Screams, Howls, Cries And Other Sounds.

Woodslore

WOW! Northern Lights, that recording (or the piece you pointed us to) is spectacular. I'm not a wolf expert (or any kind of expert), but that rising and falling "wooooo" at the end seals the deal for me. Really great stuff. 

The 14:55 to 17 segment is the most telling segment. Animals running toward the recorder on crusted snow, with a slight echo through the trees, breaking branches as they get closer. Then at about 1:36 a howl, they stop to listen. 1:42 whines and panting then they move away.

If the person who recorded this had done a circle maybe 50 to 80yrds out from the recorder upon his return he would have found the tracks of a pair of wolves.

That constant shuffling noise at the recorder is snow flakes falling on the recorder.

Guest FootDude

I've posted this several times before, but it's been at least six months so I will do it again.

Have a listen and see if this sounds like anything you've heard the neighbor dog produce.  

If you don't want to listen to the whole thing, please scroll down to the section marked "8:30 to 12 minutes" and make sure you listen until the end.

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/march-2012-minnesota-howls/

Northern in my mind along with the Sierra sounds, these are some of the most compelling howls and vocalizations ever recorded.

After listening to the clip at 17-19 minutes, imo these are either faked or howls from an unknown hominid type creature.

When taking into account that the research team strongly vouched for the integrity of the researcher who recorded the sounds, I tend towards strongly believing many of these sounds are the vocalizations of bigfoot.

BTW for everyone who is not aware, these vocalizations were discussed here about 2 years ago in another thread.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/34944-minnesota-howls-23-minutes/

Edited by FootDude

Did anyone take them to have them analyzed to rule out wolves? I think the human psyche is hardwired with an instinctual fear of wolves and it could be that fear that creates that sense of anxiety when you hear these particular kinds of clips. If you've only heard wolves on National Geographic specials it would be easy to misidentify.

To my knowledge, this recording has not been submitted to a wolf expert and here is why.  Our group has submitted other recordings to wolf experts and their response has been (and I'm paraphrasing) "Doesn't sound like a wolf, but since there isn't anything else in that region that makes those sounds, must be a wolf.  Just doesn't sound like one."

They absolutely refuse to even hint it might be a squatch, so their only alternative is to say wolf, even though they acknowledge it doesn't have wolf characteristics.  

I encourage you to give it a shot.  Download a copy and send it off and see why type of response you get.  Maybe you'll find an expert that will agree with your assessment and I would be more than willing to hear their review.  

Guest Divergent1

To my knowledge, this recording has not been submitted to a wolf expert and here is why.  Our group has submitted other recordings to wolf experts and their response has been (and I'm paraphrasing) "Doesn't sound like a wolf, but since there isn't anything else in that region that makes those sounds, must be a wolf.  Just doesn't sound like one."

They absolutely refuse to even hint it might be a squatch, so their only alternative is to say wolf, even though they acknowledge it doesn't have wolf characteristics.  

I encourage you to give it a shot.  Download a copy and send it off and see why type of response you get.  Maybe you'll find an expert that will agree with your assessment and I would be more than willing to hear their review.  

I was thinking more along the lines of an actual analysis, running recordings of wolf howls to see what kind of oscillations register compared to these sound clips. Are they yours or are they copyrighted?

I agree with BigTreeWalker's assessment. The crackling is sleet hitting the recorder with the wolves in the background, some closer than others to the recorder. It's just an opinion.

Edited by Divergent1

Divergent1-Let me take a step back here.  I want you to know that I absolutely respect your opinion on this particular recording and if I came off sounding like anything less then I truly apologize.  

Our group does own the recording but it does not have a copyright on it.  Our goal is to share everything we have with the community in the effort to help us all better understand the big guy.  All we ask is for credit when it gets shared.

Regarding the analysis, here is something a colleague did, breaking down the entire recording and taking out the down periods.  He has it down to 9 minutes along with his assessment.  It isn't what you were indicating above, but this guy does a lot of audio work.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmWXp3jAKoI

It's pretty well done.  Thanks for taking the time to listen and take care. 

Guest Divergent1

I wish I had the tech capability to run that clip against the catalog some of these programs have.

Not to be rude but the idea of this topic was to ask the question if the sounds people have heard matched "known" Sasquatch vocalizations. If sounds such as the Ohio howl or then California speech sounded similar or matched sounds you or witnesses inverviewed by you have heard. Also to ask if the suspected sasquatch sounds could place the thought of "this must be a sasquatch" in our minds when we hear a noise that seems out of place or strange in the woods or such areas. It was not intended to be is this sound a wolf a dog a cow a drunk or Sasquatch. Though that is an area for contemplation and should be examined it was not intended to be the focus of this topic. It was meant to be a more personal observation. Do the sounds match in your view? Did they match what you heard? Thank you for you posts in this topic and I am thankful for your imputed. please keep posting.

Not to be rude but the idea of this topic was to ask the question if the sounds people have heard matched "known" Sasquatch vocalizations.

For me the answer is yes, but with the caveat that an exact match would be cause to consider the "known" vocalization was being broadcasted, and some that I've heard and recorded before have been dismissed on this criteria. Some of the "known" recorded vocalizations have signatures in the formants that come through, even in the recordings.

Here's one that I recorded from my bedroom window & heard regularly for a few years. To me there was no doubt about what it was. I've never heard another one exactly like it.

• Upvote 1

Sounds pretty close and so clear. Great recording and I have to ask a question.  Did a train come through shortly after the serenade?? 

I wish I could hear the recording better, I have owned wolves since 2006 <timber> So I am familiar with the different pitches, like I said, wish I could hear it better. I have a recording I'll post if I could find it that was definitely not a wolf.