2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

BFF Patron

Neat concept and bigfooters could have neck supports built into the helmet to prevent BF from ripping your head off when they discover you can see them in the dark. Not serious folks!

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Once again I see technology closing in on these creatures, it seems that it is only a matter of time

till we can locate them more readily and observe them with technology, the behavioral puzzle will begin

to unravel as these things fall into place. I for one am fascinated to live in such an age, but at the

same time I miss the simplicity of my childhood in the 1960s and 1970s, and envy those who grew up before

that! While we are making people live longer lives, there is far less quality of life in my opinion than

we enjoyed before the bombarding of technology. If your old enough to remember, life was lived far more

in the present surroundings, and often as a child that was outdoors. Now we sit at our laptops and have

loss sensitivity to nature. Having camped alone in the remote wilderness for periods of time I was surprised

how aware of my surrounding I would become over time, there certainly is a rhythm to nature and one must

be still enough to perceive that, but that takes time and solitude in nature and we have all been pulled

away from that centrality, though some endeavor to return to it, and that is illustrated by the glut of

reality TV pointing to those living off the grid for some reason of another, or challenging themselves to

have to rely on self preservation ability, which all points to the lost part of our being, somehow Sasquatch

has come to represent a great part of that quest, and that is why it must be discovered. What is exactly

the nature of human existence, and what role does nature play in that.... It will decide our destiny...

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

BFF Patron

Cliff Olson who is in his 80s was asked yesterday about his thoughts on BF research back in the 1960s compared to now. He says it is harder now, because the thinks that BF knows we are looking for it now and is more reclusive. I think any animal, including something as dumb as a deer, knows when it is being hunted. So in the case of BF, whose prime objective for survival has been to avoid human contact, hunting for any purpose, even with a camera, has to be very concerning for it. Because avoidance of human contact has been it's key to survival as a species.

Is it just me, or did anyone else laugh out loud at Les' "grouse cam?" I mean, you've got a micro camera, that would be extremely hard to detect, so what do you do with it? You stuff it inside a honking big piece of taxidermy and prop it up in the woods??!!!  You got to just marvel at the thought process there. I thought Stroud would show more sense than that.

Totally. Pretty neat little camera gadget, but putting it in artificial objects makes no sense, and may not even be his idea. Plus, it's got auto IR, so I wonder how effective it will be. Interesting, though.

Yes indeed, we are rapidly closing in on an, "If it isn't on the internet, it didn't happen" kind of world.  Until further notice though, I'd propose that LOTS happens in this world that never gets that validation. I hear the inability to grasp this every time someone says something like, "There are no bones, and no body." To which I always reply, "So, what you're saying is IF those existed you necessarily would just have to have been told about it, right?"  Many of those people making those statements lack experience living with or around rural people.  If you think that if you live in N. Podunk County that you even will know most of what happens in the next county over from you, you seriously got another thing coming. If you can't name at least two motivations for someone to exercise the "three S's" under the appropriate circumstances, you also might not be from around these parts...

Back to my sentence.  We have the technology...and here are a bunch of "skeptics" who just aren't thinking straight who are basically keeping the people who could use it to confirm this and other "hypothetical" animals off the playing field entirely for fear of their reputations and their jobs.

If it's not supposed to exist...it doesn't, and it doesn't matter how many see it or what their credentials are, and end of sentence.

Agreed it's the skeptics fault bigfoot hasn't been proven to exist what lows will they slink to next

Obstructing a scientific investigation with no evidence that you are right and none projected, like, ever, is, what, something to be proud of?  Do tell.

I wonder if these science busting skeptics ruining bigfoot research are the very same responsible from blocking the truth about the governments work with extraterrestrial It might also be possible that these very same skeptics are the nogoodniiks clouding the reality of ghosts and other spectral phenomenon from the unknowing public.

• Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

There's a few Bigfoot-devoted "skeptics" who don't want to see any effort put into researching Bigfoot and the sad thing is that most scientists feel the same way, but for different reasons ;)

Everything Bigfooters come up with can be easily dismissed

PGF? Guy in a suit.

Thousands of sightings? Hoaxes and misidentifications.

The discovery of this animal will hopefully show how important it is to keep an open mind. 

The easy dismissal is, of course, the clearest possible sign that the dismisser is unacquainted with the evidence.

I still know of no one, either career scientist or of scientific bent, who has engaged the evidence and dismisses it.  No one.

I have no interest in proving the matter to skeptics, that will happen on it's own in time. I am interested how to better understand the methods

of survival they employ, and especially how they avoid detection so well. I know the school of meta-physical researchers make claims of another

sort, but I am not going there...I have heard at least three or four accounts of them having dens underground, and in the case of the Minerva 

Monster, possibly in a cave only accessible under water. These and other ideas interest me as to day time hiding places. Theories abound as to

what allows these creatures to remain hidden, but to me that is the piece of the puzzle that will allow us to locate and study them. In other words

I think they have a behavior we have not seriously considered that allows them this secrecy.

There are several reports of them diving into a pond, lake, etc., but then not surfacing in any reasonable amount of time. IMO they do have escape routes under water probably dug into the banks but under the water.  Also, reports of small dugouts in the banks of rivers have been noticed and if I were a hairy person I would definitely use such a place to escape.  How many of us dare to go into a place like that, some, but not many, I suspect. 

Beavers do it all the time, they build their dams, stay dry and do quite well.  It's not rocket science that hairy guys have figured this out either. 

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

Is it just me, or did anyone else laugh out loud at Les' "grouse cam?" I mean, you've got a micro camera, that would be extremely hard to detect, so what do you do with it? You stuff it inside a honking big piece of taxidermy and prop it up in the woods??!!!  You got to just marvel at the thought process there. I thought Stroud would show more sense than that.

You have a good point.   Anything not natural would likely seem out of place to a BF in the woods.     But then again the BF people Les seems to have most contact with are the ones who seem to want to announce their presence in the field.     Les seems all over the place on techniques and I think what we see is a sum total of exposure to a diverse group of bigfoot researchers all of whom claim their way is "the way"   .   Most of whom are very comfortable with their self appointed "Expert" status.   In time Les will figure out his own techniques if he sticks with BF research.   At least he is questioning what he is told at this point.