Campsite Destroyed

A question arose upthread  intimated that the cops didn't have a reason to investigate this "torn up camp" that night. Here's a reason from 2013 which is the same year Garrett found this camp:

http://www.fbi.gov/houston/press-releases/2014/two-set-to-appear-in-federal-court-on-charges-of-murder-on-federal-land

(please note which Federal agency has jurisdiction for investigating crimes in the SHNF and other federal lands/territories. Hint: it's not DOI or NPS.  It's not even the local Texas law enforcement agencies.)

Here's a reason from 2010:

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/84386092.html

Based on that, it's really hard for me that law enforcement wouldn't think a destroyed, abandoned campsite in the middle of the woods isn't urgent . And if they do blow off reports, someone(s) should be looking for new employment because as a taxpayer, I don't want my taxes paying salaries, medical/retirement benefits to incompetents.

I'll keep writing this over and over again, the issue of BigFoot muddies the Garrett case.

@ Chasing Rabbits – I read both of the items thanks for posting the links. Something still about the Garrett event cannot be explained yet, but I hope some additional information surfaces that could shed some light on this and I think it will.

@ Cisco - Thanks for posting your opinions and comments are always interesting and appreciated even when we disagree on minor things.

Edited by Gumshoeye

Wes might get a show, Todd Standing is sought out by Meldrum and Survivorman. The albatross is just a merrit badge, its what you can sell and how well you can sell it that counts. They have the best intro, best music, best graphic, best stories. Producers are going to thing its all BS anyway. Sounds like he can write his own ticket.

Hmm, ok so is this area State or Federal?

Edited by Wag

Guest diana swampbooger

I've done my best to listen, watch & read everything that Bob & The Boys have produced in the last 2 years ... pretty **** interesting.

Maybe some of yall that have never seen a booger or don't believe boogers exist might consider taggin' along on a few of Bob's expeditions .... go on ahead & contact Wes.

You seem to be on the Bob bandwagon DS. Show us why he is so awsome, and not a hoaxer, or that your not connected with them in some way.

Go ahead, prove your case. You talk a big talk, talk about bodies on video...

We are dealing with huge piles of BS, as in Jurassic Park size poo-piles.

Please. Put up your best links.

Guest diana swampbooger

Nice try, Wag

So, I'm listing you as not wanting to go visit booger/s with Bob & The Guys???

A question arose upthread  intimated that the cops didn't have a reason to investigate this "torn up camp" that night. Here's a reason from 2013 which is the same year Garrett found this camp:

http://www.fbi.gov/houston/press-releases/2014/two-set-to-appear-in-federal-court-on-charges-of-murder-on-federal-land

(please note which Federal agency has jurisdiction for investigating crimes in the SHNF and other federal lands/territories. Hint: it's not DOI or NPS.  It's not even the local Texas law enforcement agencies.)

Here's a reason from 2010:

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/84386092.html

Based on that, it's really hard for me that law enforcement wouldn't think a destroyed, abandoned campsite in the middle of the woods isn't urgent . And if they do blow off reports, someone(s) should be looking for new employment because as a taxpayer, I don't want my taxes paying salaries, medical/retirement benefits to incompetents.

I'll keep writing this over and over again, the issue of BigFoot muddies the Garrett case.

Gum, Thanks for the 411 stories.  They are puzzling, to say the least.  That Portluk (sp?) Alaska story is wild.  There's a neat write up about it on a ghost town website.

Chasing Rabbits, the FBI is charged with investigating major crimes on many federal lands, but the SHNF is vast and encompasses many counties and towns.  They would not be first responders to a call.  Federal investigative agencies are rarely first responders to anything.  Any 911 call placed around there would go to a sheriff's department or, as in the one case you linked, to the city of Huntsville PD.  Ultimately, the FBI may end up investigating the crime after the fact.

I would pretty much lay money on there being no negligence here.  If the call was truly placed stating there was possible loss of life, there would have been a swift and overwhelming response.  OTOH, if it was called in as an abandoned camp, or just a camp in shambles, then I could see how that would be held until the next day and forwarded to the NFS for clean up.  It's a huge forest with homeless people living in tents in places, tons of campsites, and just piles where people dump garbage as well.  The authorities there deal with all sorts of stuff on a daily basis and, if all that's told to them is that it looks like there's a torn up or abandoned camp, that's probably nothing unusual.  I've been there and have seen crap dumped in piles and strewn about in primitive campsites.  That could explain a lack of response if a call was placed.  I'll add that all 911 calls are logged and recorded.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Wes is a silvertongue, but in the few episodes that I've listened to, it sounded to me like he himself doesn't actually believe in Bigfoot. 

I think the main point of Sasquatch Chronicles is creating podcast episodes that are dramatic and entertaining. Whether the stories are true or not doesn't actually matter to Wes and the other hosts.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Nice try? You actually want to mess with the Wag? You want to try to duck and swag the WAG? Are you JOKING? :o

Well all I have to say is:

Hi Wes... :aikido:

Hi Wes...

Nice try, Wag

So, I'm listing you as not wanting to go visit booger/s with Bob & The Guys???

Ok, so your hooked in with them now?  Sorry to blow your cover dude, I know you don't know the major rule on this board: IE: Don't mess with the Wag. Eveerrrrrrrrrr..

Dude, really, you can't fake being female, or ''republican'' or ''liberal'' on forums.

Sad thing is, I was the ONLY other person who said something looked like an upside down body at the time stamp you indicated.

Edited by Wag

Wes is a silvertongue, but in the few episodes that I've listened to, it sounded to me like he himself doesn't actually believe in Bigfoot. 

I think the main point of Sasquatch Chronicles is creating podcast episodes that are dramatic and entertaining. Whether the stories are true or not doesn't actually matter to Wes and the other hosts.

He often wears mirrored sunglasses in his podcasts.....maybe his eyes are light sensitive or he thinks he looks better in them..... :scratchhead:

Edited by clubbedfoot

Guest diana swampbooger

Boy howdy, I'm running like a scalded haint.

Come on now cupcake, show me wha'cha got!

Guest Divergent1
  :aikido:

Sorry to blow your cover dude, I know you don't know the major rule on this board: IE: Don't mess with the Wag. Eveerrrrrrrrrr..

Would you mind linking me to that rule Wag? I don't believe I have them memorized yet so I very well may have overlooked the Wag Rule.

Gum, Thanks for the 411 stories.  They are puzzling, to say the least.  That Portluk (sp?) Alaska story is wild.  There's a neat write up about it on a ghost town website.

Chasing Rabbits, the FBI is charged with investigating major crimes on many federal lands, but the SHNF is vast and encompasses many counties and towns.  They would not be first responders to a call.  Federal investigative agencies are rarely first responders to anything.  Any 911 call placed around there would go to a sheriff's department or, as in the one case you linked, to the city of Huntsville PD.  Ultimately, the FBI may end up investigating the crime after the fact.

I would pretty much lay money on there being no negligence here.  If the call was truly placed stating there was possible loss of life, there would have been a swift and overwhelming response.  OTOH, if it was called in as an abandoned camp, or just a camp in shambles, then I could see how that would be held until the next day and forwarded to the NFS for clean up.  It's a huge forest with homeless people living in tents in places, tons of campsites, and just piles where people dump garbage as well.  The authorities there deal with all sorts of stuff on a daily basis and, if all that's told to them is that it looks like there's a torn up or abandoned camp, that's probably nothing unusual.  I've been there and have seen crap dumped in piles and strewn about in primitive campsites.  That could explain a lack of response if a call was placed.  I'll add that all 911 calls are logged and recorded.

Hello Johnny G, that may be true that is, an abundant of first responders flowing to scene unless they are told to stand …. In so far as garbage goes I seen in it State Game Lands here where piggies take their garbage bags and throwing along a trail or gravel roads, it’s simple and its inconsiderate and ill-mannered.

Guest Divergent1

Boy howdy, I'm running like a scalded haint.

Come on now cupcake, show me wha'cha got!

I've got a warning burning a hole in my pocket if this name calling stuff doesn't cease and desist.

If you want to be successful on the radio it helps to have a silver tongue, I think they meant well and they received a lot of unwarranted feedback though but it is part of their persona.

He often wears mirrored sunglasses in his podcasts.....maybe his eyes are light sensitive or he thinks he looks better in them..... :scratchhead:

Welcome back CB, sunglasses could be part of the mystique and persona or they may serve as some eyesight issue that we know nothing about. Lots of performers and radio personalities wear them.