shooting down each new story.  We will only get there cooperating, and *following* where the evidence leads.