Screams, Howls, Cries And Other Sounds.

Woodslore

BFF Patron

Made contact with what?  Respectfully, unless you see what is making the sounds, you can't testify to what is making it.

I have heard those recordings before, and while compelling and as you said dramatic, the UNLV conclusions were that they "could have been produced by a human male."  Therefore they must be excluded as evidence of sasquatch.  Stevens Pass is not remote -- and is only 3 hours from two major cities that have millions of people that relish the outdoors.

Shows like "Finding Bigfoot" and "Survivorman: Bigfoot" have only added to the problems.  Now everyone is out in the woods hooting, whooping and knocking on trees.  The likelyhood of having another bigfoot enthusiast, whoop back in response has shot up remarkably.

As far as your assertion that sasquatch "have some phonologic capacity to produce human sounding language" and that it has been demonstrated numerous times is quite stunning...

I am still trying to figure out if they exist and find definitive scientific proof of that.

The cart is clearly before the horse when it comes to: language, habituation, tree structures, gifting and ultrasound.  Right now all of those subjects are mere speculation.

With all due respect, I have had my perssonal sighitng in an area in which I had set up a research protocol which included dropped recorders, temporarily lost recorders and set recording stations.  I base my comments on experience not assumptions or figments of one's imagination.  

That said if you have problems with so much of the situational evidence WRT Sasquatch then maybe you have research to do.   Possibly even field research.  

Southernyahoo that is a big 10-4, you obviously have been in the trenches and get it.   Just because we all can't descend on a pile of munched elk bones doesn't mean we don't have more than a story to tell, goes without saying.  

Made contact with what?  Respectfully, unless you see what is making the sounds, you can't testify to what is making it.

I have heard those recordings before, and while compelling and as you said dramatic, the UNLV conclusions were that they "could have been produced by a human male."  Therefore they must be excluded as evidence of sasquatch.  Stevens Pass is not remote -- and is only 3 hours from two major cities that have millions of people that relish the outdoors.

Shows like "Finding Bigfoot" and "Survivorman: Bigfoot" have only added to the problems.  Now everyone is out in the woods hooting, whooping and knocking on trees.  The likelyhood of having another bigfoot enthusiast, whoop back in response has shot up remarkably.

As far as your assertion that sasquatch "have some phonologic capacity to produce human sounding language" and that it has been demonstrated numerous times is quite stunning...

I am still trying to figure out if they exist and find definitive scientific proof of that.

The cart is clearly before the horse when it comes to: language, habituation, tree structures, gifting and ultrasound.  Right now all of those subjects are mere speculation.

I have to concur with JasonC on this matter. One can speculate as to the origin of some sound recordings but in the end that is all you have, speculation.  However if you have an area which you be leave may have a Sasquatch near by, due to recordings of vocalizations in that area. Then that is a good excuse to research that area even more, in order to try and get viable evidence that a Sasquatch is responsible. such a scenario i was involved with in 2006 which has become known as the Chehalis sounds.  The whole reason myself and others were so interested in the first place was the similarity with the Puyallup recordings, the klamath recordings, etc, etc. Well on April 5th 2006 we saw what made them. It was a coyote.  It took 3 weeks since the first recordings by concerned home owners till the day we saw the source of those incredible vocals.  Never assume anything. search for an answer but never assume that a Sasquatch is the only possibility because the reality is evidence is required. Of course once you do see a Sasquatch emitting the sounds, the sounds most likely won't seem all that important any more. Especially if you manage to get footage of it.

Thomas Steenburg

BFF Patron

Yes, and your research figuring out coyote was laudable and cool.   I can guarantee I don't have coyote recordings that I am deliberating.  Science is still lacking a satisfactory response to some of the recordings submitted.  Sometimes science doesn't even respond to submitted recordings.  

Based on my brief google look up , it looks like several universities are creating catalogs for various bird calls and other mammal sounds. It shouldn't be too hard to compare the two.

I guess you need to take that up with the biologists and ornithologists that regularly record animal and bird sounds.

https://sites.google.com/site/mongahela/

Here are bioacoustic signatures from various animals and suspected sasquatch sounds.

Thomas, does your coyote recording have a bioacoustic file? It would be interesting to compare to other various coyotes.

I wasn't saying that people hadn't heard our recorded sasquatch. Maybe I have heard one, I don't know. Only that I couldn't identify the animal that made the sounds I heard.

Several recordings I've listened to that were attributed to bigfoot were various coyote howls as Thomas Steenburg discovered with the Chehalis howls. My post was mostly directed to the Minnesota howls. I went to their website and read all the interpretations of the sounds on that recording. I can honestly say they are hearing what they want to hear. I discussed them in a previous post very straightforward, very easy sounds to hear. Wolves running through the snow in the woods, breaking sticks as they go. Whining and panting at one point. Very easy to hear. Not chest slapping as mentioned on the website. Hey regardless whether bigfoot exists in Northern Minnesota or not, wolves do! And it was March, that is wolf mating season. Your going to hear some strange and odd howling at that time of year. I even suggested a way the person recording could have been more certain about what was near his recorder by circling out around it instead of walking straight to it. I even got accused in a round about way of calling that person a hoaxer. Which I am sure he isn't. By his own admission he didn't know what he had.

Don't much care for the innuendo that I don't know what I am talking about if it doesn't pertain to bones. My statements were not aimed at anyone's experiences. They were about sounds on a recording.

With all due respect, I have had my perssonal sighitng in an area in which I had set up a research protocol which included dropped recorders, temporarily lost recorders and set recording stations.  I base my comments on experience not assumptions or figments of one's imagination.  

That said if you have problems with so much of the situational evidence WRT Sasquatch then maybe you have research to do.   Possibly even field research.  

Southernyahoo that is a big 10-4, you obviously have been in the trenches and get it.   Just because we all can't descend on a pile of munched elk bones doesn't mean we don't have more than a story to tell, goes without saying.

actually Jason gets out in the field on a regular basis

I always get a chuckle out of people that suggest others need to get out in the field more, just because that person doesn't agree with a "knower"

If the time ever comes that a "knower" presents a piece of evidence that doesn't have as it's main support "believe me, I have no reason to lie" or "if you heard them as much as I have and that is not a (insert common animals name here), but a sasquatch imitating one"

Then maybe I would give their conclusions the same weight as a recognized expert comparing clear recordings against known species, which other recognized experts can independently confirm

BFF Patron

^ still doesn't mean he doesn't have research to do.........    I covered those bases.  

Don't expect a cheering section from defenders of the Maple Leaf either. I didn't say I was an expert or ding anybody.

I know what I have and share with other sound recordists. 

When your sound recording protocol has lasted five or more years get back to me.  Maybe we can compare some notes someday.  

My personal opinion about wolf calls and coyotes is that usually it is not a Sasquatch imitating them it is WYSIWYG

Edited by bipedalist

And when you produce evidence that meets the criteria I mentioned then I will get back to you

If you have that evidence and have shared it I must have missed it

I cannot count the number of reports I have read in which the witness either was played back an alleged bigfoot vocalization by an investigator, or heard the sound on a TV program; the hair went up on the neck; and the reaction:

That is precisely what I heard.

Don't expect a cheering section from defenders of the Maple Leaf either. I didn't say I was an expert or ding anybody.

Might be a bad time to say I am a leafs fan then eh? Though I do think they need a major overhaul. 

Guest Divergent1

https://sites.google.com/site/mongahela/

Here are bioacoustic signatures from various animals and suspected sasquatch sounds.

Thomas, does your coyote recording have a bioacoustic file? It would be interesting to compare to other various coyotes.

How do I use the site? Do I just click on the menu to the left and it will have the comparisons?

On the bottom left side are the bioacoustic signatures of various animals. They don't have side by side comparisons to unknown vocals.

I guess you need to take that up with the biologists and ornithologists that regularly record animal and bird sounds.

The recorded sounds are from known animals.  The scientists have something to reference it to.  Since sasquatch are unknown to science, and since there are no known and verifiable recordings -- scientists have nothing to reference.

Southernyahoo that is a big 10-4, you obviously have been in the trenches and get it.  

What known, verifiable recordings of a sasquatch are you using as a reference for your "research protocol"?  To my knowledge -- and the knowledge of the researchers and scientists I personally know, a verifiable recording doesn't exist.

I can guarantee I don't have coyote recordings that I am deliberating.  Science is still lacking a satisfactory response to some of the recordings submitted.  Sometimes science doesn't even respond to submitted recordings.  

How can you guarantee that, if you can't see what is making the sounds!!?  And if you can see what is making the sounds, such as the sasquatch you purport, then by all means take some video of it making the sound!

There is a reason that science isn't responding to your submitted recordings.

^ still doesn't mean he doesn't have research to do.........    I covered those bases.  

I know what I have and share with other sound recordists. 

When your sound recording protocol has lasted five or more years get back to me.  Maybe we can compare some notes someday.  

My personal opinion about wolf calls and coyotes is that usually it is not a Sasquatch imitating them it is WYSIWYG

Personal attacks aside, I do not call myself a researcher.  I am a naturalist with an investigative background.  In fact, I am skeptical that they exist.  I would have to see one up close and personal in order to be convinced.

How close?

About as close as Bob Gimlin was...  Closer if possible.  Close enough that I would be in fear of my life.

And if I am that close, I am coming away with video.  1080p HD video, with an audio of me screaming like a little bitc girl.

So why does a skeptic like myself go out in the woods each week looking for evidence, and/or investigate reports?  Because it is a mystery that needs solving one way or another. 

Having talked to Bob Gimlin (with Magni Aesir) at length, I am convinced that he was the mark of the greatest con job in history -- or Roger and Bob captured an unknown primate on film.