Collection Of Voucher Specimens

norseman

If it happened at all......

exactly...... especially with a travel size specimen .

• Upvote 1

Nor do I for anyone that pursues killing something w/o any working knowledge of their quarry.

My experience (Louisiana Hunt) documents what can happen when ignorance meets egotistical greed.  Thankfully, I was able to learn from this event and begin the process to realization that simply killing something when knowledge of what the target may or may not be is very limited or nonexistent, is flat wrong on multiple fronts.

NAWAC's model has been used as a reference to buttress a position justifying the killing of one.  IMO, given their reputation for publishing claims and getting belligerent when questioned as well as their own published "shooting incidents" makes using them as a foundation for one's belief system as an idol with definite clay feet.

And here you sit projecting your failure on others.

As far as NAWAC is concerned I have little interest in their stories

In over 35 years of hunting I have never once fired a shot at anything that was not clearly identified and well within my capabilities

The fact that you took part in a scenario where you fired a shot that missed and your partner wounded an animal that neither of you seemed to have put enough effort in recovering it is no reason to assume others will do the same

In 35 years of hunting, you never missed a shot?

BTW, after the Louisiana experience I/we never took part in a situation where we didn't have total control of the logistics.

^^^^

This from a guy that did not know a father and son couldn't sit in a duck blind together????

Pfffstt

Edited by norseman

BFF Patron

Its gonna be tall, hairy, bulky, lack clothes and shoes hair color may vary and has a cone shaped head...........sound about right?

No go's for me.

1) I dont have a good shot. Its either coming home with me or Im not taking the shot. Killing one to preserve and recognize the species IS justified. Wounding it and losing it is not. But in the worst case scenario that I do wound one? I will do everything in my power to promptly put it out of its misery. Or Bigfoot army will put me out of my misery......... (Sasfooty has some one to root for)

2) Long range shots are too hard to determine if your being hoaxed by some jerk in a suit.

3) Size.......if its obviously NOT 800lbs????? More man sized? Im not taking the shot. See above.

4) If I get one on the ground? Im not marking it on my GPS and going for help...... If I cannot get it out in one go? which would require two mules and a lot of vicks vabor rub? Im not leaving without securing body parts that will stand in as a type specimen. ( you can read Grover Krantz's book for the gory details)

5) Its going to a university, part of it will remain hidden just in case. I will take my whooping like a man if I Have it coming no matter what it is. And will advocate protection of the species just as soon as its recognized. If I recieve money from the death of the creature I would use that money to help the species.

RIGHT?

The forest shamans may get mad at me and turn my gun off!!! That would suck!

Number 1 above will not work of there is more than one of them in the area.     Shoot the first one and you will be defending yourself from that point on.   Two of my encounters there were more than one and they were working together on at least an animal pack level. 

^^^^

This from a guy that did not know a father and son couldn't sit in a duck blind together????

Pfffstt

One day, whilst sitting in a duckblind with my son, we were discussing dudes that postured themselves as duckhunters yet they couldn't Identify birds (by species) on the wing, couldn't call ducks and were lousy at trying to shoot a duck. Kinda like a lot of so-called BF hunters.

BTW, got Ignore List yet?

• Upvote 1

Norseman

Do you have a team actively trying to dispatch a species now as we write on this? or is it you that will be doing the dispatching? The reason I say this that it has been awhile that you have been writing about how you will be killing one of these beings. I have no problem with this idea of killing one as long as it is not me doing the killing. I do wish you the best of luck on this monumental task and I have an idea that you will not get close, but good luck.

I have another question and that is about this curse of getting a visual on them. I have also heard of people getting ill after their up close encounters, I mean of developing illnesses after their encounter. So is this the curse that happens after a encounter.

Now I have sat in tree stands even twice have felt very uncomfortable in them when these creatures are involve or around. Have sat inside ground blinds with bait for deer and felt then knocking and have felt them, giving me this dread of fear that if I stayed there "That I would Die" In other words I felt that I was being hunted. These creatures will turn the table on you and let you know it. They will put fear in you. They are not what we believe that they are.

BFF Patron

One day, whilst sitting in a duckblind with my son, we were discussing dudes that postured themselves as duckhunters yet they couldn't Identify birds (by species) on the wing, couldn't call ducks and were lousy at trying to shoot a duck. Kinda like a lot of so-called BF hunters.

BTW, got Ignore List yet?

The same kind of hunters shoot cows or each other because they think they are deer. 

Guest Crowlogic

As the Justin Smeja case develops it is beginning to seem more like a well crafted scam.  So now there's a documentary some guy is doing.  None of it impresses me.

. They are not what we believe that they are.

very interesting... most theories have them as either  ape , human, or possibly even paranormal. if not those , what would you suggest they might be ?

Guest Crowlogic

Norseman

Do you have a team actively trying to dispatch a species now as we write on this? or is it you that will be doing the dispatching? The reason I say this that it has been awhile that you have been writing about how you will be killing one of these beings. I have no problem with this idea of killing one as long as it is not me doing the killing. I do wish you the best of luck on this monumental task and I have an idea that you will not get close, but good luck.

I have another question and that is about this curse of getting a visual on them. I have also heard of people getting ill after their up close encounters, I mean of developing illnesses after their encounter. So is this the curse that happens after a encounter.

Now I have sat in tree stands even twice have felt very uncomfortable in them when these creatures are involve or around. Have sat inside ground blinds with bait for deer and felt then knocking and have felt them, giving me this dread of fear that if I stayed there "That I would Die" In other words I felt that I was being hunted. These creatures will turn the table on you and let you know it. They will put fear in you. They are not what we believe that they are.

As far as all those fears and OMG I'll die if I stay  I'll quote from the first Star Wars movie. " Ancient weapons and hokey religions are fine kid but nothing beats a good blaster."

Edited by Crowlogic

Norseman

Do you have a team actively trying to dispatch a species now as we write on this? or is it you that will be doing the dispatching? The reason I say this that it has been awhile that you have been writing about how you will be killing one of these beings. I have no problem with this idea of killing one as long as it is not me doing the killing. I do wish you the best of luck on this monumental task and I have an idea that you will not get close, but good luck.

I have another question and that is about this curse of getting a visual on them. I have also heard of people getting ill after their up close encounters, I mean of developing illnesses after their encounter. So is this the curse that happens after a encounter.

Now I have sat in tree stands even twice have felt very uncomfortable in them when these creatures are involve or around. Have sat inside ground blinds with bait for deer and felt then knocking and have felt them, giving me this dread of fear that if I stayed there "That I would Die" In other words I felt that I was being hunted. These creatures will turn the table on you and let you know it. They will put fear in you. They are not what we believe that they are.

Specimen, not species.

Project Grendel is just a website were pro kill minded people talk about things and bounce ideas and experiences around. It's a grass roots approach where individuals get out when they can where they can. And they share with the group, no egos or anything like that.

Sasquatch or no I've met a lot of really cool people involved in this.

I personally work in the oilfield and only get out when I get home. My favorite activity is hitching up the horse trailer and riding logging roads and trails. I also bring along my predator call lanyard and see what I can call in.

As to your last part I don't believe in curses. And I definitely think they are something that can do you harm. It's best to be prepared, for both daylight and dark time.

very interesting... most theories have them as either  ape , human, or possibly even paranormal. if not those , what would you suggest they might be ?

Doc

My opinion is that they are some type of ancient people with abilities that we have no understanding of yet!  (YET) The paranormal stuff is what I am talking about no understanding Yet. Could they be a spirit maybe, all I know is what I have encountered was not normal and what I have experience is some thing I cannot believe if I did not experience it my self. 

Specimen, not species.

Project Grendel is just a website were pro kill minded people talk about things and bounce ideas and experiences around. It's a grass roots approach where individuals get out when they can where they can. And they share with the group, no egos or anything like that.

Sasquatch or no I've met a lot of really cool people involved in this.

I personally work in the oilfield and only get out when I get home. My favorite activity is hitching up the horse trailer and riding logging roads and trails. I also bring along my predator call lanyard and see what I can call in.

As to your last part I don't believe in curses. And I definitely think they are something that can do you harm. It's best to be prepared, for both daylight and dark time.

My belief at first with my first encounter was for major profit. So I tried hard to get as much proof as I could about these creatures and yes I did have a big ego. But as time went by and I started learning about them. My ego subsided and I could no longer be like others who wanted proof to share with the world. Then the weird stuff started happening to me and there was no way to escape what I was being taught, (Yes did I say that) It was a teaching about nature. I was from the city when I started my own research of wanting to know the truth. No idea on how the forest operated at night or during the day. So I started deer hunting so that I could get in touch with nature and learn about the natural noises the forest makes. That is when I started to find signs of the presences of these creatures. They made contact with me not me making contact with them.

Believe me I tried my hardest to not have an encounter with these creatures. I ignored all the signs to the point where they no longer could be ignored. I sat in my tree stand with my bow and I did think of placing a shot in one of these creatures if the shot was ever presented. But they never came into site of my bow. But they did place fear in me and I felt very unsafe. What scared me the most was when I decided to try that mind thing one evening. I swear that I thought in my head and projected that thought to these creatures for them to bring me deer. Next thing that I know at around sunset right when it was getting dark these two does came into view. That is not what scared the crap out me ,it was the heavy breathing that I heard right next me as though some one was running for a long time and breathing hard. The bad part is that this creature was on the trail I need to get back to where I parked my truck. That was scary, Yes I walked out fully loaded with my bow and an arrow ready to fire in the dark. I felt very vulnerable and that was not the only time and felt that if they wanted to kill me they could at any time. This is when I learned that this group was willing to give me a chance to under stand them.

I think what I am trying to say is that if you are going out to kill one be very care full, do not let your intentions be known. I have no problem with what you are trying to do. Bringing in proof would do me perfect cause then I can say that I told all you so. But be care full and good luck.