2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

Well, no, Crow. That is not what you stated, but whatever. The Falcon project seemed like a pipedream from the get-go, and I expect it is not worth our attention now especially.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Theres enough evidence to point to the entire operation being baloney.

Several years no pictures="hey guys we dont care about pictures we will just kill one"

Cameras on=no bigfoot. Cameras off=bigfoot! Why? bigfoot has maybe infrared vision and alpha coyotes.

No body, no dna, no pictures, but shaggy dog stories and lots of rocks.

They've been there how many years and have came up with nothing yet keep having encounters. Come on you gotta be kidding me.

Some or all are straight up liars, some maybe playing but deep down know its phony, and maybe some are actually naive enough to believe there is a pack of bigfoot at there rented hunting cabin that leaves behind no tested evidence and cant be caught on picture.

The nawac is one if the worst things out there in the bigfoot field. If you cant see that i know a guy you might want to meet. He's got some beans he says are incredible real magic even. Interested?

No one said it would be easy. If it was that easy, Bigfoot would have been proven a long time ago. Conventional logic just doesn't work with these animals and it's important to keep an open mind when dealing with the unknown. I know it's strange that they can avoid game cams with a near 100% success rate, but it's just one of many strange things about these animals. They leave DNA evidence behind, but if you've been following the results of Sasquatch DNA samples, you probably know how that usually turns out. 

This is why I think these people are telling the truth

9JFD9WO.jpg

Based on that, it's obvious that people are seeing these animals there and nearly all of the sightings happen during the certain months of the year. It's in a specific area of the forest and it's where the NAWAC has been doing their research for the past decade. If there wasn't anything there and it was all hoaxes, the sightings would be spread out evenly both throughout the forest and throughout the time of year, but that's not the case.

Some of the NAWAC's claims are unique and match other reports from that area that aren't known to most researchers. I would find it an incredibly odd coincidence that witnesses who don't even know about each other's reports are describing the same thing. So yeah, there's definitely something going on there and the usual "they have no photos, so it must be a hoax!" thing is no longer convincing. 

I guess with all this crash and burn science the notion of getting one on a slab with gain traction, but as I and many here have

contended, that need not be the case.  Sykes DNA discoveries are at the very least significant, and could still point us in the

right direction. Whether or not we will hear back on the retesting of the Fahrenbach sample from Walla Walla remains to be seen,

but he said he had another slide with a hair that could be extracted. The drone idea is fanciful and might still be used in the future

but I call for a effort to put together a long term field research of the scale we thought the ground team for the Falcon Project would

undertake.  It might take individuals with the means to secure their own time and equipment, but surely such individuals are out

there, and would Les Stroud please stay in one place and do some actual research for a period of time, we do not need a roaming

Wikipedia of Bigfooting from Les, we need the guy who will outlast these creatures in the wilderness.

BFF Patron

I am fully capable financially and expertise of fielding an airship or powered glider but know that if I do,  what I will have, if I am lucky, is a video or still picture that may or may not be better than the P/G film that is still being argued about.     Sure it would be HD, but it would be from a downward angle,  probably in view down through the trees,  less time than Patty was,  and immediately  people would be wondering where I got the suit.    Certainly nothing definitive and proof of nothing other than I know how to create the hardware.     

Another factor is at play here that probably the only people who go out into the national forests are aware of.    Much of BF habitat in the Western States is National Forest.    Yesterday I went to one of the most popular hikes in the Gifford Pinchot.    I have not been there for about 17 years.    Once I left roads that were being used and maintained for logging, the final drive up to the hiking trailhead on the North side of Silverstar Mountain was the only way in.    I have a high clearance 4 wheel drive truck.    The road has not been maintained in decades from the appearance.    Erosion has washed huge sections of the roadway away in large ditches and potholes.   In the worst part, if I could have turned around and left, I would have, out of concern for breaking the truck or tipping over and sliding off the road.      That lack of maintenance is typical of National Forest roads in the West.   Unless roads are being used for logging and maintained,  they are rapidly deteriorating, one after another are being blocked off, and access into the backcountry is being restricted.  Very little logging in the National Forests is being done now.     Good thing for BF, keeping humans out, but bad for BF researchers who need to get into the back country.   I can see that in another 10 years, much of the access to back country will be gone.    Whatever needs to be done for BF research needs to be done soon.  

Lake County Bigfoot,

You mentioned Les Stroud staying in one place and researching bigfoot. The only problem with that is most bigfoot research is pretty boring. Days could go by with little to nothing found or happening. Don't think that would sell for TV. Although as far as video evidence goes he would be one of the best to get it.

Well, you know what was *really* boring?  The Planet Earth series.  You wanna talk about boring!  After every episode they'd have a production clip showing you how boring it actually was.

It can be that way.  The secret is always the editing.  You are probably not gonna televise most of it live.  Problem is:  no one doing this for TV knows how rich a topic this is.  Yet another fail from not paying attention to the evidence.

It might be boring for Les to camp in an area a month at a time, so break the show up into segments, he has done it with some
of the survival episodes, he has enough interesting information on both nature and survival to digress as needed. SWWASP makes
an interesting point, but I could care less about the drone or for that matter video footage, my desire is to see how well they
can be pinned down behaviorally, so that you can predict where they will be at a given time of year with accuracy, within a
smallish grid so they could be relocated quickly, of course I know that this may be less possible than we think, but it has to
be determined with boots on the ground for an indefinite period of time. I have been trying to study data in my area and see if
there is some predictability, and it seems to be evident...so our work remains to be done. Sad thing is that a group like the NAWAC

has a very unique location to study the them, and that is not really what they are doing, though it is a by product of their attempts

to harvest one, if we could have year round efforts being made much would be learned. The NAWAC is not even present for a large

part of the year, so what is going on then, I know winter is a different animal, but they must do something during those months,

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Guest OntarioSquatch

They stop interacting with them during the winter months. I think the key to studying these things is to get them to interact with you and the Ouachita Mountains seems to be a place where they are willing to do so, but it's out of territorial aggression. What I find interesting is that they only interact with people if people stay longer than the Sasquatch expect them to. The rock throwing and intimidation displays don't start until after about a week or so of staying at the cabin during the summer. Hardly anyone stays there that long. Most of the sightings there seem to occur during the winter, but it's accidental ones where the animals are out looking for food and people manage to come across some evidence. 

BFF Patron

......... I have not been there for about 17 years.    Once I left roads that were being used and maintained for logging, the final drive up to the hiking trailhead on the North side of Silverstar Mountain was the only way in.    I have a high clearance 4 wheel drive truck.    The road has not been maintained in decades from the appearance.    Erosion has washed huge sections of the roadway away in large ditches and potholes.   In the worst part, if I could have turned around and left, I would have, out of concern for breaking the truck or tipping over and sliding off the road.      That lack of maintenance is typical of National Forest roads in the West.   Unless roads are being used for logging and maintained,  they are rapidly deteriorating, one after another are being blocked off, and access into the backcountry is being restricted.  Very little logging in the National Forests is being done now.     Good thing for BF, keeping humans out, but bad for BF researchers who need to get into the back country.   I can see that in another 10 years, much of the access to back country will be gone.    Whatever needs to be done for BF research needs to be done soon.  

Totally agree, there are some pretty jagged roads out there that are popular with hikers.  Seems all our NW Forest Passes and Annual Passes pay for are guardrails, an occasional bridge and privy........  to hell with the roads proper.  But have you seen some of the county and city street roadways lately, lol. Infrastructure in the USA has a long way to go.  Soon we will have facilities and parks with no efffective way to get there without an airship. 

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

Totally agree, there are some pretty jagged roads out there that are popular with hikers.  Seems all our NW Forest Passes and Annual Passes pay for are guardrails, an occasional bridge and privy........  to hell with the roads proper.  But have you seen some of the county and city street roadways lately, lol. Infrastructure in the USA has a long way to go.  Soon we will have facilities and parks with no efffective way to get there without an airship. 

That is a one government cover up that has not really been brought out in the open.     In many of the larger older American cities, the infrastructure was built over 100 years ago when labor was cheap and prevailing wage was unheard of.       With cast iron pipes reaching their useful life, roads a mess with potholes,  the infrastructure is crumbling.       Those that have done a cost analysis, have determined that the largest cities are not sustainable.     There simply is not enough money made in the entire city to fix the infrastructure no matter what the tax rate.    Already the large cities drain the whole state with rural areas ignored to funnel money into the cities for roads.   Throw in pet projects like light rail and other extremely expensive toys that carry few people, and you have a formula for repair and maintenance neglect for roads and infrastructure. 

I think rather than drones or aircraft,  which are short duration by nature,   a better option would be to find high ridges or land locations where high powered low light telescopes or expensive higher resolution FLIR telephoto equipment can be deployed and survey an adjacent ridge or valley that is BF habitat.   That eliminates vibration and motion issues that are always present in aircraft.   If we can photograph a distant galaxy from earth, we should be able to photograph a BF miles away, totally unaware it is being watched.     Long term study over months at a time could start to pin down behavior.   Crews could come in and relieve each other every few days bringing in supplies for their shift.      Most likely at some point the BF would become aware of the observation station and start coming around out of curiosity just making it easier.   This weekend, two or three day at a time thing, is just not conducive for productive study.     

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

" This weekend, two or three day at a time thing, is just not conducive for productive study. "

My biggest gripe, too. Though I'm now semi-retired, my pension, plus what I earn by keeping my business going part time, doesn't allow me the funds to spend extended periods in our area. The rest of my "team" work 5 or 6 days a week, or night shift, so getting together for safety and productivity reasons is very difficult. A wealthy benefactor, a University study grant, or a lottery win, would sure help our efforts.  I'm not holding my breath while waiting  for one of those, though.

On the subject of road maintenance in N.Forests, it is even worse than that I'm afraid. Most of the roads in U.S. National Forests were put on the map at the expense of the U.S. Treasury (That would be "you" and "me") to facilitate the logging of public lands by private corporations, at ridiculously low cost even if you included the road building costs. Insult to injury...a lot of this timber is sold on the international market, so the U.S. taxpayer doesn't even receive the market price benefit of the reduced cost of goods sold by these companies. I don't know if the roads Randy was describing fit this description, but odds are they do.  So yeah, I'm not too upset about these roads going back to nature. My complaint is that they shouldn't have been built in the first place, and definitely not at our expense. Once built, I see no point in keeping them open if they don't serve some other purpose. If they can be repurposed for hunter access, or some other recreational use, fine. If not, let them revert, I say. 

One of my favorite things is a gate on which is a sign SEEDED TO GAME FOOD; FOOT TRAVEL WELCOME.  There is a place the walker will probably find zero company on any day of the year.

I think that in general forest roads should be left to revert.  We can get wheels enough places.  No one has an inherent right to be on - or to get manicuring to personal taste for - any of them.

http://4x4icon.com/offroad/101406_blackwater_canyon/img6282.jpg

Would that you'd see such in any U.S.N.F.  Truth in advertising would require something more like: "This section of forest was cut out of existence courtesy of the U.S. Taxpayer, who not only didn't get the benefit of the ridiculously low price paid by the timber cutters, but who is now privileged to bear the externalized costs of this ecological travesty. If you feel like navigating a wasteland of erosion gullies, popple, logging slash and tree stumps...foot travel welcome.

BFF Patron

On the other hand State Forest lands have well (at least by the standards of federal lands)  maintained forest roads.     Graded, re-graveled, and logging in process like crazy,  at least in this area.    Human hiking trails be dammed, they will log right over them.    So it would seem that WSA is right, logging gets the money thrown at the roads.    Sunday an ambulance could not even get up the road to the trailhead for Silver Star Mountain.   It had to wait down below, on a State logging road which drove like a freeway compared with the road to the trailhead.