Bigfoot - Ferocious And Invincible ?

Guest Lesmore

Guest Thepattywagon

Animals in the wild don't normally randomly assault one another with no regard for the possibility of injury to themselves.

I just don't see a Bigfoot, regardless of size, ambushing a full grown Grizzly bear or vice versa unless there is not an option of a safe exit by either party. Way too hazardous for both, IMO. Neither can afford a serious injury that would compromise the ability to find and catch food. I think predator animals have an innate sense of what is worth fighting over and what's not.

That said, I think a big Grizzly would and could dominate a BF, only because it is built for ripping it's prey up with those claws and jaws. Plus its lower center of gravity makes it a tough customer. Even a good sized Black bear would be a formidable opponent, for the same reasons.

Throwing the intelligence factor into the mix certainly adds a twist to the possibilities of just what a Bigfoot could or would use as a weapon against another mammal. I suppose it's possible that a nine foot tall, 700 pound Sasquatch wielding a club, could beat on a Bear hard enough to convince it to back off. Its size alone is probably more than enough to make any other predator species think twice about mixing it up.

However we don't know if such a beast exists.

ROL, LOL, Just keep believing that....One day perhaps you too will meet this creature that does not exist... :rolleyes: JK. :blush:

Guest Thepattywagon

Seems this thread turned into a bigfoot vs brown bear thread. Yes indeedy. :wub::blob:

I can't think of another North American animal that would be capable of testing a BF's ferocity, which leaves the Brown Bear. Humans no match for even a Chimp, so I doubt it would require much ferocity to dispatch a person.

I can't think of another North American animal that would be capable of testing a BF's ferocity, which leaves the Brown Bear. Humans no match for even a Chimp, so I doubt it would require much ferocity to dispatch a person.

An American bison bull is no slouch.

Hey buzzardeater...you might want to check out some video on a grown alpha grizzly, and then popssibly amend your statement. Too call one an easy meal for 100s of lbs. of food sounds like a pretty ignorant statement...You're talking about 8+ ft and 800+ lbs. of absolute fury.

P.S. I know all we have to go off are stories, but let's not take these as bible...no chance of a bigfoot doing 90 ft in 2 strides, LOL at even believing that.

This would be known according to eyewitness accounts.

This BFRO report is one of my favorites, describing stalking and hunting behavior targeting a 100+ lb hog:

http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=8547

Note the BF leaped twice to cover 30 yards, knocked the pig against a tree with one hand, and then pounded it to death with blows "like slamming your fist on a table top". This all happened within about four seconds. It carried the pig off in one hand.

It would be difficult to consider any other North American animal that would be capable of attacking such a creature, or defending against an attack from a BF. The only possibility would be a large bear, but the only interaction I know of between bear and BF was the reported beach sighting in Alaska where a large grizzly fled in a hurry when BF approached.

I'd like to add that I've met with and talked to this witness about his encounter. I wasn't the intial investigator, but knew one of them that was. I had him arrange a meeting so that I could get the witnesses input on a couple vocalizations my team had recorded. The whoops that he had witnessed the creature make was of particular interest to me but also the scream yell the creature made as it leapt on the hogs. He had made quite a drive that day just to meet with us and retell his encounter. I found him to be credible not just because he could recount his experience just as he told it in the report but also by his body language which expressed emotion as he relived the experience while telling it.

I played a set of recorded whoops for him which was recorded in a very similar environment (hardwood river bottom). He said they were very similar to what he had witnessed the creature make. I also played a response to a call blast that had been recorded on the same night as the whoops. When I played that one and asked if he had heard it before, he turned and stared out the window for a moment, it was apparent he was fighting to keep his composure (emotions welling up), then finally answered , "yeah I've heard that" still holding back emotion, he went into more detail what the vocalization is like upclose. He said it is so loud it will cause the inside of your ear to tingle and very unnerving.

Just thought i'd share that, whether you believe his distance estimates to be accurate on the leaps or not, I believe he is as sincere about his experience as they come.

Guest BFSleuth

90 feet....I checked that out after reading. I dunno....something leaping 90 feet. That's very far.

According to the report 90 feet is covered in two leaps which were described as being on all fours (knuckle down), basically 45 feet per leap. It could have been more of a galloping motion instead of springing and gathering to leap again.

45 feet in one leap is 50% farther than our world record for a running long jump. When you consider the strength, agility, and speed of primates like chimpanzees and correlate with how that would equate to a primate/hominin of the size the hunter observed, then it seems within the realm of possibility. Think of how far and fast a large adult chimp can run, with leaping motions with swinging arms, then double the size of the chimp. The strength of a chimp has been measured at about 5 times the strength of a man, upscale the size and it starts getting scary.

Guest BFSleuth

I'd like to add that I've met with and talked to this witness about his encounter. I wasn't the intial investigator, but knew one of them that was. I had him arrange a meeting so that I could get the witnesses input on a couple vocalizations my team had recorded. The whoops that he had witnessed the creature make was of particular interest to me but also the scream yell the creature made as it leapt on the hogs. He had made quite a drive that day just to meet with us and retell his encounter. I found him to be credible not just because he could recount his experience just as he told it in the report but also by his body language which expressed emotion as he relived the experience while telling it.

I played a set of recorded whoops for him which was recorded in a very similar environment (hardwood river bottom). He said they were very similar to what he had witnessed the creature make. I also played a response to a call blast that had been recorded on the same night as the whoops. When I played that one and asked if he had heard it before, he turned and stared out the window for a moment, it was apparent he was fighting to keep his composure (emotions welling up), then finally answered , "yeah I've heard that" still holding back emotion, he went into more detail what the vocalization is like upclose. He said it is so loud it will cause the inside of your ear to tingle and very unnerving.

Just thought i'd share that, whether you believe his distance estimates to be accurate on the leaps or not, I believe he is as sincere about his experience as they come.

Thank you for sharing your observations of the veracity of the witness, greatly appreciated.

Yes, that booming roar the BF used to stun the pig must have been pretty shattering to feel up close like that.

One whack from a Grizzly bear this size, or even it's smaller cousin the Black Bear, would be enough, I would think, to take me out for the count.....actually more like forever.

I don't think there is much on the continent, if anything that could take on a full grown Grizzly, successfully or at least be a match, except perhaps a very large Bull Buffalo charging, or a large male Polar Bear. The Polar Bear is thought by some to have evolved from the Grizzly.

I'm a bit over 6'3" and my weight varies from 220-240 lbs....I ain't small.

Polar bears are descended from brown bears and diverged only 150,000 years ago. The polar bear could even be considered a subspecies of brown bear...

The bear family, Ursidae, is believed to have split off from other carnivorans about 38 million years ago. The Ursinae subfamily originated approximately 4.2 million years ago. According to both fossil and DNA evidence, the polar bear diverged from the brown bear, Ursus arctos, roughly 150,000 years ago.[16] The oldest known polar bear fossil is a 130,000 to 110,000-year-old jaw bone, found on Prince Charles Foreland in 2004.[16] Fossils show that between ten to twenty thousand years ago, the polar bear's molar teeth changed significantly from those of the brown bear. Polar bears are thought to have diverged from a population of brown bears that became isolated during a period of glaciation in the Pleistocene.[17]

More recent genetic studies have shown that some clades of brown bear are more closely related to polar bears than to other brown bears,[18] meaning that the polar bear is not a true species according to some species concepts.[19] In addition, polar bears can breed with brown bears to produce fertile grizzly–polar bear hybrids,[17][20] indicating that they have only recently diverged and are genetically similar.[21] However, because neither species can survive long in the other's ecological niche, and because they have different morphology, metabolism, social and feeding behaviors, and other phenotypic characteristics, the two bears are generally classified as separate species.[21]

When the polar bear was originally documented, two subspecies were identified: Ursus maritimus maritimus by Constantine J. Phipps in 1774, and Ursus maritimus marinus by Peter Simon Pallas in 1776.[22] This distinction has since been invalidated.

One fossil subspecies has been identified. Ursus maritimus tyrannus—descended from Ursus arctos—became extinct during the Pleistocene. U.m. tyrannus was significantly larger than the living subspecies.[17]

The fact that polar bear-grizzly hybrids are fertile is about all the evidence you need to show how closely they are related...

GROLAR_682x400_482492a.jpg

Guest vilnoori

If they can leap like that then you have an explanation right there as to how they can disappear so fast, especially if the trees round about are on the large side.

So, we all agree bigfoot is ferocious and invincible to all but the biggest/baddest/strongest of NA animals?

Nothing could be more deadly to Bigfoot than these animals...

havwa02b.jpg1174946525Z3to0F.jpg

family_truckster.jpg

04or021a.jpg

sneeze460.jpg