Urban Bigfoot Seriously?(2)

Guest Admin

Sorry I did not know Google Earth did not let you save a tour to your computer, so I just got it with my phone, but this

lets you see the topography and the relationship of the sightings, firstly it starts at that hot zone I mentioned at the

confluence of the Fox and Illinois Rivers, where I listed the recent sighting data above a few posts back, then the tour

travels north to other recent sightings, and ends in the area I think they use during daylight in my area, and shows my

proximity to the bigger wild areas around me, and my marsh which I have recorded activity in, as well as heard two individuals

vocalizing using primate type whooops.

http://youtu.be/KXbU6bQb-QE

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Here are two news paper articles from the 70s of the two rashes of sightings...Aurora on the Fox River and Carol Stream off a tributary to the Fox. These sightings took place only weeks apart and within the same watershed areas.

Media Article # 589 
Article submitted by Stan Courtney
Article prepared and posted by Stan Courtney

Sunday, October 06, 1974

By Dave Schneidman
Chicago Tribune

As far as monster go, the Carol Stream apparition ranks far down on the scale. Maybe 7 feet tall and weighing a tad more than 500 pounds, it isn't very big, and it's a total dropout when it come to raising havoc thruout the countryside and make brave men.s blood run cold.

But don't knock it - it's the only monster the Chicago area has.

First sighted about a month ago by several youths in a Carol Stream cornfield, the monster, described as black with a gray-tipped head and with eyes the size of golfballs (a fiendish red color, those eyes), has been scaring a lot of people but has done remarkably little damage.

It has also brought itself to the attention of the Yeti Research Society headquartered in St. Petersburg, Fla., as organization devoted to the study of such monsters.

Since the creature was first discovered, there have been about a dozen sightings in Carol Stream, and from descriptions and evidence the Yeti Society is convinced there is a genuine Yeti in the vicinity - possibly a family of them.

Just what is a Yeti? Well, that's what members of the society would like to know. From all indications, a Yeti is sort of a man-like ape which has been popping up now and again, hither and yon, for 500 years.

However, "the Carol Stream Yeti, or Yetis, is, or are, quite a first for the Chicago area," according to Gordon Prescott, head of the society.

"The closest a Yeti has been to Chicago before this was in the Murphysboro, Ill., sightings.

Several years ago the small downstate community was up in arms over a strange creature which had been thrashing about in the underbrush nearby, destroying trees and scaring local residents.

As a matter of fact, Prescott said, the Murphysboro creature was last seen only a few weeks ago.

Society members are convinced the Yeti exists. 

"The Indians called him Bigfoot, and the early European who came to our shores called him Wildman," Prescott said. "In the Himalayas, the natives have legends of a similar creature which they term Yeti - sometimes referred to as the Abominable Snowman."

Anyhow, from his experience with Yetis, Prescott has this advice for Carol Stream residents:

- First, don't panic. Yetis are docile souls, and if you leave them alone they'll leave you alone.

- Second, the next time one happens to cross your path, report the incident immediately by writing the Yeti Research Society, Post Office Box, 10795, St. Petersburg, Fla., 33737.

- Third, keep in mind that the male Yeti, fully grown, can weigh close to 1,000 pounds and is strong enough to topple an auto. He also has great curiosity, about humans. So, if he stares at you, don't fight him, just let him stare. He doesn't mean any harm. 

A Yeti, Prescott said, can make three distinctive sounds, none of them pleasant - a sharp, high-pitched bark; a sort of growl ending in a high pitched scream, and a kind of whistle.

The Yeti's eating habits are omnivorous. According to Prescott they have been known to eat cattle, tree bar, rats, corn, dogs, cats - in fact, just about anything except fellow Yetis and humans.

Aha, you say, if there have been all those sightings thruout history, and they know all those things about them, why has no one yet captured or killed a Yeti.

Well, there was a capture of a Yeti in 1934 In Arcadia, Fla, according to Prescott. A Yeti was destroying cattle, and finally ranchers, fed up with the nuisance, tracked the Yeti - a female - and captured it.

Not knowing what else to do with the thing, the ranchers locked it up in the Arcadia jail, but that plan lasted only a month or so.

Seems that other prisoners and jailers couldn't tolerate the smell - similar to rotten eggs - or the sound of the thing longer than that, so the ranchers took the Yeti back to where they found it and set it free.

Media Article # 597 
Article submitted by Stan Courtney
Article prepared and posted by Stan Courtney

Monday, August 26, 1974

Elgin Daily Courier - News

Geneva - The Abominable Snowman - or his counter-part - has been sighted in Aurora, according to persons here who wish to remain anonymous.

Other Aurorans refer to the "monster" as Big Mo. It is said to be huge, hairy, of dirty white color and with a "peculiar" howl.

Some residents report that dead dogs have been found with their throats torn out.

Others say they have seen footprints similar to a barefoot man but much larger and with longer toes.

The "thing" is supposed to be in the North Lake Street region where there is a tunnel leading to the river.

It is said to have been in the area for about three weeks.

Kane County Sheriff's police say they've had no reports on wild animals or strange happenings.

They didn't seem surprised at the question, however.

Do Bigfoot reports surface in big urban areas?

Nestled between two bays Milton, Florida is also home to a large Naval Air Station in Santa Rosa County.  A short drive west and a few minutes later you are the across the Escambia Bay and in the Pensacola metropolitan area. Therefore, last month in February a mother is baking a birthday cake for her 7-year-old son in her Milton, Florida home when she reported a home invasion... Went into the bathroom to take care of business but while in there she smelled something terrible.  She knew it was not her but quickly thought about the gas stove or maybe the heavy copper metal smell mixed with brackish salt water for those living near the ocean. Maybe rotten eggs or wet dog smell she thought. Whatever it was, it was powerful and it was in her house while she was in the bathroom. She leaves the bathroom enters the kitchen and screams when she sees a “Monkey† bent over sniffing and poking her son’s birthday cake … Thinking it was prank yet, she is still watching it, she noticed pieces crumbling onto the floor… It turns and looks at her with a human face and she screams! She screams so loud her son hears her screaming and runs to her aid, steps inside, he takes one look and sees the big “Monkey†with a human face and now all three are screaming ….   

http://cryptozoologynews.com/florida-woman-spots-bigfoot-kitchen/

Edited by Gumshoeye

^^^^^Pretty freaking hilarious if you ask me! Kid probably thought the monkey was part of the birthday party!

The picture I have to the left is a stick structure I discovered, it is either human or sasquatch in origin,  the two trees to the left are facing east

and have been carried over, not attached to the ground, or broken off trees below, the one on the right is pushed over and was in the ground,

it marks a little game trail off a main trail in my state park. Oddly the tree on the right that is pushed over is facing west, most storms in our area

that could push down a tree come from the northwest, or southwest, so it is not typical for trees to blow down facing the west, though it can happen,

This is in my state park, very close to the rock quarry, near a creek, where I have found objects left on the fence posts. I tried to move the tree trunks but 

they are quite heavy and would take several strong men to move into place, also they are joined at the top in the same crotches of the tree limbs,

defining a natural explanation. I have thought it might be some boy scouts or something, but with all the other stuff that I have put together I think

it is of a Sasquatch origin. The bottoms have been burned by controlled fires, and this ages them at least 15 years or so. Visible from a distance there

is a very nice symmetry to them.  Notice also all the other blowdowns facing east, not west.

post-23370-0-49074300-1423838974_thumb.j

Good photo LCB … there is an older thread on the forum of wood formations and I for one like to see a thread strictly of wood formation photos listed by number with limited comment other than date or location. Wouldn’t that be something? Maybe a sub thread or part II thread with associated names that users could use as future reference when they encounter some structure they are not entirely certain of they can check the photo thread… Just saying.

Side note: I was thought the Monkey article was a perfect example of urban meeting wild and your thread was the first that came to mind.  

Gumshoe your postings are always interesting and insightful, and pertinent to our discussion here, I think you have done 

more with the data than perhaps anyone I have met, keep up the good research and work as I and others find it all valuable.

Thank you, but I’ve read a number of your threads LCB, and you’ve been on the leading edge of some interesting topics and successful threads yourself. Don’t stop, keep it rolling …

It is easy to start em, but keep em rolling is what takes work. I had some help with this one initially because the skeptics came here

to argue, well that pushed the thread along, I never let that frustrate me, seems now like we have lost the steam the skeptics were 

bringing, perhaps there are no longer skeptics, guys like DMAKER, I miss the daily banter with them as well as some the critical thinking

they brought. Maybe this will call some of them back to the discussion in here instead of the old tar pit.

What would you guys like to see in a Podcast on Sasquatch that is not being done? I am thinking about trying to start one on the topic of Urban Bigfoot, but more generally speaking about the eastern Sasquatch, Seems like the West Coast gets most of the attention, though with guys like Coonbo, Bob Garrett, Stacy Brown, and too many to mention out East, the vast majority of active researchers live east of the Rockies. If you look at the sighting data, sightings east of the Mississippi outnumber the Left Coast, though not nearly as concentrated as areas of Northern California and Washington. Obviously I would like to see a show focusing on the Midwest, particularly Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Michigan, Indiana, and Minnesota. Seems like we get the shaft in most discussions, it always goes to Appalachia, or Florida, Texas, or Ohio, surprisingly, maybe even improbably, Illinois has one of the highest sighting counts in the nation, but who even talks about Illinois, I guess I am just a voice crying out in the semi-wilderness...if you add up the 7 states I just mentioned you find 873 sightings, compared to the total of Washington and California of 1020, so if you added the rest of the states out east the number is greatly higher than the left coast. Who would guess that Illinois with 263 sightings surpasses Oregon with 241, but remember the numbers are skewed by population, so we are not talking numbers of Sasquatches, we are talking people seeing them, factor in terrain and cover, well you see my point, Illinois is just an easier place to spot one on the move...even if we have very limited numbers of them

State # of
Listings
Most
Recent
Last
Posted
Alaska 22 1-2014 1-2013 Alabama 91 1-2015 9-2014 Arkansas 90 1-2015 4-2014 Arizona 80 2-2015 8-2014 California 427 3-2013 1-2013 Colorado 119 2-2015 3-2014 Connecticut 8 7-2009 5-2009 Delaware 5 9-2013 11-2012 Florida 298 2-2015 9-2014 Georgia 121 12-2014 5-2014 Iowa 66 9-2014 4-2014 Idaho 69 6-2013 12-2013 Illinois 263 2-2015 12-2014 Indiana 76 12-2014 11-2013 Kansas 39 9-2014 3-2014 Kentucky 101 12-2014 9-2014 Louisiana 40 4-2011 2-2010 Massachusetts 20 1-2014 4-2013 Maryland 34 1-2015 5-2014 Maine 13 3-2004 2-2004 Michigan 198 2-2015 1-2014 Minnesota 68 1-2015 10-2014 Missouri 118 1-2015 10-2014 Mississippi 22 4-2013 2-2013 State # of
Listings
Most
Recent
Last
Posted
Montana 43 12-2013 12-2012 North Carolina 90 1-2015 11-2014 North Dakota 6 12-2010 8-2005 Nebraska 14 6-2011 8-2008 New Hampshire 10 11-2009 6-2009 New Jersey 49 6-2014 2-2013 New Mexico 42 3-2014 10-2013 Nevada 8 4-2009 2-2005 New York 100 7-2011 9-2010 Ohio 254 8-2014 2-2014 Oklahoma 89 10-2014 9-2012 Oregon 241 8-2014 3-2014 Pennsylvania 108 12-2014 8-2014 Rhode Island 5 12-2011 11-2011 South Carolina 52 1-2014 2-2012 South Dakota 17 8-2011 6-2008 Tennessee 96 10-2014 4-2014 Texas 203 2-2015 7-2014 Utah 69 10-2014 12-2008 Virginia 72 12-2014 8-2014 Vermont 6 1-2006 10-2005 Washington 593 2-2015 9-2014 Wisconsin 84 1-2015 6-2014 West Virginia 94 1-2015 11-2014 Wyoming 28 5-2010 3-2010

• Upvote 1

yah I really think the numbers speak for themselves, sighting data is the only real thing we can study, everything comes down to where and what the people are 

seeing. Put it all together and you get the big picture, as many here have done and you really get a sense of the behavior and elusiveness of the creatures.

I am quite convinced that if you pinned all the sightings in the Eastern United States, you would see concentrations along rivers, and that is the one thing I will take away from my research, and without hesitation espouse. You need not look far to discover that pattern, and if you add in the tributaries and creeks you would find that these creatures follow the waterways, as in the old Legend of Boggy Creek, he always follows the creek bottoms. It has been called a wood ape by some, but I am more convinced it is a river ape, or for dramatic appeal the river monster. That is why you have names like the mud monster, and others that hint at its habits.

I am going to do this pinning thing for the Chicagoland area and post is soon....

Here is my pinned map of Class A only sightings for LaSalle County Illinois, a couple are hard to 

find exact locations for, but I used the sighting descriptions to narrow down the areas, it must be

pretty darn close to where they were, it is really interesting how they mainly seem to be near the 

smaller tributaries off the main river, but all fairly close to the main river, wow, wow, that is 7 Class A

sightings all within proximity to a fairly populated area, all in stream greenbelt areas with nicely forested

patches, but hardly a wilderness, no wonder they are getting spotted, not alot of cover....and generally late night sightings as well...

only tens of miles apart...pretty dang good cluster...this might be one of the nations highest concentrations

of Class A sightings.The circle in white around the sightings in the lower picture is 42.9 miles in length.

post-23370-0-07016700-1424791328_thumb.j

post-23370-0-80418000-1424792356_thumb.j

• masterbarber locked this topic