A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

BFF Patron

I just wasted my time listening to Disotell talking mostly about the Melba Ketchum thing on Episode 43.   She has been pretty well discounted by the bigfoot research community as not being credible.     Nothing, repeat nothing, Disotell says in any way refutes anything I have ever said about DNA.  Most of what he said actually supports statements I have made about BF DNA testing and species typing.    There is a National Genome Bank.   All samples are compared to that.        As a matter of fact the wikapedia link I provided gives far more information about species typing than Disotell did during the interview.         I jumped through Bodhi's hoops and like I thought it was just a time waster to me.    Disotell  by his own admission gets dozens of unsolicited DNA samples a week asking that they be tested.    The only testing they get is the walk to the trash can where they are thrown away.   I can understand that because it is over $200 a test.     I cannot understand, other than Disotell has never found anything that has resulted in some unknown primate species, why Bodhi even thinks what he says is significant.   All of what Disotell said was hashed over during the Melba Ketchum debacle by multiple sources.      Bodhi thinks 2012 stuff is pertinent but claims I am uninformed.       I guess since Disotell has not found anything it cannot be found?       Until someone sees a bleeding bigfoot, or gets a chunk of flesh, no one can be sure what they have is from a BF.    I would not test a hair sample from some unknown person either no do I go around in the woods, picking up hair samples to test.   The probability that any given sample is not some known species is very low.    But then if the sum total of your knowledge about a subject is what you can glean from skeptics in and out of science, I guess that what can be witnessed or found in the field is not important.   

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

Well it takes a certain amount of willful ignorance to support an outlandish idea.  So did you get that rock solid DNA result yet or a good bone or gasp a living subject?  

And I am supposed to believe something from Rational wikki for what purpose?  Good Grief Almighty!

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fairies

If you endorse pseudoscience and woo then no you should stay clear of Rational Wikki.   It certainly will take the fun out of a few things.

Your first sentence applies ...to your position.  Have you ever paused to consider the way the world would have to be for your position to be the right one?

(Hint:  your answer will loudly say "no.")

Guest OntarioSquatch

We wouldn't be any more scientifically and technologically advanced than we were thousands of years ago if everyone had the attitude and mentality of these Bigfoot-devoted "skeptics". People would still be trying to convince themselves that the world is flat.

And I am supposed to believe something from Rational wikki for what purpose?  Good Grief Almighty!

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fairies

The site really isn't very far off the mark -

• The existence of fairies bigfoot has never been disproven and consequently they should be accepted as real until such time as there is positive proof of their non-existence.
  • A belief in fairies bigfoot gives many people comfort and taking away that comfort would be cruel and could destabilize society.
  • Although many would say that the belief in fairies bigfoot is illogical or irrational, the principle of NOMA means that scientific questioning or rationality shouldn't be used to examine the fairy bigfoot question as it has spiritual or religious overtones for some people.
  • There is a conspiracy amongst scientists which involves the suppression of fairy bigfoot data.
  • Many people have given testimonials attesting to their contacts with fairies bigfoot.
  • Attempts to investigate fairies bigfoot scientifically don't properly take into account the special characteristics of fairies bigfoot which mean they cannot be properly investigated using the scientific method.
  • Many famous authors A handful of scientist have spoken about fairies bigfoot in their works.
  • Stories about fairies bigfoot or similar beings exist in all cultures; therefore there must be some truth in the idea.
  • Statistics show that people who believe in fairies bigfoot are more kind and gentle. This shows that fairies bigfoot are directly influencing their lives for good and proves the existence of fairies bigfoot.
  • People who believe in fairies are statistically more likely to give to charities care about the forests animals showing the moral superiority of fairy bigfoot belief systems.
  • There are many YouTube videos and sites on the internet which attest to the existence of fairies bigfoot.
  • I saw one myself last night. It was African American a young female and told me the location of two golden tablets buried in the ground she wanted some red beads. See thread in para-squatch section.

Sounds eerily similar to bigfootery imho.

Edited by Martin

^^ Seems spot on to me. Nicely done sir

I just wasted my time listening to Disotell talking mostly about the Melba Ketchum thing on Episode 43.   She has been pretty well discounted by the bigfoot research community as not being credible.     Nothing, repeat nothing, Disotell says in any way refutes anything I have ever said about DNA.  Most of what he said actually supports statements I have made about BF DNA testing and species typing.    There is a National Genome Bank.   All samples are compared to that.        As a matter of fact the wikapedia link I provided gives far more information about species typing than Disotell did during the interview.         I jumped through Bodhi's hoops and like I thought it was just a time waster to me.    Disotell  by his own admission gets dozens of unsolicited DNA samples a week asking that they be tested.    The only testing they get is the walk to the trash can where they are thrown away.   I can understand that because it is over $200 a test.     I cannot understand, other than Disotell has never found anything that has resulted in some unknown primate species, why Bodhi even thinks what he says is significant.   All of what Disotell said was hashed over during the Melba Ketchum debacle by multiple sources.      Bodhi thinks 2012 stuff is pertinent but claims I am uninformed.       I guess since Disotell has not found anything it cannot be found?       Until someone sees a bleeding bigfoot, or gets a chunk of flesh, no one can be sure what they have is from a BF.    I would not test a hair sample from some unknown person either no do I go around in the woods, picking up hair samples to test.   The probability that any given sample is not some known species is very low.    But then if the sum total of your knowledge about a subject is what you can glean from skeptics in and out of science, I guess that what can be witnessed or found in the field is not important.   

disotell states multiple times that there is no such thing as unknown primate. He also definitively states that no type specimen is required for dna to be useful. I'm done with correcting your obfuscation of the facts, anyone who listens to the shows will be able to hear both points for themselves.

For the quick parade of people casting stones at Crow; where is the unambiguous evidence? 50 years post patty and it's all campfire stories, blobsquatches, casts. Does the lack a single piece of scat, bone, hair, blood clear film or photo after 50 years not give anyone pause?

Are you all so invested in this that you cannot even consider that a campfire story is all that it has EVER been?

OH. That was a CAMPFIRE STORY standing in the road that night that I saw. Whew!!!

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Here I just thought it was a sasquatch.

Edited by GuyInIndiana
  • Upvote 1

We wouldn't be any more scientifically and technologically advanced than we were thousands of years ago if everyone had the attitude and mentality of these Bigfoot-devoted "skeptics". People would still be trying to convince themselves that the world is flat.

Shoot.  We'd never have gotten to hand-axes.  We wouldn't have gotten to fire.

I just love these posts that start with something like, "Aside from Patty....".

So let's, shall we, just acknowledge the most astounding piece of film in the last 100 years, and then dismiss it in the next breath? So that, ummmm, ain't bat guano crazy to you?

'kay.

It has got folks like Crow so twisted up it results in bizarre statements like, "They've gone extinct."  (Talk about a baseless leap of non-logic if ever there was one)

Do you guys practice this nonsense in front of a mirror or in chat sessions? It seriously gives rational people the urge to sidle away from you and spin a finger around one ear. Really.

[spins finger around one ear] I have never seen a place other than this where people wear ignorance as a freaking badge.

The site really isn't very far off the mark -

• The existence of fairies bigfoot has never been disproven and consequently they should be accepted as real until such time as there is positive proof of their non-existence.
  • A belief in fairies bigfoot gives many people comfort and taking away that comfort would be cruel and could destabilize society.
  • Although many would say that the belief in fairies bigfoot is illogical or irrational, the principle of NOMA means that scientific questioning or rationality shouldn't be used to examine the fairy bigfoot question as it has spiritual or religious overtones for some people.
  • There is a conspiracy amongst scientists which involves the suppression of fairy bigfoot data.
  • Many people have given testimonials attesting to their contacts with fairies bigfoot.
  • Attempts to investigate fairies bigfoot scientifically don't properly take into account the special characteristics of fairies bigfoot which mean they cannot be properly investigated using the scientific method.
  • Many famous authors A handful of scientist have spoken about fairies bigfoot in their works.
  • Stories about fairies bigfoot or similar beings exist in all cultures; therefore there must be some truth in the idea.
  • Statistics show that people who believe in fairies bigfoot are more kind and gentle. This shows that fairies bigfoot are directly influencing their lives for good and proves the existence of fairies bigfoot.
  • People who believe in fairies are statistically more likely to give to charities care about the forests animals showing the moral superiority of fairy bigfoot belief systems.
  • There are many YouTube videos and sites on the internet which attest to the existence of fairies bigfoot.
  • I saw one myself last night. It was African American a young female and told me the location of two golden tablets buried in the ground she wanted some red beads. See thread in para-squatch section.

Sounds eerily similar to bigfootery imho.

Reading is Fundamental.  But I am running out of hope for the authors of posts like this.

^^ Seems spot on to me. Nicely done sir

disotell states multiple times that there is no such thing as unknown primate. He also definitively states that no type specimen is required for dna to be useful. I'm done with correcting your obfuscation of the facts, anyone who listens to the shows will be able to hear both points for themselves.

Was "done" with thinking about this topic, long ago.

They haven't given one thought to the metric tonnes of crap they are gonna have to walk back when they know what the people paying attention have known for years. 

^ That reads exactly like something you would post..? LOL

And what does this even mean.  CRACK.A.BOOK.

For the quick parade of people casting stones at Crow; where is the unambiguous evidence? 50 years post patty and it's all campfire stories, blobsquatches, casts. Does the lack a single piece of scat, bone, hair, blood clear film or photo after 50 years not give anyone pause?

Or he could read.  And think.  Rather than waiting for someone to press something into his hand who doesn't even care what he thinks.

Are you all so invested in this that you cannot even consider that a campfire story is all that it has EVER been?  "What happens when we consider more than you."

Thousands have seen them; thousands have found tracks.  But trust me.  I'm Bodhi...[laugh track]

Edited by DWA

It means that the fairy mantra above is nearly identical to the monotonous screed you have posted 8500 times.

But I don't really expect you to understand......

Peace

Edited by Martin

Are you not paying attention?   I mean ... really?   Are you seriously suggesting I should consider my own personal experience a freakin' campfire story?   Geez o pete ...

MIB

One has gotta laugh, doesn't one?  It is much more plausible - much more, based on the evidence - that it's "Bodhi" who's the campfire story, amiright, people?

It means that the fairy mantra above is nearly identical to monotonous screed you have posted 8500 times.

But I don't really expect you to understand......

Peace

You have no idea how little you are expected to understand, based just on what we've seen now.  And you don't even know what monotonous means...because you wouldn't post if you did.

Another post they could spend giving a reasonable person reason to think they know something...and again we get this.

Have you rehearsed eating everything you've said here?  You better get on it now...but we probably won't see you then, will we.

Edited by DWA

Guest ChasingRabbits

I did, when I stated that the majority opinion could be wrong. Remember?

Yes, you did that only after you committed logic fallacies yourself.  Lie in mud with the other pigs and you will be as dirty.

Edited by ChasingRabbits