2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

If you listen to Crypto Logic radio you heard a very interesting individual discussing the subject of Sasquatch, he is a renown taxidermist and is featured in the film "Big Fur", to be released in the near future. He shares a whole lot of interesting accounts from hunters, and even some information on removal of the dead and burial. It was his contacts that discovered the Nordegg area featured in Survivorman Bigfoot. In fact it was a colleague of the gentlemen that betrayed a trust and brought Todd Standing to that area, and thus Les and Meldrum. The area was known by hunters to be inhabited by these creatures, and some of the trappers have seen several of them over many years and could identify individuals. If we trust this individuals knowledge it certainly sheds light on some stuff.....http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cryptologic/2015/05/14/episode-49-ken-walker-and-dan-wayne-big-fur-documentary

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Well I am not quite sure whether the Falcon Project is a bust, or still has some legs, although very wobbly ones at that. When I interviewed William Barnes I came away with a sense of at least the ground team having the funding needed, maybe that was a ploy to try to force the funding issue, which apparently went dry.  I find the whole thing very sad in terms of the individuals who placed their faith in William, and the hope that such a scale of research would be taking place. Is there no Tom Slick in our generation?  If we cannot undertake this type of research in this manner then perhaps it will always be in the hands of the weekend warrior, or the vacationing warrior, all of which limits the potential.  I know that the equipment, knowledge, and time, can be secured by some, but to organize such a project when it is in the hands of those individuals will never happen, and that is the problem, no institution will truthfully back such research, even in the background like ISU was supposedly doing. Maybe the whole funding thing was pulled from William by the University, time will tell, as I know that Todd Standing and others were trying to steal the project at one point, where has Meldrum been on this situation, seems he backed away a while ago. 2015 is becoming the year of the "bust".  So who else will step up to the plate, With the DNA information that Sykes is chasing down it may still produce something of useful science.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

BFF Patron

Without the airship the ground team for the Falcon project had no more advantage than any ground team anywhere.    Paying them just keeps them out in the field longer.    They don't have to break it off to get back to work.   Without the advantage of the airship locating BF, it is a ground search which is like chasing a Formula One racer with a Prius.    The target of your search, know the area extremely well, and can move twice as fast as the searcher.   Not a likely scenario for making contact.     I think BF knows full well when it is being hunted, just because of human behavior, and having watched human hunters of game animals.  

The airship is different and as such an unknown both in the likelihood of success and a unknown to BF.    It is unlikely BF spend a lot of time looking up and if something is silent could be surprised in the open in remote areas.     I have done some investigational work and someone familiar with radio control hobby equipment could probably have a capable blimp for less than $10,000.    Only two people are needed for the operation.   One to fly and a camera operator.    Perhaps an additional spotter would be required to keep the FAA happy.      The problem with a blimp of any size is ground transport and storage as has been their issue since first used for man carrying blimps.       You have to get it to the research area and get it back to hangar it when not in use for servicing and recharging.   That would require a large covered truck like a Uhaul moving truck.   That would be an even larger expense.    It cannot be used, moved, or stored in much of any wind, and needs to be hangared when not in use.      Just the helium servicing would be expensive and required on a regular basis.    

It would probably be just as effective and a lot easier to have a large electric motor glider camera platform.    Smaller,  quiet,  no helium and storage issues,  easier to transport,  more tolerant to wind, and capable of being launched and recovered on a stretch of logging road.      Quadcopters or other such drones have poor duration and are intrinsically noisy.     Pilot, camera operator, and spotter most likely needed for the RPV approach.  

Guest Crowlogic

I suspect the idea of an airship built for the purpose could have been more of a gimmick to get $$$$ and attention than for actually creating a new  bigfoot research tool.  The truth is that airships exist to do the job already and they are not mind bogging expensive to procure.  A traditional hot air/helium balloon could have been modified for the task.  But a hot air balloon does not carry with it the cache of "we're so serious about this we're even inventing the tools to do it" element.  It smacks of yet another let's wow em in the cheap seats ploy.  They need to be quietly aloft for long periods well the technology for it has existed for over 100 years.

hab_zpsqbeapg1f.jpg

NAWAC doesn't need aerial spotters.  Just sayin'.

Looking for something like this with a blimp is kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack with one of those penny-arcade claws.  It's one more thing to try.  But in primatology, sit and wait has been the ticket.  Goodall proved it.  Galdikas proved it.  Fossey proved it.  And now NAWAC is proving it.

Please refrain from the usual comments about "they haven't killed one on my personal schedule" OK?  I like to think you're learning as you go along.

Hmmm. So I think we've confirmed Crow's lack of aeronautical expertise and knowledge here as well? (This propulsion thing....yeah, it's useful, right Orville?)

Guest OntarioSquatch

There's really only one thing left to do in this field of research and that's to find a body. Right now there's only two groups that are trying to solve this and only one of them is showing promise. An airship won't help these people because the issue isn't finding these animals, but getting one to stay in your line of sight long enough to collect a specimen. Most of the places where these things live have dense forest cover, so a blimp wouldn't work anyway. 

NAWAC doesn't need aerial spotters.  Just sayin'.

Looking for something like this with a blimp is kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack with one of those penny-arcade claws.  It's one more thing to try.  But in primatology, sit and wait has been the ticket.  Goodall proved it.  Galdikas proved it.  Fossey proved it.  And now NAWAC is proving it.

Please refrain from the usual comments about "they haven't killed one on my personal schedule" OK?  I like to think you're learning as you go along.

Nawac got nothing but a pile of rocks. Its practically been proven that those boys are just playing a larp. Wash your hands of that nonsense and move along everyone stop being played.

Guest OntarioSquatch

There's evidence to support them being legit and most of it has to do with the history of the area that they're in, not the stuff that they themselves have presented. The consistency that they have and the emotional reactions of the people within the group also suggest that they're experiencing real events. 

There's evidence to support them being legit and most of it has to do with the history of the area that they're in, not the stuff that they themselves have presented. The consistency that they have and the emotional reactions of the people within the group also suggest that they're experiencing real events.

Theres enough evidence to point to the entire operation being baloney.

Several years no pictures="hey guys we dont care about pictures we will just kill one"

Cameras on=no bigfoot. Cameras off=bigfoot! Why? bigfoot has maybe infrared vision and alpha coyotes.

No body, no dna, no pictures, but shaggy dog stories and lots of rocks.

They've been there how many years and have came up with nothing yet keep having encounters. Come on you gotta be kidding me.

Some or all are straight up liars, some maybe playing but deep down know its phony, and maybe some are actually naive enough to believe there is a pack of bigfoot at there rented hunting cabin that leaves behind no tested evidence and cant be caught on picture.

The nawac is one if the worst things out there in the bigfoot field. If you cant see that i know a guy you might want to meet. He's got some beans he says are incredible real magic even. Interested?

Nawac got nothing but a pile of rocks. Its practically been proven that those boys are just playing a larp. Wash your hands of that nonsense and move along everyone stop being played.

I got a pile of rocks for you

post-24790-0-08979400-1432964386.jpg

Nawac got nothing but a pile of rocks. Its practically been proven that those boys are just playing a larp.

Not just boys in that group. One of the ladies is even an admin here.

Obviously, they are all getting rich, and camping in the boonies every year when the temps and bugs are at their zenith is no doubt a sure-fire strategy to achieve fame and respect. If you don't understand the conditions there, and the lack of motivation for them to be merely goofing off, you are not going to understand anything at all about it. The worst that can be said, I think, is that they are amateurish and lack competency to figure out some things. This they have readily admitted. This is leagues away from any proof they are merely woofing everyone.

Edited by WSA

Guest Crowlogic

Hmmm. So I think we've confirmed Crow's lack of aeronautical expertise and knowledge here as well? (This propulsion thing....yeah, it's useful, right Orville?)

Did you not understand that whatever lighter than air  craft is used it would require a means of propulsion?  Conventional hot air balloonists are intentionally at the mercy of wind currents and for them that's fine.  I'm rather surprised that you were unable to connect the dots that propulsion is a foregone conclusion.  

I know the area but not that well and it's been a long time, 1971 when I calculate it.  However, the last time I was there in 2005 we camped in Honobia.  I was impressed at how dense everything became compared to the 1970's. The eastern part of Oklahoma is nothing like you would think unless you've been there and experienced the terrain and the mountains.  The history of "wildmen" and other suspected creatures has been known to the Indians since the 1800's. 

IMO it is VERY possible and probable that hairy people are living there and quite comfortably (for the most part).