Screams, Howls, Cries And Other Sounds.

Woodslore

Having talked to Bob Gimlin (with Magni Aesir) at length, I am convinced that he was the mark of the greatest con job in history -- or Roger and Bob captured an unknown primate on film.

Not disagreeing, but I'd add that the "con" idea has one major drawback ... anyone trying to con Bob was walking into the business end of that .30-'06 he was packing.   That's taking pretty high risk of a dirt nap.

MIB

Edited by MIB

I have to concur with JasonC on this matter. One can speculate as to the origin of some sound recordings but in the end that is all you have, speculation.  However if you have an area which you be leave may have a Sasquatch near by, due to recordings of vocalizations in that area. Then that is a good excuse to research that area even more, in order to try and get viable evidence that a Sasquatch is responsible. such a scenario i was involved with in 2006 which has become known as the Chehalis sounds.  The whole reason myself and others were so interested in the first place was the similarity with the Puyallup recordings, the klamath recordings, etc, etc. Well on April 5th 2006 we saw what made them. It was a coyote.  It took 3 weeks since the first recordings by concerned home owners till the day we saw the source of those incredible vocals.  Never assume anything. search for an answer but never assume that a Sasquatch is the only possibility because the reality is evidence is required. Of course once you do see a Sasquatch emitting the sounds, the sounds most likely won't seem all that important any more. Especially if you manage to get footage of it.

Thomas Steenburg

Hi Steenburg,

Did you happen to get the coyote making the Chehalis Sound vocalization on video?

I watched your, The Sasquatch Files- Bigfoot Howls? Solved! video. But I didn't see the coyote that you claim you saw making the Chehalis Sounds or any other vocalizations in it. If you have the coyote on video making the Chehalis Sound vocalization I would love to see it!

Thanks

Not disagreeing, but I'd add that the "con" idea has one major drawback ... anyone trying to con Bob was walking into the business end of that .30-'06 he was packing.   That's taking pretty high risk of a dirt nap.

MIB

MIB I have to agree. You'd have to be a pretty big idiot to let your mark carry a rifle and ask them to cover you while you filmed. If he would have shot then it would have been a complete crap storm. Know a person 100 years and still when facing what they cannot explain away or comprehend and everything you knw about them can fly out the window, or in this case the muzzle. 

The let's-get-shot! deal is one thing skeptics don't seem to be clarifying for me.  People must wanna flat die much worse than I thought.

Edited by DWA

IMO, you don't need verified sounds to work on, you just need something highly unlikely to be a known critter.  Otherwise we get into one of those skeptic stupid fests where we get told things like "Well you CAN'T follow the footprints because they've never been verified..." then next week they'll be all "Well why come nobody found one at the end of the footprints" 

And if I am that close, I am coming away with video.  1080p HD video, with an audio of me screaming like a little bitc girl.

Do what Patterson did, practice quick draw with the camera, out and filming in seconds. There's typically not going to be time to think "Wow, is that really what I think it is, perhaps I'd better put my pack down and dig out my camera, set up the tripod and take a good steady picture." let alone do it. .... I try to drill myself with that, but I'm not real happy with how long my cameras take to be ready. 

Our digital technology is nice. It doesn't cost us anything to take the pictures, only if we get one developed. However, give me a good old film loaded SLR for speed. It takes work to get good pictures with our modern technology. They focus on the wrong things, good for blobsquatches. Our cell phones are all wide angle for taking selfies, tinysquatches. Take forever to power up, or shutoff at the most inopportune times, or the battery is dead, no squatches.

Ain't technology great!

Jason C. You ask for video of SAS making a vocal,but also state that you wouldn't be convinced until you saw one yourself. So,in your opinion, would the vocal ever truly be verified?

Flashman, he has no need to practice fast draw. When afield, Jason C usually has his still/video camera mounted on the end of his collapsable aluminum walking stick-monopod. As of our last outing, it's now a Go-Pro sitting there. He is prepared!

Steenburg does the same. I gotta get me that set-up.

Edited by BC witness

I know of someone who once suggested I get one of those barrel mounts for a go pro when I deer hunt. This I don't think would be a bad idea.

Flashman, he has no need to practice fast draw. When afield, Jason C usually has his still/video camera mounted on the end of his collapsable aluminum walking stick-monopod. As of our last outing, it's now a Go-Pro sitting there. He is prepared!

Steenburg does the same. I gotta get me that set-up.

Actually, I've been looking for the same, hiking stick/monopod.... not sure I like Go-Pros for "the money shot", too wide angle, good to put on your head and keep rolling though.

As far as your assertion that sasquatch "have some phonologic capacity to produce human sounding language" and that it has been demonstrated numerous times is quite stunning...

I am still trying to figure out if they exist and find definitive scientific proof of that.

The cart is clearly before the horse when it comes to: language, habituation, tree structures, gifting and ultrasound.  Right now all of those subjects are mere speculation.

I sometimes wonder if it would do this thread and discussion any good to actually present the full collection of recordings made over the years and show interested parties where and how to identify and understand what is significant in them. I often feel it would either end in a battle of wits before the first point gets across, particularly when the assertion made up front is that you can't know anything without seeing the vocalist, or it would go over too many peoples heads, or they wouldn't read the reference material, or they wouldn't comprehend it.

• Upvote 2

No not all of them. Those that are recorded by other people are down loaded to my computer and separate hard drive. I would have get permissions to present some of them here.

I have a few good ones and some that are very hard to hear through all the insect noise etc. My favorites are the yahoo vocalizations from the eastern part of the country and the south for obvious reasons.