If I Was To Shoot One

ShadowBorn

I would hope that it would come to a mutual respect.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIekhk4NDA4&feature=player_detailpage

Just like the ending of this movie. Yes ,I would be in tears too knowing what I did. In the movie he shot this animal for the good of the species so that it would not be hunted no more. The people hunting these animal were these Rich investors, trophy hunters I believe but am not sure since I only seen the ending.

I seen that ending and how that creature looked at the hunter and bowed down, like saying "take me I am yours now" then he shot. At first I thought for sure that he would let it walk, but no he took the shot with out thought. Clean shot and then he took the animals ashes and spread it among the wilderness, that I thought was cool.

Kind a of makes me wonder if I am ever presented with a shot. Will I be able to take that shot like what this actor did in this movie. I have practice so much on live deer when they have come in. But have never shot at them, they were not the size I was looking for. Then I wondered that maybe these deer were sent in by them to size me up. To see the type of person I was and how I would react.The truth I have always stayed calm with the deer even when I aimed on them and drew back on bow to practice. But a Bigfoot well that could cause one to have that buck fever when that one gets when that big buck comes in for a draw. 

I wish I could have seen this movie from the beginning. It would have been nice  to have seen the whole movie. :)

Edited by ShadowBorn

Self defense, yes.

For the good of the species, that is a judgement you will have to live with for the rest of your life.  Unless you have a very well thought out plan beyond the killing, I suspect you will regret the decision.  

My 2 cents.

Guest SoFla

I truly believe that if anybody or any group is going to shoot one AND capture it's corpse it's going to be the guys from The Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Organization. They are the guys who did the show Killing Bigfoot. In fact, they have claimed to to already having killed a bigfoot in the winter after The 9/11 attacks. After they killed it the guy (Hamilton) said that his friends (the Bigfoot's friends that is) rushed in and took the body, tore it to pieces and ATE IT!

The have had shots since, but refuse to just kill one for the sake of killing one. They won't kill a female or a baby but WILL take down a male who is causing trouble and scaring women and children. This story was recounted by Bobby Hamilton of the GCBRO.

Edited by SoFla

^So they killed a Bigfoot... but another Bigfoot ate it? Lol, okay.

Those are the same guys who tried to push the phony Massacre at Bluff Creek story. I wouldn't believe those guys if my life depended on it.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1

Guest SoFla

Those are the same guys who tried to push the phony Massacre at Bluff Creek story. I wouldn't believe those guys if my life depended on it.

I'm not surprised, let me ask you the same question I asked Rockape; Do you believe in the existence of beings that are called Sasquatch, Bigfoot, and the dozens of other names given to these creatures?

Admin

I may be wrong, but I have never heard of GCBRO stating any opinion on the massacre story. I think that might be a different group. And I have heard one other account of BF cannibalism, for whatever that is worth.

I have not heard the claim about the post 911 shooting, but just on the surface, I have am not putting a lot of stock in it. Is there a link to the details?

I may be wrong, but I have never heard of GCBRO stating any opinion on the massacre story. I think that might be a different group. And I have heard one other account of BF cannibalism, for whatever that is worth.

I have not heard the claim about the post 911 shooting, but just on the surface, I have am not putting a lot of stock in it. Is there a link to the details?

Bigfoot Attacks

(1868-1869) Virginia

What really brought things to a fevered pitch was when a young man, returning from the War in very poor health, died after lingering on for several years. He was buried, at his own request, at the top of the mountain where he had often hunted. This was the same mountain considered to be the territory of the bigfoot. A day or two after the burial, his father took tools to erect a fence around his son’s grave. He found that the body of his son had been dug up and most of the flesh had been stripped to the bones. Several well-armed men gathered and combed the mountain for days. They could never find the monster. Some thought he lived in a cave that may have had a hidden entrance. The late Martha Jane Hart told me her grandfather, Jacob S. Carmack, was one of the men that went to hunt for the bigfoot. Not long after this a violent storm went through the area falling great trees. After that storm, the bigfoot was never seen again. Several years after that, hunters found a huge human like skeleton pinned under a chestnut tree that had been felled by that storm. Perhaps nature had done what man could not do.

Source: “A Bigfoot sighted near Bristol began a reign of terror,†Bud Philillips,  Bristol Herald Courier, May 8, 2004

Hunters, Bigfoot Dead

Tarrytown, Georgia

An eight foot creature that appeared “mangled†was spotted near this location. Which leads one to wonder what could mutilate an eight foot tall monster.

Source: Weird Georgia, Jim Miles/ Gordon Strasenburgh, p47

Bigfoot Attacks

February 19, 1975

Tacoma, Washington

Three Spanaway searchers combing a densely wooded hillside near Issaquah last weekend claim they found a half dozen enormous footprints. The searchers discovered what they think are Sasquatch tracks during a search for more bodies in an area where the remains of two Seattle-area women were found last summer. The searchers were Mrs. Marie Watson, a member of Northwest Bloodhounds Search and Rescue Team, her son Robert, 18, and a friend, Jay Stockwell. The trio was planning for a major search scheduled for the area next Sunday. The area was where partial remains of Janice Ott, Denise Naslund and an unidentified woman were found last summer. Mrs. Watson said the huge prints appeared to have been made with a bare foot and were imbedded an inch into the mud. She estimated they had been there a week. Robert, who wears a size 10 1/2 shoe, said the prints were six inches longer and three inches wider than his boots. The stride between tracks was much longer than a man's, he said. Mrs. Watson, a well-known and experienced Northwest tracker, said the prints definitely were not human. "They were not from human feet," she said. "The one I examined had a kind of thumb and an arch." Mrs. Watson said she was frightened by the size of the tracks and somewhat fearful since her bloodhounds had been left home. "I wasn't even thinking about a Sasquatch, and when I saw them, I thought My xxx  in Heaven," she said. Mrs. Watson isn't sure what made the deep tracks in the lonely woods above Issaquah, but something big obviously did, she said. The question is - What was it?  

Source: Searchers report huge footprints, Tacoma News Tribune, Wednesday, February 19, 1975, Wa

My biggest issue with shooting one "for the good of the species" is the question whether it would indeed be.  (Other than, of course, what I'd personally feel killing it.)

Patterson was sure his film was proof.  No one even considered it evidence, a position still held by the uninformed - most of the public would qualify along with most of the scientific community - 47 and a half years later.

I wouldn't be as sure as many people seem to be that a single specimen would make it through The Wall Of Denial.

But most people don't even seem to understand what a thick, and tall, Wall that is.

Guest SoFla

Thanks Gumshoe, I love those old reports, the cool thing about them is there IS no agenda, there IS no secret government agency or corporate interests that needed to have these stories made fun of or called hoaxes. They simply told the facts as they were given them or as they saw them to be.

Now that 1st story is the way that I think it could very well happen, some trucker hauling a late night load of timber speeding over some dark mountain pass is going to hit and kill one as it's crossing the highway. If the trucker has help he could load it up and if he's smart could become a very rich man if the government doesn't step in and steal it away.

Guest SoFla

There are some pretty serious names attached to this group and some pretty tough dudes too, the kind that I know that *I* would never walk up to and say that what they are doing is all fake. These guys would feed you your teeth for lunch

http://gcbro.com/about.htm

Guest diana swampbooger

Thanks Gumshoe, I love those old reports, the cool thing about them is there IS no agenda, there IS no secret government agency or corporate interests that needed to have these stories made fun of or called hoaxes. They simply told the facts as they were given them or as they saw them to be.

Now that 1st story is the way that I think it could very well happen, some trucker hauling a late night load of timber speeding over some dark mountain pass is going to hit and kill one as it's crossing the highway. If the trucker has help he could load it up and if he's smart could become a very rich man if the government doesn't step in and steal it away.

Jack Burton: Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."

Guest SoFla

You really have no right to say anything about these people since you have no idea of who it is you're even talking about. These are GOOD people, good men, who are doing what they are doing to HELP PEOPLE, to help little girls and mothers and grandmothers whose husbands are working offshore and have no men to protect them when these creatures start their little games and start banging on the house, turning door knobs leaving these poor people terrorized. These are the ones, these cowardice rogue males that this group is going to take down if they get ANOTHER chance to, because like I said THEY HAVE ALREADY KILLED ONE 14 years ago. I absolutely believe that they did and until you do your own research and find it for yourself roguefooter, then you have no cause for making any judgement on whether they did or did not kill a bigfoot. Do the work, find it yourself and then come back and tell us why it is that you don't buy it.

There are some pretty serious names attached to this group and some pretty tough dudes too, the kind that I know that *I* would never walk up to and say that what they are doing is all fake. These guys would feed you your teeth for lunch

http://gcbro.com/about.htm

So if you use words to say something they don't like, they would use physical violence in response? Sounds like a reasonable bunch. Actually, you make them sound like a bunch of thugs that I wouldn't want to associate with.

• Upvote 2

Guest SoFla

So if you use words to say something they don't like, they would use physical violence in response? Sounds like a reasonable bunch. Actually, you make them sound like a bunch of thugs that I wouldn't want to associate with.

It's a figure of speech I have no idea if they would resort to that