A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

Two wrongs make a right fallacy...........

yeah sure. If it makes you feel better.

The freaking duplicity that goes on here is revolting mystifying. How would you suggest I should have responded to Swamp? Please, inform me.

Guest ChasingRabbits

yeah sure. If it makes you feel better.

The freaking duplicity that goes on here is revolting mystifying. How would you suggest I should have responded to Swamp? Please, inform me.

You're dipping a toe into the argumentum ad hominem now.

I agree with you there. the duplicity that goes on here is revolting mystifying.

Maybe you could have pointed out the fallacy of his post rather than engage in the logical fallacy of ridicule.

BFF Patron

Dude, so weak. I found the Disotell episodes in about 5 minutes. No, I'm not going to spoon feed it to you. I can see how diligent you are, I will bear that in mind when I read your other claims. Can I fluff your pillow or get you a cool drink before I go?

It was a response to Swamp's repeated 66 million chant, a part of the thread, you must realize that?

You found them in 5 minutes after having some idea of what episode but did not bother to tell me what episode number?   And you expect me to search for them?    Ohh I forget, we are here to entertain you.   So sorry for letting you down.   

Argumentum ad populum. The majority can be wrong (ex. Nazi Germany).

There are approximately 320 million people here and according to Bodhi, 80 percent of the U.S. population views Sasquatch as myth right? So tell us how if you can, a person of such extraordinary means was able to conquer such a feat? I mean anyone suggesting 256 million people view Sasquatch a myth must have interviewed and surveyed each and every individual right? I mean how else could he derive such claims.  

How is it humanly possible for him to cross a country covering nearly 4 million miles of territorial landmass and interview 320 million people then compute the final results accurate enough to come on this forum presenting himself as a skeptic and offer that as fact? Lewis and Clark did it but it took them much longer.

Unless of course he  read that someplace (Gasps!) Yes that's it! Of course. (Sigh...) But I thought information written down was always false and lacking credibility? None sense ... that only applies to proponents that doesn't apply to Bodhi and his ilk.  

Let's be real can we? There is an obvious attempt to sway thought and force one side to believe what many are not willing buy. When that is made abundantly clear then the frustration builds and we begin to see these unsubstantiated claims such as I have demonstrated here. Using this 80 percent claim as a compass none of the anecdotal information and its predicate claims to Bigfoot/ Sasquatch past and present was worth the paper they were printed on and neither is this latest claim.

Isn’t that what the common reply to anecdotal articles and stories were?

Just a thought ....   

Edited by Gumshoeye

You're dipping a toe into the argumentum ad hominem now.

I agree with you there. the duplicity that goes on here is revolting mystifying.

Maybe you could have pointed out the fallacy of his post rather than engage in the logical fallacy of ridicule.

I did, when I stated that the majority opinion could be wrong. Remember?

Sheep clump together.  Bigfoot skepticism, explained.

EVERY OPPORTUNITY that a bigfoot skeptic has had to point out logically why they're right...they've done something like that instead.  Positions backed by nothing seem to lead to that a lot.

There are approximately 320 million and according to Bodhi, 80 percent of the U.S. population views Sasquatch as myth right? So tell us how if you can, a person of such extraordinary means was able to conquer such a feat? I mean anyone suggesting 256 million people view Sasquatch a myth must have interviewed and surveyed each and every individual right? I mean how else could he derive such claims.  

How is it humanly possible for him to cross a country covering nearly 4 million miles of territorial landmass and interview 320 million people then compute the final results accurate enough to come on this forum presenting himself as a skeptic and offer that as fact? Lewis and Clark did it but it took them much longer.

Unless of course he  read that someplace (Gasps!) Yes that's it! Of course. (Sigh...)

Let's be real can we? There is an obvious attempt to sway thought and force one side to believe that many are not willing buy. When that is made abundantly clear then the frustration builds and we begin to see these unsubstantiated claims such as I have demonstrated here. Using this 80 percent claim as a compass none of the anecdotal information and its predicate claims to Bigfoot/ Sasquatch past and present was worth the paper they were printed on and neither is this latest claim.

Isn’t that what the common reply to anecdotal articles and stories were?

Just a thought ....   

Just another thought, surveys. Surveys have been done on the question of belief in "bigfoot", and aliens and elvis and a host of other weird beliefs. It would take exactly one google search to confirm the 80% figure, please dear sir, do that one google search.

Since this is the "where are we 50 post the PGF" thread and we are at 80% disbelief I will posit that neither the search for sasquatch nor the ability of believers to win over the populace have gained much traction (even with the number of "bigfoot" shows on television).

There is a great divide between the two of us and our differences are many and yet through it all Bodhi, I will admit that I agree with you on this one post. Or, at least more specifically to the point that neither side has gained much traction.

There is a great divide between the two of us and our differences are many and yet through it all Bodhi, I will admit that I agree with you on this one post. Or, at least more specifically to the point that neither side has gained much traction.

I am pleased we are able to agree on that, if nothing else. happy days, Gum.

Just another thought, surveys. Surveys have been done on the question of belief in "bigfoot", and aliens and elvis and a host of other weird beliefs. It would take exactly one google search to confirm the 80% figure, please dear sir, do that one google search.

Since this is the "where are we 50 post the PGF" thread and we are at 80% disbelief I will posit that neither the search for sasquatch nor the ability of believers to win over the populace have gained much traction (even with the number of "bigfoot" shows on television).

I seem to differ from what you conclude. You know that this still leaves 20% who either believe or who are not sure. You know I might even do a survey in my state by asking people If they believe in Bigfoot. See what the results would be. with out influence to their answer. Any who or how here are some articles :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/10/24/study-democrats-are-more-likely-than-republicans-to-believe-in-fortune-telling-astrology-and-ghosts/

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/2012/09/one-third-of-americans-believe-in-bigfoot/

http://www.livescience.com/18869-bigfoot-belief-americans-canadians.html

Yep...all the footers I don't listen to.

You know the horse has left the barn, right.  All we're here for is waiting until the rest of the world recognizes the animal already scientifically confirmed.  Done deal.

Special pleading?   Interesting that you use those words since Kitakaze uses the same words all the time.    Same playbook or what? 

No I did not accept your tasking to listen to all the 64 episodes of The Bigfoot Show to find the one which you mentioned Todd Disotell was in.    The index of the shows gives no clue as to which episode that was and you sure did not provide any sort of link.

If you had typed the bigfoot show podcast you would have seen the podfeed site which has the show and summaries and thus:

hss1sp.png

If you had selected the bigfoot show.blogspot site and simply typed the word disotell, as I did, you have seen this:

2dm6n94.png

So, again, less than five minutes and there ya' go. IMO, you are choosing to be willful ignorant. And then, IMO, you made obvious excuses about why you weren't able to locate the pertinent shows. I don't care if you listen to the shows but when you imply that to find the shows requires some huge amount of work/time I am forced to refute/rebut that claim.

I am not surprised or shocked by this, I'm just disappointed..... :spiteful:

I seem to differ from what you conclude. You know that this still leaves 20% who either believe or who are not sure. You know I might even do a survey in my state by asking people If they believe in Bigfoot. See what the results would be. with out influence to their answer. Any who or how here are some articles :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/10/24/study-democrats-are-more-likely-than-republicans-to-believe-in-fortune-telling-astrology-and-ghosts/

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/2012/09/one-third-of-americans-believe-in-bigfoot/

http://www.livescience.com/18869-bigfoot-belief-americans-canadians.html

I think it would be logical that there would be regional differences. I would think that one should expect that for any topic related to beliefs. Same with worldwide differences. It would a great experiment to run such a survey, good luck if you choose to undertake one!

A bigfoot skeptic calling a proponent willfully ignorant might be the funniest thing I have read here.  It's amazing how knowledgeable one can be simply by refusing to get knowledgeable.