If I Was To Shoot One

ShadowBorn

American Indian accounts also have Sqatches labeled as ''maneaters'' in various locations around the USA. Oklahoma is the big story on this, but there are also others. And the 411 books don't help. Paladies will be on Coast to Coast next week BTW. Hope he has a new book

I went with Smejas story also, but as everything else in BF, hard to tell if its a true story. Its a good one for sure, with the little foots jabbering about and all. Is he known as a creative'' thinker? Or just an average joe. Average Joe is not going to make up such a good story. Of course, I fell for the Wes Story'' also.

Gum, don't confuse the naysayers with the facts...LOL

What facts are you talking about?

Gumshoeye

Now would you say that these are just are just stories. I know that you are not pushing that these creatures are man eaters since you are a person who has worked in law enforcement. You take these articles and you stay neutral so to speak. Right!  It is not evidence at all. But they are a start to looking for evidence  or maybe a pattern.

We all have habits and if one picks up on those habits it is easy to trace them as humans. These creatures are no different then us and are able to read if you place your self in their place.

I do not believe that you had intent only that you wanted to show that yes their was a creature that had wondered by a kill site. That if one read into the story one can pick up things like a profile these creatures. 

This story above could have happen but we do not know we were not there. The story could have been embellished as far as we know  again we were not there. Because the creature did not die after the dig there is no way that the contents in its stomach could have been examined.. There is no way to verify it in our time since it happen in the past. So we are left to take it on faith that it did happen.

Exactly. Non-verifiable stories that are just stories. Maybe could be used for something else- as long as you don't read too much into them. Certainly not presentable as anything factual.

Glad to see that someone gets it.

Oh you mean the way most of you guys attack every person who you don't agree with?

We don't "attack" anyone, we retort the argument and POV being pushed. This is a forum, and there is this thing called "debate" that happens on forums. That is what we do, or at least what I do. If these were personal attacks then we would be banned from said forum.

What the GCBRO did was harass and throw personal attacks at Green and Bob Gimlin, as well as some board members here like Bill Munns, Bill Miller, Henry May, etc. This is the group you are defending as being good people:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/23217/message/1282584712/consider+this+-+JOHN+GREEN

http://www.network54.com/Forum/23217/message/1284007904/Bob+Gimlin

http://www.network54.com/Forum/23217/message/1287862159/OPEN+NOTE+TO+JOHN+GREEN%2C+lies+are+catching+up+with+you%21%21

http://www.network54.com/Forum/23217/message/1282584712/consider+this+-+JOHN+GREEN

This was just a few years ago with the same main players of the group- it's not ancient text from some lost tribe. You can keep defending them and calling us the bad guys, I don't care. As long as other people can see what it is your defending.

Edited by roguefooter

Well I did work for the government for several years. I even had a secret clearance.

Never issued a black hat and sunglasses though.

Guest SoFla

Get ready roguefooter, next you'll be a government agent.

stop whining monkey boy "Oh that meanie SoFla called me names"

Guest SoFla

We don't "attack" anyone, we retort the argument and POV being pushed. This is a forum, and there is this thing called "debate" that happens on forums. That is what we do, or at least what I do. If these were personal attacks then we would be banned from said forum.

What the GCBRO did was harass and throw personal attacks at Green and Bob Gimlin, as well as some board members here like Bill Munns, Bill Miller, Henry May, etc. This is the group you are defending as being good people:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/23217/message/1284007904/Bob+Gimlin

http://www.network54.com/Forum/23217/message/1287862159/OPEN+NOTE+TO+JOHN+GREEN%2C+lies+are+catching+up+with+you%21%21

This was just a few years ago with the same main players of the group- it's not ancient text from some lost tribe. You can keep defending them and calling us the bad guys, I don't care. As long as other people can see what it is your defending.

name for us one good thing that you've ever done for another human being and then we'll all make our judgements on you and your character

Gumshoeye

Now would you say that these are just are just stories. I know that you are not pushing that these creatures are man eaters since you are a person who has worked in law enforcement. You take these articles and you stay neutral so to speak. Right!  It is not evidence at all. But they are a start to looking for evidence  or maybe a pattern.

We all have habits and if one picks up on those habits it is easy to trace them as humans. These creatures are no different then us and are able to read if you place your self in their place.

I do not believe that you had intent only that you wanted to show that yes their was a creature that had wondered by a kill site. That if one read into the story one can pick up things like a profile these creatures. 

This story above could have happen but we do not know we were not there. The story could have been embellished as far as we know  again we were not there. Because the creature did not die after the dig there is no way that the contents in its stomach could have been examined.. There is no way to verify it in our time since it happen in the past. So we are left to take it on faith that it did happen.

Now here is the difference , what I know and what you know is that difference . I am not sure if you ever had a sighting but I am sure of what I have seen and what they might be or are.( I am saying this with out starting a debate on what they are that does not matter). I would hope that this story not be true and that may well be . But I still feel that they are not man eaters or that they eat their own. There is a order in their groups and if there was not well I am not sure how they would have survived so long. I also believe that they do bond with humans. That there are people doing exactly this and have taking a oath to keep that bond. This is why that movie grabbed my intention so much  when that hunter was going to take that shot. 

I understand what Smeja want through and is still going through now. I truly believe he shot not one but two creatures and was done wrong by the results. I am not sure if it came down for him again if he would shoot them again. I would believe the answer would be no, But then the answer would have to come from him.   

Shadow Born you’ve been pretty much middle of the fence and so you have my respect and I’ll answer your question. I recognize these as stories as such. Looking at all these varying incidental events with eyes closed wide shut and hand covered ears doesn’t make them not so or go away either.  I wasn’t there when they took place and neither were you. So I have to ask myself why would all these people before and now report things if there were not some thread of truthfulness in them.

I don't know Smeja and he doesn't know me so I can't speak for him. I can only speak for myself and if I consider everything I read embellished my degrees would not be worth the paper it’s printed on and everything ever taught and printed in textual form throughout history is a fraud and I don’t believe that. Can I discount all of the stories relating to Bigfoot/ Sasquatch?  No. There are simply too many of them dating too far back to consider it false and so, I am led to ask myself for what purpose would anyone have to want to shut down speaking of this as though it never existed?

I do know stories and parables illustrate a truth or lesson for everyone or everything in between. What we choose to do with that information is up to each and every person to decide for themselves after all that is what free will is all about. We only have to keep an open mind and realize we haven't found answers to everything, but that’s not said in surrender it’s said as a purpose for being curious and asking questions.   

Close mindedness and personal attacks stifles thought and curiosity both of which are man’s greatest gifts. I am not paid to espouse denial here … I have no hidden agenda; I am a man, a human being who happens to possess a unique outlook on life.  I may be wrong on a whole lot of issues and topics but I am not here to parrot everything said in agreement with the collective group.  As long as we are still free thinking human beings I try real hard against allowing myself to be swayed either way by group think, without first giving it some careful thought and adding my input. I lead, I don't follow and I prefer to rely on my own instincts.

And so in support of that view, I lay things out to provoke thought not controversy and at times offer my opinion and let the readers decide for themselves. This raises the question whether I believe these things exist and whether I’ve ever encountered them.  I do not know what those things are in the woods and judging by the general consensus here nobody seems to agree on it anyways so it doesn’t matter what I think; what you think and believe is all that matters.

Is it a blessing or curse? I don’t know ask somebody else who has experienced it. I will keep my double OO's open and my opinion private.

To the shooting aspect of these things I don’t recall if I ever took a position either way. I don’t wish to harm anything.  I don't even hunt any longer. But once again, that is only between me and my maker and I reserve the right to hold that private too. I am not a Bigfoot Researcher but, I do accompany some mainly out friendship and camaraderie. I come here molded by my experiences like everyone else.  In my lifetime of experiences I’ve seen things unimaginable, I’ve smelled death, seen in its most raw violent fashion, arrested murders and bombers, seen multiple deaths, I’ve held dying people in my arms friend, but I never seen or felt anything like that (last summer) before and it stunned me... I know it was a fundamental turning point in the way I think today about life in general and what I thought I know.

I know how I feel and I only have compassion for the next person who might not be as articulate or expressive as I try to be in stating where they are in their thought processes and what their opinions are on this issue.

Is it a blessing or curse? You tell me.

Edited by Gumshoeye

stop whining monkey boy "Oh that meanie SoFla called me names"

Come now Sunshine, you can do better than when you try to lure someone into a fight, being the master baiter you are.

• Upvote 1

Guest SoFla

Amazing stuff Gumshoe and a great post. You don't have to defend anything YOU HAVE PROOF!!! You SAW, You captured what you saw on film, nothing that any of these people can change what is real. They can keep writing "That's because Bigfoot doesn't exist" but we all know better and the thing is this WE know that THEY know that they are a very real phenomenon.

We read these guys words, they aren't stupid people by any stretch of the imagination,but they have seen the films they have seen the pictures and tracks and read hundreds and hundreds of accounts. What they are is DISHONEST, who knows maybe that's what they get paid to be.

Maybe they are scared people who don't WANT to believe that there are things in the woods that kill people.

Hell, you know how many times I have heard lifelong hunters and woodsmen say that seeing a Sasquatch has ruined their #1 passion of hunting or fishing or hiking whatever the case may be but maybe these guys don't want that to happen to them and if it IS the case, then I don't want it to happen to them either. I hope they never see a Bigfoot because I would never wish that on another human being-the thing that they love the most to be taken away from them by a sighting experience. 

Come now Sunshine, you can do better than when you try to lure someone into a fight, being the master baiter you are.

I can but I don't choose to , Why should I want to pick a word fight with you, because you choose to stay ignorant? Crappy reason, I feel sorry for people like you.

Edited by SoFla

You say you feel sorry for me but you call me names and are mean to me. SoFla speak with forked tongue.

Guest SoFla

You say you feel sorry for me but you call me names and are mean to me. SoFla speak with forked tongue.

Why I happen to LOVE orangutans-who among us wouldn't want to own a baby one for like a month?

name for us one good thing that you've ever done for another human being and then we'll all make our judgements on you and your character

If I were airing personal comments on a public forum like these guys enjoy doing to innocent people, then I would expect everyone to pass judgment. But I don't do that.

Got any other deflections to defend these awesome guys?

Amazing stuff Gumshoe and a great post. You don't have to defend anything YOU HAVE PROOF!!! You SAW, You captured what you saw on film, nothing that any of these people can change what is real. They can keep writing "That's because Bigfoot doesn't exist" but we all know better and the thing is this WE know that THEY know that they are a very real phenomenon.

Is this the same incident where he said "I did not see the thing when I snapped the photo", but then later changed the event to "It was standing upright looking at me looking at it." ?

I still haven't figured that one out.

Edited by roguefooter

Guest SoFla

If I were airing personal comments on a public forum like these guys enjoy doing to innocent people, then I would expect everyone to pass judgment. But I don't do that.

Got any other deflections to defend these awesome guys?

YAWN.....huh? Wha? Somebody say somethin? I swear I've been posting here for the past few days and I swear I've never seen so many negative Nellies who pretty much hate everything and everyone. Jeez I'd sure hate to go through my days with that kind of an attitude-looking only for the bad in people. These are the kind of people that should you come across them in real life that you run away from them as fast as you can. Psychic Vampires I think they're called.

The Psychic Vampire club! :vampire:

It's only negative from a certain POV. Someone could click on those links and think GCBRO are just awesome guys for talking to Green and others like garbage. Not me of course. They could also look at your posts and think you're awesome for defending their garbage talk. That also wouldn't be me.

Edited by roguefooter