Bigfoot - Ferocious And Invincible ?

Guest Lesmore

Guest apaulo

I have heard two stories of BF actually killing someone,both times by a frightened/surprised BF. Both by dismemberment.

BuzzareEater, can you tell us anything about BF killing human stories ? I am intrigued. I never thought I could be in grave danger stalking BF, but if I do too good a job (easier said than done), then I could end up another missing person story.

Guest WesT

Much of what I read about Bigfoot abilities, leads me to believe they are a race of super-heroes...but not the kind that fight evil.

Here's a way for everyone to be able to wrap thier heads around what it is we're dealing with.

Take this guy here, pump him up about from 2 ft tall to 7 ft tall. Oops, to big now to brachiate in the trees anymore, so let's go ahead and make him bipedal and almost human.

facts-about-siamang-gibbon-1.jpg

You ain't gonna catch it.

Kit

Now I will be **** impressed if you can tell us where the name grizzly came from. No google peaking!

Without googling and just straight from memory, IIRC, the name grizzly and Ursus arctos horribilis is a misnomer as the word grizzly was in reference to the fur appearing to be silver-tipped. When the sub-species was named, the word grizzly and grisly were confused and thought to be in reference to the bears being nasty-ass.

Guest COGrizzly

Without googling and just straight from memory, IIRC, the name grizzly and Ursus arctos horribilis is a misnomer as the word grizzly was in reference to the fur appearing to be silver-tipped. When the sub-species was named, the word grizzly and grisly were confused and thought to be in reference to the bears being nasty-ass.

Not bad at all kit!

According to "Lewis and Clark, Among the Grizzlies" (by Paul Schullery), the term "grisled" was used to describe their appearance.

Not silver tipped, but grisled. The bears were also called White Bear,..the native american name.

George Ord gave the name Ursus horribilis in 1915, a decade after the expedition

Not bad at all kit!

According to "Lewis and Clark, Among the Grizzlies" (by Paul Schullery), the term "grisled" was used to describe their appearance.

Not silver tipped, but grisled. The bears were also called White Bear,..the native american name.

George Ord gave the name Ursus horribilis in 1915, a decade after the expedition

umm CO , wouldnt that be 1815? ,lol......Im only correcting cause I watched Ken Burns lewis and clark a few nights ago, great documentary!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Ord

Edited by driftinmark

Here's a way for everyone to be able to wrap thier heads around what it is we're dealing with.

Take this guy here, pump him up about from 2 ft tall to 7 ft tall. Oops, to big now to brachiate in the trees anymore, so let's go ahead and make him bipedal and almost human.

facts-about-siamang-gibbon-1.jpg

You ain't gonna catch it.

This kind of Dungeons & Dragons fan-style worship of Bigfoot is over the top, I think. Here is a picture from the scene of one of the latest BFRO reports which is from a nursing home complex in King County, Washington...

28743b.jpg

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=28743

The Bigfoot was allegedly hitting the dumpster. Seriously try and visualize that we have in Canada and America at least a species of huge mammal that will occasionally walk into the middle of human civilization and rummage through the garbage, but oops, we have somehow been unable to catalogue the species. Now on the flipside, we have wildlife biologists in the field right smack in the middle of what is supposed to be Bigfoot Central in the Olympic and Cascade mountain ranges with remote camera stations set up in a long term effort to survey and document rare mammals in the habitat and somehow they miss the Bigfoots that are there scraping out a living. If Bigfoot is a real living, breeding species, how does this happen?

Guest COGrizzly

umm CO , wouldnt that be 1815? ,lol......Im only correcting cause I watched Ken Burns lewis and clark a few nights ago, great documentary!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Ord

Yep, my bad! 1815, not 1915! Typo. Sent from my "smart phone". If it was so **** smart it would have recognized that!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WesT

This kind of Dungeons & Dragons fan-style worship of Bigfoot is over the top

:lol: Now now, dry up those tears and turn that frown upside down. It's my opinion that BF is a very large, agile and strong creature, which would make it elusive and near impossible to contain much less be captured. I used the picture to get my point across.

Guest 12345dvf

i think that a bear(most likely a grizzly)would be able to take a sasquatch and maybe give some good damage and also maybe a wolf pack.

Some say a couger(or mountain lion as they may be known)could cause damage to a sasquatch but i just don't know these are the top things i would guess would cause damage.

1.grizzly bear

2.wolf pack(of suffiecient numbers

3.cougar

4.a very large pack of wild dogs

5.human(with a gun the human bumps up to number 1)

and also we dont know that sasquatch's are ferocius all animals can be ferocius just on different scales.

It just happens to be with a sasquatch the scale is huge.

i think that a bear(most likely a grizzly)would be able to take a sasquatch and maybe give some good damage and also maybe a wolf pack.

Some say a couger(or mountain lion as they may be known)could cause damage to a sasquatch but i just don't know these are the top things i would guess would cause damage.

1.grizzly bear

2.wolf pack(of suffiecient numbers

3.cougar

4.a very large pack of wild dogs

5.human(with a gun the human bumps up to number 1)

and also we dont know that sasquatch's are ferocius all animals can be ferocius just on different scales.

It just happens to be with a sasquatch the scale is huge.

When I hear stories that even armed humans are no match for BF, I don't think there's any animal that can cause BF a problem. You can read accounts where even female BF hunt and kill bears.

I read a account where a BF walked up to a armed forest guide while being shot as if it didn't even concern it, then proceeded to tear the person to pieces, then calmly walked back into the woods!

If BF are capable of that...even a grizzly bear isn't a worthy sparring opponent!

When I hear stories that even armed humans are no match for BF, I don't think there's any animal that can cause BF a problem. You can read accounts where even female BF hunt and kill bears.

I read a account where a BF walked up to a armed forest guide while being shot as if it didn't even concern it, then proceeded to tear the person to pieces, then calmly walked back into the woods!

If BF are capable of that...even a grizzly bear isn't a worthy sparring opponent!

HaHa...Bigfoots have Kevlar skin...And "a grizzly bear isn't a worthy sparring opponent" doesn't even deserve a response.

HaHa...Bigfoots have Kevlar skin...And "a grizzly bear isn't a worthy sparring opponent" doesn't even deserve a response.

Hey...i'm just going from what I read. I've read where gunshots had no effect on BF.

Have you not read accounts where BF hunt and kill grizzly. I know I read one where even female BF kill grizzly with their hands!

Do you realize what you would be if you were 9-10 feet tall, built like a gorilla, yet have the ability to think? You're just as strong if not stronger than a grizzly. You're faster and more agile. One account I read by a person who was captured by a BF...she asked the young BF how did he kill the animals he brought back to eat. She said the BF showed her that he does it with his hands. He would basically wait until a animal got close enough, and with a short sprint overtake the animal and kill it with his hands.

It was written somewhere that they kill deer by grabbing their hind legs, breaking them and then twisting the deers neck causing it to break.

BF would be the apex predator on this planet if ever proven to exist.

I'm curious why they would be built like a gorilla. Don't monkeys size come from their locomotion, I mean they use there arms to move and climb, so they build up their upper-bodies...And if we are led to believe the PGF is the real deal, it does not appear that patty would do any climbing or knuckle-walking...So basically "sumtin' ain't stirrin' the kool-aid"

Guest BFSleuth

I'm curious why they would be built like a gorilla. Don't monkeys size come from their locomotion, I mean they use there arms to move and climb, so they build up their upper-bodies...And if we are led to believe the PGF is the real deal, it does not appear that patty would do any climbing or knuckle-walking...So basically "sumtin' ain't stirrin' the kool-aid"

I think Patties arms are longer than human and would lend themselves to locomotion with knuckle running. BF has been reported to run not with the back quite level but a little upright when going quadropedally, with the arms swinging backward with each stride almost to level like a gorilla.

Reasons other than locomotion for the powerful arms, hands, and upper body would also include things like grubbing by tearing apart rotten logs and stumps, digging for squirrels or roots, carrying deer or other large game, as well as dealing crushing swats and blows to fight or kill. They have been observed doing all these things, with appreciation for the tremendous power they have.

I like the Fort Lewis report where the BF reached out shoulder level with one thumbs down hand and snapped a 6-7" diameter fir tree in half as challenge display. Yeah, if BF get's his hands on anything it isn't getting away soon.

Or the pig hunter story, where he watched a BF stalk and attack about a 100 lb wild hog. The biggie swatted it then crushed it to death with a few blows "like pounding a table top"... over in seconds.

Only interaction I've read regarding BF and grizzly had the grizzly tucking tail and running on sight of BF.

Dominant predator?

Oh yeah.

Maybe I shouldn't use slang at this site...

When I say built like a gorilla, i'm referring too how powerfully built they are.