Campsite Destroyed

Guest diana swampbooger

Personally, I'm not the kind of person that stares at gruesome auto accidents as I drive by & discussing this stuff makes me uncomfortable. 

Yall talk amongst yourselves.

Kirk out.

In the daytime video at about 3:05 to 3:15 you get a good look at the leaning tree. What you are seeing in the dark are the parts of the other trees it is leaning into. Garrett shows no emotions whatsoever when scanning the tree. There is nothing there, just as there is nothing there the night before.

I have to agree that it takes morbid minds to come up with such morbid images. Especially since all that is there is trees.

Guest Divergent1

Thanks Sasfooty, I didn't see a body in the video. Your pic doesn't really look like a body either.

Well, it could be a camper-evacuation, and he added stuff, or, hey, there might be something there. Sassy, I think its a couple seconds later.

Same area at the 3:53 timestamp:

post-24465-0-36503000-1431227971_thumb.j

Just one tree leaning into another tree as Garrett mentioned in the daytime video.

The only thing about it that caused me to give it a second look was something red at the top of the right fork. I can't see anything that looks much like body parts there, though.

Edited by Sasfooty

Let us remain friends stay calm and on point while we turn our attention back to the campground destroyed thread again; does the controversy surrounding the Big Thicket National Preserve destroyed campgrounds and Sasquatch Chronicles slam the door shut on future disclosures?  

If this incident lacks full agreement in the court of public opinion on what Mr. Garrett purports to have observed, what does it say about any future events that may not be reported out of lack of wanting to undergo similar ridicule and scrutiny?

Who stands to benefit from all this Bigfoot self-immolation?

Are there any winners or losers in such reports?

Is it just a coincidence the SC podcast host underwent a sort of self-immolation after pledging to follow up the destroyed camp ground, or was there something more nefarious afoot that we experts haven't picked on?

Should people in general come to us first and pass our test in the people's court of public opinion before making claims of Bigfoot?     

Edited by Gumshoeye

Guest Divergent1

I think if you find dead bodies you better be calling the police, sheriff, or state trooper's. At that point it's out of a bigfoot researcher's hands. I think it's illegal to share photos of the bodies if there is a murder investigation in progress.

For less dramatic incidents, the researcher can share or not share as he sees fit, for now, it's only going to be a matter of opinion.I don't understand the question about winners or losers. It is what it is, if you choose to put it out there you better be prepared for scrutiny.

I can't think of any sitution in life where everyone agrees on a job/work situation. Bigfoot research is a type of working situation, which is why you generally have formal policies and procedures to follow. Those don't exist for bigfoot research.

I for one cant believe people are still bickering back and forth about this...

all im saying before i leave is ive seen a picture of bob garett.... and the man doesnt look like an expert tracker to me.. or the first thing id think of when hearing expert woodsman

He looks to probably gas out after a 10 min hike

No offense bob!

Edited by ItsAsquatch

Guest diana swampbooger

Gum, in my line of work, it is necessary to initially profile prospective patients for certain types of mental/emotional/behavioral challenges & decline services.

"Should people in general come to us first and pass our test in the people's court of public opinion before making claims of Bigfoot? " 

NO.

In my humble opinion.

I finally watched both the nighttime and daytime videos and kept an open mind about what I was seeing and hearing from Bob. There is no apparent bodies or blood in either video. The one thing that I could not identify was at the 20.05 time mark and it appeared to be something hanging on one of the trees forming the X. Because of depth perception, whatever it was may not even be attached to the tree, but could be something behind that tree. The only liquid that Bob commented on was an apparent area of possible urine (it also could have been a beer/red bull poured out on the ground.

If Bob's story and the video are accurate, it is obvious that something did happen at this camp site. Inside the tent there is a box that says something like '5 pan instant camp', tire tracks close to the tent, and the fire pit very close to the tent tell me that whoever set up this campsite did not have much experience with camping. I did not see any evidence of drug activity and it appears the only camping gear left was the ruined tent. The tire tracks looked like they came from a car or SUV and not a big truck.

The only thing that appears to be really unusual are the damaged trees and all of them were rotted and would topple very easily. Further back in the woods, one of the downed trees has dead leaves that have turned brown. This means it was not fresh damage and at least a few weeks old if not much longer. I can think of 2 reasons that the rotten trees were downed, firewood or safety. When I set up a campsite, I always look for large dead trees and will remove them so they do not fall on the tent. I do not see evidence of any saw marks on any of rotten trees and to topple these, you simply rock them back and forth and they will break apart (it is dangerous because you don't know where they will fall).

None of what I have said means this is what happened and something entirely different may be responsible for the damage seen in the videos. If I remember correctly, Bob said when he went back to the site, it was entirely cleaned up and all evidence removed. Is this true and if so, does he have a video on the cleaned campsite? If this is true, then it adds credibility to his claim that he contacted authorities and if they are claiming they have no record of this, that indicates they may be hiding something.

This whole event is so typical of the bf world in that we will probably never know what really happened and theories will run the gamut. UPs

Let us remain friends stay calm and on point while we turn our attention back to the campground destroyed thread again; does the controversy surrounding the Big Thicket National Preserve destroyed campgrounds and Sasquatch Chronicles slam the door shut on future disclosures?  

If this incident lacks full agreement in the court of public opinion on what Mr. Garrett purports to have observed, what does it say about any future events that may not be reported out of lack of wanting to undergo similar ridicule and scrutiny?

Who stands to benefit from all this Bigfoot self-immolation?

Are there any winners or losers in such reports?

Is it just a coincidence the SC podcast host underwent a sort of self-immolation after pledging to follow up the destroyed camp ground, or was there something more nefarious afoot that we experts haven't picked on?

Should people in general come to us first and pass our test in the people's court of public opinion before making claims of Bigfoot?     

In my assessment, as I've said already, the torn up campsite is a hoax and the claims of government coverup is a lie. No death, no bodies.   That being the case, who benefits is the whole bigfoot community minus the hoaxers.  We have "policed" our own identifying frauds and hoaxers in our midst for what they are.  It may be uncomfortable for people who invested their egos in this torn up campsite and Sasquatch Chronicles being legit ... "too bad."   I would say that to myself as well, no double standards.  The sooner you find out you were wrong about something and can set about realigning yourself, regardless of discomfort, the better.

I don't think this should affect anyone who has a legitimate story to tell.   You seem kind of new to the BF community.   Nobody gets a pass, never have.  Nobody gets their story or evidence accepted without someone somewhere scrutinizing it.   Look at the PGF, look at the Bossburg tracks, look at habituation in general ... you name it.   ANYONE coming forward with a story should have already expected to be interrogated and worse.

I can't speak for anyone else.  This doesn't change anything for me.  All it does is emphasize the need to have your ducks in a row before saying anything to ANYONE.  

MIB

• Upvote 2