Sasquatch Ontario Kaput!

Guest SoFla

That's not a fair assessment.  The only reason Mike has drawn criticism is because he has presented as real some evidence that cannot be what he says it is.  I know you dispute that the vocals could be fake (My recreations took 5 minutes: listen here).

But these?  Do those look like legitimate handprints?  In the video that these are from (here) he says that you can see the nails. Indeed the tips of the fingers look like nails.  Except nails don't look like that in a handprint.  Anyone with longish nails?  Steam up the mirror in your bathroom and press your hand into it.  If the nails show up, which you'd have to curl your fingers to do, they make scratch lines, not nail shapes.

I think it's obvious when looking at these that each "finger" is drawn with 2 (human) fingers.

To be clear - I am totally open to the possibility of habituation, and I do lean towards believing that sasquatch is real.  But there is some really fishy evidence coming from SO.  The handprints, tic tac toe and the drawing really stretch credibility for me.  When did sasquatch learn how to use a pen and paper? It's not an automatic skill, even for humans.  And simple symbolic representations, such as the flower, that alone is a very complex, abstract line of thinking that even humans did not have until recently.

I am not slinging mud, I'm pointing out that there are some problems with some of this evidence.  Also, jealousy has nothing to do with it.  The only thing this is about is critical thinking.

For the record laughsquatch, SO isn't the first to claim to receive things written or drawn on paper from an alledged BF.  http://www.joanocean.com/sasquatch.html

I certainly can't stand behind these people with the stranger occurences and state they are completely accurate and truthful, but if bigfoot were anything like an ordinary animal, the inexplicable would be driven away with the mundane and definitive proof. It's not anyone's fault that this doesn't happen except BF's.  

Southernyahoo, you are an impressive person. Many here understand and appreciate your words. We are lucky to have you here. 

We'll have to agree to disagree, then. 

I hope you get the validation you need. 

I know, huh?

Not directed at you at all, just so happened it was under your post... just meant same old circular arguments and reasoning. Seems as usual the voice of reason is well distant from the voice of reality. I wonder how KB is doing in his encounters.... but I also hope he uses wise judgement on what to share and what not to share.

Well, Phaige....In for a penny, in for a pound.

Sidestepping around & telling half truths gets old after awhile. It must have got old for him sooner that for some others.

Just curious, what's your opinion on a reasonable timetable with regards to extracting definitive results from a NAWAC type scenario?

Phrases such as 'reasonable timetable' and 'definitve results' may well be slightly ill-fitting with BF research!

To me investigations should be conservative with videos or updates being posted only once progress or evidence worth sharing has been found.

The researchers mentioned above, to be fair, follow this methodology quite well but are lucky enough to be presented with 'evidence' on a weekly basis. Hence the glut of vids on their sites/channels.

The Bigfoot aren't the only ones saying, "Bless their little hearts."

Many of the same folks that are buying this nonsense bought Dyer's claims, too.

Indeed the very same familiar faces. I recall taking a few warnings and erm... short BFF 'vacations' during those debates. Seems some folks won't learn from their mistakes. No wonder Dyer will be planning another dead Bigfoot adventure as we speak.

Not directed at you at all, just so happened it was under your post... just meant same old circular arguments and reasoning. Seems as usual the voice of reason is well distant from the voice of reality.

-- No worries. I understood what you meant (and agree with you). 

I wonder how KB is doing in his encounters.... but I also hope he uses wise judgement on what to share and what not to share.

-- I think he's seen it all and has good people around him.... 

Sidestepping around & telling half truths gets old after awhile. It must have got old for him sooner that for some others.

-- Maybe we're getting close to a tipping point, where everyone tires of this more quickly, and truth gets to come out of its forced confinement once and for all...... That would be so cool. 

Edited by LeafTalker

BFF Patron

The Bigfoot aren't the only ones saying, "Bless their little hearts."

Many of the same folks that are buying this nonsense bought Dyer's claims, too.

....... and Biscotti before that, and Standing after Dyer, same old same old. 

Guest OntarioSquatch

Rick Dyer had a few believers, but I'm not so sure that anyone on the BFF actually believes Mike Patterson.

Where were these same people when the NAWAC was receiving criticism? Does something have to reach a certain level of crazy before habituators and Bigfoot mind-speak people defend it?

The fish eye? That's absoLUTELY the BF playing a joke. Why do you think it couldn't be?

So if a fish is held up to a camera as part of a joke, the automatic assumption is that Bigfoot did it?

I personally think they're commenting on our mania for 'evidence',

How do they know about this? Are the Sasquatches reading the BFF?

Wouldn't you be laughing,

Oh, I'm laughing. I find this all quite funny.

Yeah I imagine with all the folks who hold him (KB) is such high esteem might find it a hard pill if he started going all paranormal on the forum and God forbid share anything that could not be substantiated as hard evidence or border on something akin to Mike Paterson. As to the Dyers of the world they are simply mechanisms for use or tools if you will. If we have done nothing else perhaps we had some small part in showing what is facing folks who come forward sharing their experience that is beyond the realm of what is considered generally natural with relation to Sasquatch. Sadly I feel though that those who embrace some ideal of goodness is coming from the Sasquatch and that they are perhaps our teachers...well Im sorry I cant help with that and they will simply have to go through what it is they are going to go through. I pray for them

For me the longer the amount of time that passes from my last encounter, several years ago, the less I really care to engage the topic...but I hang around with the belief we can help be an empathetic ear and offer perhaps some insight to the experiencer for those seeking answers. We may each have a different view on the reality, but we each know what we know and there is a value in that beyond any notoriety or the monetary. Anyone who is discouraged I would just say hang in there, all will be revealed soon enough :)

Edited by ThePhaige
  • Upvote 2

Guest Crowlogic

Why is it that we cannot have some legitimate individuals getting the attention, guys like this are the

reason skeptics surround this subject. If we are to move forward with researching this creature we need

a purging mechanism that acts a whole lot quicker, given enough of a noose these guys generally hang themselves

which is no surprise. Miiiike Miiike I hear it now, but if there is anything legit to his research he threw

it away with all the spiritualization and paranormal association, and what I would call a blatant attempt to

skew things in a certain direction. Could he have actually had Sasquatch activity, I would bet he did, but

it is very easy to misinterpret, as well as embellish.

Yes the hoaxers and fakes must go.  Back around 1963  Professional Wrestling magazine published an article by then World Champion Bruno Samartino titled "The Phonys Must Go".  The gist of the article as my 12 year old mind understood was that the fakness of some of the wrestlers was hurting the credibility of the sport.  What the article didn't say was that the sport was already entirely fake and had been for years.  But articles like condemning phony made it seem like there was a core of reality to it all.  If it all had to be suddenly real there would have been no Pro Wrestling organization left at all.  My dad used to tell us every time we watched wrestling that it was all fake but we kids needed to believe and pro wrestling needed us kids to keep believing so Bruno Samartino is going to rid them of the phonys.  Bigfootism and pro wrestling have a few things in common.

Consider that post plussed. If they ever give my right to plus back, I'll give you a real one. :)

Guest OntarioSquatch

So what will these fakers do once an actual Sasquatch body is recovered? Will they even care that their hoaxing was hurting the credibility of the real thing? I'm guessing they won't.

Guest Crowlogic

So what will these fakers do once an actual Sasquatch body is recovered? Will they even care that their hoaxing was hurting the credibility of the real thing? I'm guessing they won't.

If the real thing hasn't been brought in by now it isn't going to be brought in.