Sasquatch Ontario Kaput!

Guest SoFla

^^^This.

There are plenty of good hoax markers out there; most stuff that gets wide public distribution exhibits one or more.  The reason this topic gets the reception it does from the scientific community and the media is the public crap, not the quiet building of forensic evidence and eyewitness testimony.

While I understand why you feel that way, I hold out hope that the creature will indeed eventually be discovered. However, I doubt that grandiose claims by OS and those like him will facilitate that event.

There are just too many reasonable sounding accounts out there from people with no reason to exaggerate. They have too much to lose, like their social standings, credibility, and employment.

Actually, it's the claims made by those that embellish that make it difficult for people such as those to come forward. There's been a stigma placed on the phenomenon by those making outlandish claims as fact. Nobody wants to be associated with a topic that's ladened with such claims.

With all due respect... you have absolutely no idea what will facilitate that event, and for those who have had or are honest with their (what you might call) UNreasonable accounts or embelishments know very well between themselves just how silly your aparent voice of reason is in this regard. As for your claims of nobodies and outlandishness I would caution you on your use of such absolutes as a walk towards the line of foolishness and your determining though your own limited experiece what deems a thing outlandish I find to be full of an equal dose of hubris.

• Upvote 2

With equally due respect, I'll just say that you have no idea if the events are even true, especially if you yourself are completely honest. How do you dare claim any silliness you feel I may have due to what I might or might not have experienced?

How silly are your blanket assessments of what you feel I believe, or what I may believe, based on your completely unsubstantiated viewpoint? Pot, meet Kettle! LOL!

All any one of you "Knowers" has to do is present evidence of what you claim, and that goes for you, OS, or anyone else, for that matter. Oh, and don't hide behind the claim that we just won't understand because we're not "enlightened." We'll never know how enlightened you are until you and those in your camp stop making empty, unproven claims and enlighten us.

You guys can rock the Bigfoot world anytime. What's that? You don't care about enlightening us? Well then, until you do your claims and your opinion are certainly no better than my own. In fact, I bet that my silly voice of reason is at least as reasonable as yours.

If you want to discuss approaching the line of foolishness, I'm game. Just keep on presenting your claims as fact with that huge degree of importance you place on your supposed knowledge.

Until you have something to present other than your own unproven and unfounded opinion, I, and the majority of others, find that you yourself are displaying the proper method of displaying hubris. By the way - It's unbecoming.

We're all ready for you to teach us with your wisdom and knowledge anytime. Please, don't feel the need to protect us because we're not enlightened enough to understand. Lay it out there... you can even dumb it down and type really slow for us less enlightened individuals. You can also feel free to enlist the services of the other enlightened individuals that are part of that "Circle of Knowledge" you all belong to.

Who knows? We may also be able to learn how to have the creature communicate with us telepathically to alert us that it's placed a pine cone on a car, or be so fortunate as to have the beasts herd up our wayward kitties for us... you know, like you "enlightened" knowers do.

Oh, and if you see and communicate with those portal jumping, extraterrestrial forest folks, please send a troop of them down to Antarctica. After all, if one can crack up the frozen surface of a vast lake with a single, mighty roar, then 50 of those suckers ought to be able to take care of the icebergs in the shipping lanes.

That sounds much more useful to me than playing tic-tac-toe, drawing hand prints to trick the silly humans, and burping out someones name, don't you think?

• Upvote 2

I predict that you will come around one of these days SEE , perhaps sometime soon you will have an encounter that fits the description and need not necisarrily the answers (although you will want them) but someone who cares enough to be there to tell you you arent alone and that you arent off your meds or suggest maybe you need some meds...or that you arent unreasonable or are not embelishing or hoaxing or that you are (worthy of nobody) or outlandish in your claims or...or ....or

We each are individuals here SEE, I am not alligned in thought, belief or explanation with many of the others you so enjoy to try to lump all together in one huge seeminly cunning and clever display of ad hominem displays. I dont know who is claiming to be special here but it certainly isnt me. I feel anyone who does so is making a big mistake. I think those who really know me knows I dont think that about myself. I am not a Sasquatch priest by any stretch of the imagination nor do I wish to be or become one. Others may other I know for fact do not...lumping them all together is tactics not truth seeking.

As to what you believe.. you have stated it long ago so I am already privy to the assumption with which you proceed and engage, and I dont see where any of that position has changed which is fine you are more than entitled to it.

As to your claim of hubris toward me... trunaround is fair play ... taken from Wikepedia and the connotation I was referring to I will simply leave it to the reader to decide (if they are so moved to care ) and agree to disagree and stand by my assertions for now.

In its modern usage, hubris denotes overconfident pride and arrogance. Hubris is often associated with a lack of humility, though not always with the lack of knowledge. Those accused of hubris often come from higher social backgrounds, such as politicians or wealthy celebrities, than the accuser, who accuses them of having marginal experience with the realities of the topics they are addressing. An accusation of hubris often implies that suffering or punishment will follow, similar to the occasional pairing of hubris and nemesis in Greek mythology. The proverb "pride goeth (goes) before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall" (from the biblical Book of Proverbs, 16:18) is thought to sum up the modern use of hubris. It is also referred to as "pride that blinds", as it often causes one accused of hubris to act in foolish ways that belie common sense.[5] In other words, the modern definition may be thought of as, "that pride that goes just before the fall". More recently, in his two-volume biography of Adolf Hitler, historian Ian Kershaw uses both 'hubris' and 'nemesis' as titles. The first volume, Hubris,[6] describes Hitler's early life and rise to power. The second, Nemesis,[7] gives details of Hitler's role in the Second World War, and concludes with his fall and suicide in 1945.

Examples of hubris are often found in fiction, most famously in Paradise Lost: John Milton's depiction of the biblical Lucifer. (Who attempts to wrest power from God, is cast down to hell, and proclaims: "It's better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven.") Chinua Achebe's novel Things Fall Apart has been called a modern Greek tragedy, and the main character Okonkwo is a classic tragic hero whose hubris leads to his downfall. Victor in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein manifests hubris in his attempt to become a great scientist by creating life through technological means, but eventually regrets this previous desire. Marlowe's play Doctor Faustus portrays the eponymous character as a scholar whose arrogance and pride compel him to sign a deal with the Devil, and retain his haughtiness until his death and damnation, despite the fact that he could easily have repented had he chosen to do so.

Edited by ThePhaige
  • Upvote 1

It's all good. If you want to defend OS's findings, feel free. After all, that is the topic of discussion here. I don't recall singling anyone else out unless they're doing similarly - Presenting spectacular claims without substantiation..

Sorry, but I'm just not that easy.

If I do have an experience such as playing tic-tac-toe with Sasquatch I'll do my best to document it for everyone. After all - If OS's unsubstantiated claims and unfounded word alone aren't deemed sufficient, I'd expect no different.

If the real thing hasn't been brought in by now it isn't going to be brought in.

Many may already have, just not brought in pubicly.

I would like to add as well, personally, I'm past the 'proof' stage for the most part.  Sure if I can get some, I'll take it, but when I go out (rarely now unfortunately), it is for my own personal experience.  To join the 'knower' crowd if you will.

At this time however, I'm just a proponent, trying to beat the pro-BF drum best I can.

If the real thing hasn't been brought in by now it isn't going to be brought in.

One might as well say, "science needs to stop.  If we haven't discovered it by now we never will."  It is the precise same sentiment.

Didnt KB Hunter just come face to face with a large living male. I think that's more convincing than a dead one which could always be some phony taxidermy like some of the supposed missing links science has used for proof for evolution I have heard many say that KBs word is as good as it gets, He also vouches for the intelligence that many others allude to and testify among other things... This is akin to one of our very own members being a liaison with Sas if you will... how does his testimony factor into the conversation? Or does he lump into some group of undesirables that are part of this alleged stigma ?

Consider that post plussed. If they ever give my right to plus back, I'll give you a real one. :)

They took your right to plus away? Tell you what, have a squatch telepathically tell me which post you want plussed, and I'll do it for you. As a premium member I have a lot of them.

Edited by Rockape
  • Upvote 4

Didnt KB Hunter just come face to face with a large living male. I think that's more convincing than a dead one which could always be some phony taxidermy like some of the supposed missing links science has used for proof for evolution I have heard many say that KBs word is as good as it gets, He also vouches for the intelligence that many others allude to and testify among other things... This is akin to one of our very own members being a liaison with Sas if you will... how does his testimony factor into the conversation? Or does he lump into some group of undesirables that are part of this alleged stigma ?

Let me get this straight.  You think a claim of seeing one is better than a dead one.  A dead one that can be examined and seen to not be fake, but a real flesh and blood creature?  You also think that scientists concoct fake bodies using taxidermy to show proof of evolution?

• Upvote 2

Guest Crowlogic

Many may already have, just not brought in pubicly.

I would like to add as well, personally, I'm past the 'proof' stage for the most part.  Sure if I can get some, I'll take it, but when I go out (rarely now unfortunately), it is for my own personal experience.  To join the 'knower' crowd if you will.

At this time however, I'm just a proponent, trying to beat the pro-BF drum best I can.

I do hope you can back up the many have part.  Things like names ,dates and places are a good start..