If I Was To Shoot One

ShadowBorn

Guest ChasingRabbits

Why would Gumshoeye list a story that does not describe an attack by bigfoot under the heading "Bigfoot attacks"?

Gumshoeye would be the best person to answer that question.

If I was a more cynical person I might think that the purpose was to take advantage of poor reading comprehension and lead the reader to associate the discovery of the bodies of the victims of a confessed serial killer and possible sasquatch footprints found in the same area half a year (or more) later, with "Bigfoot attacks"

If people fail to do their due diligence by actually reading the body of the work and jump to conclusions, that's their problem. Thorough and careful reading and comprehension is the standard operating procedure of legitimate skeptics.

Gumshoeye would be the best person to answer that question.

Gumshoeye refuses to answer any questions (As an example, ask him why he gave two mutually exclusive descriptions of how he obtained his "bigfoot" photo. Go ahead, I'll wait...) and has labled me a troll for making inquiries about several sketchy (in my opinion) claims made about bigfoot. Judging by statements he's made, he has me on ignore, which is probably for the best.

If people fail to do their due diligence by actually reading the body of the work and jump to conclusions, that's their problem. Thorough and careful reading and comprehension is the standard operating procedure of legitimate skeptics.

That is exactly what happened here, yet you are protesting it. A story was presented in such a way as to invite confabulation, but some members here noticed the discontinuity and pointed it out. Are you saying you're ok with something being presented in such a way as to lead the reader to a false conclusion (either intentionally or unintentionally) based on the notion that said reader should be sharp enough to note and avoid the ruse, otherwise, too bad for them?

Edited by Bonehead74

SSR Team

I truly believe that if anybody or any group is going to shoot one AND capture it's corpse it's going to be the guys from The Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Organization. They are the guys who did the show Killing Bigfoot. In fact, they have claimed to to already having killed a bigfoot in the winter after The 9/11 attacks. After they killed it the guy (Hamilton) said that his friends (the Bigfoot's friends that is) rushed in and took the body, tore it to pieces and ATE IT!

How do they (group) know they (BF's) tore it apart and ate it?  Did they follow the squatches?  I can't buy that story because that doesn't make any sense.  If the squatches rushed in I could see them taking the body, but, IMHO, the only thing getting torn up at that location would be the shooter.

If anyone kills one, it'll be NAWAC.  They seem well organized and very heavily armed.  Did anyone read their Ouchita Project?  They set up hunting blinds armed with a .338 Lapua.  Those boys aren't messing around.

That might precede the paragraph, but no where within the account does it even imply that Big Foot killed those women.

I was replying to Gumshoeye presenting the article as a "Bigfoot attack". It even says "Bigfoot Attacks" preceding the article- to call that "poor reading comprehension" is pretty ridiculous.

The intent of the original article itself is irrelevant (but even so left open to interpretation). You're digging far too deep into this looking for something that just isn't there. How badly do you guys need Bigfoot evidence? To fight over keeping something as dumb as this?

What's next? Green River killings might be Bigfoot related too?

hey!! Look over here!! No! Look over there!! BOOO!! Hey I told you to look here! What a load of crap that post was-what are talking about dude? Look, if you want to find out about the killing of a bigfoot go find it on Sasquatch Chronicles where it was told on two different occasions. Now if you want to call people bad because of some idiotic stuff posted on the internet on some website from the turn of the century I ain't playing. I am going by what I was told by a person who was there. You are probably just another one of the people that I have been reading on this forum who is in some leadership role who is doing their best to make every single person who believes in the existence of these creatures feel stupid-I ain't playing-believe what you want-I will too.

Let me ask you one simple question and with your answer then we can decide whether or not to continue on our discussion or not; Do you believe in the existence of the creature or creatures known as bigfoot or sasquatch Roguefooter?

How you interpret it is up to you, doesn't matter to me. If you want to believe that this is somehow a different GCBRO and now they're all good boys helping old ladies across the street then you can do that. I'm not here to change the mind of any hardcore believer.

If you want to believe a Bigfoot was killed you can do that too- no evidence required, ever! I'm sure the Bigfoot had a giant stomach that could fit his whole buddy inside, and it even swallowed up the skull, bones, hands, big feet, full body pelt, and leftover scraps, leaving absolutely nothing behind for the guys to show for it. Yeah, sounds plausible.

As far as my stance goes, I already answered that question for you. Did you forget already?

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/51303-oregon-bigfoot-highway/?p=907156

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. It's a genuine Bigfoot attack now.

Edited by roguefooter

Guest Ned Merrill

I think this subject, about shooting one, is something that highly, highly likely isn't going to happen.

Too many researchers out in the field with camo gear on thinking they're GI Joe trying to get to these things.

Too little spending consistent time in the field in order to build up real knowledge and understanding of a certain area and what moves when, where and why.

Look at the numbers.

In over 2,500 sightings that we have added to our database, just 4 have been from people actually looking for Sasquatch, seeing a Sasquatch in day light hours.

That's 0.1% by the way of all of those Sasquatch reports having the opportunity to shoot one of these things at the right time, unless you want to take shots at something upright walking on two legs in the dark which, in case you would, would take us up to 0.4% with 70% of those at night coming with no moon light whatsoever so good luck with that.

As humans we think we are wonderful, we think we are great, but the reality is where this subject is concerned, we're not.

They are far, far superior in their own domain than us, hence these things "not existing", yet I don't see anyone admitting or acknowledging this with any sense of regularity.

We need to change the way we do things research wise and we need to change our mindsets, no doubt whatsoever.

If we don't, then this subject isn't getting nailed any time soon.

I don't even believe we are giving ourselves a chance to do this right now.

Right. Its like playing the lottery once...and winning.

Or like the Patterson/Gimlin film. ;)

Reading comprehension includes what Gumshoeye wrote preceding the article- "Bigfoot Attacks"- and the intent behind it.

I wasn't responding to the intent of the article, I was responding to Gumshoeye's intent of using the article. How is that not clear? Seriously?

The fact that he knew months ago that these were Bundy victims, and yet still presents them as being "Bigfoot Attacks", makes me question his honesty again for the second time.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 2

If he knew or he did not know it really does not matter. One who is in this field is not going to take the work or an article as fact until researched.. If there was intent behind ,I am sure that he would have let us know. I am pretty sure the reason he brought up the article was about the search and how they found the prints, The truth on my part I did not care if it was ted bundy ( does not deserve capita letters on name) I was interested in the fact that if there was a creature in the area. It took the time to see what it was and shows that they do not eat human meat.

Chances are that it caught wiff of the corpses as they rotted away and might have thought that it might have been big game. Who knows the creature could have been having a bad day hunting and the opportunist that they are took it as game.

Hey it is our fault if we do not properly do the research .

Is today Opposite Day and no one let me know?!? Why is everyone responsible to do their due diligence except the person who actually supplies the information? I'm not saying that there was an intent to deceive. I am saying that everyone who presents information should give their best effort to ensure its accuracy and relevance.

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 3

hey!! Look over here!! No! Look over there!! BOOO!! Hey I told you to look here! What a load of crap that post was-what are talking about dude? Look, if you want to find out about the killing of a bigfoot go find it on Sasquatch Chronicles where it was told on two different occasions. Now if you want to call people bad because of some idiotic stuff posted on the internet on some website from the turn of the century I ain't playing. I am going by what I was told by a person who was there. You are probably just another one of the people that I have been reading on this forum who is in some leadership role who is doing their best to make every single person who believes in the existence of these creatures feel stupid-I ain't playing-believe what you want-I will too.

Let me ask you one simple question and with your answer then we can decide whether or not to continue on our discussion or not; Do you believe in the existence of the creature or creatures known as bigfoot or sasquatch Roguefooter?

So the fact that this group was actively attacking a well respected researcher with what were clear fabrications means nothing to you

Are you saying that you agree with these allegations

If you don't agree with them how do you still support this group

Guest SoFla

So the fact that this group was actively attacking a well respected researcher with what were clear fabrications means nothing to you

Are you saying that you agree with these allegations

If you don't agree with them how do you still support this group

Oh you mean the way most of you guys attack every person who you don't agree with?

If he knew or he did not know it really does not matter. One who is in this field is not going to take the work or an article as fact until researched.. If there was intent behind ,I am sure that he would have let us know. I am pretty sure the reason he brought up the article was about the search and how they found the prints, The truth on my part I did not care if it was ted bundy ( does not deserve capita letters on name) I was interested in the fact that if there was a creature in the area. It took the time to see what it was and shows that they do not eat human meat.

Chances are that it caught wiff of the corpses as they rotted away and might have thought that it might have been big game. Who knows the creature could have been having a bad day hunting and the opportunist that they are took it as game.

Hey it is our fault if we do not properly do the research .

Shortly after the Civil War

(1868-1869) Virginia

What really brought things to a fevered pitch was when a young man, returning from the War in very poor health, died after lingering on for several years. He was buried, at his own request, at the top of the mountain where he had often hunted. This was the same mountain considered to be the territory of the bigfoot. A day or two after the burial, his father took tools to erect a fence around his son’s grave. He found that the body of his son had been dug up and most of the flesh had been stripped to the bones. Several well-armed men gathered and combed the mountain for days. They could never find the monster. Some thought he lived in a cave that may have had a hidden entrance. The late Martha Jane Hart told me her grandfather, Jacob S. Carmack, was one of the men that went to hunt for the bigfoot. Not long after this a violent storm went through the area falling great trees. After that storm, the bigfoot was never seen again. Several years after that, hunters found a huge human like skeleton pinned under a chestnut tree that had been felled by that storm. Perhaps nature had done what man could not do. Source: “A Bigfoot sighted near Bristol began a reign of terror,†Bud Philillips, Bristol Herald Courier, May 8, 2004

(1868-1869) Virginia

What really brought things to a fevered pitch was when a young man, returning from the War in very poor health, died after lingering on for several years. He was buried, at his own request, at the top of the mountain where he had often hunted. This was the same mountain considered to be the territory of the bigfoot. A day or two after the burial, his father took tools to erect a fence around his son’s grave. He found that the body of his son had been dug up and most of the flesh had been stripped to the bones. Several well-armed men gathered and combed the mountain for days. They could never find the monster. Some thought he lived in a cave that may have had a hidden entrance. The late Martha Jane Hart told me her grandfather, Jacob S. Carmack, was one of the men that went to hunt for the bigfoot. Not long after this a violent storm went through the area falling great trees. After that storm, the bigfoot was never seen again. Several years after that, hunters found a huge human like skeleton pinned under a chestnut tree that had been felled by that storm. Perhaps nature had done what man could not do. Source: “A Bigfoot sighted near Bristol began a reign of terror,†Bud Philillips, Bristol Herald Courier, May 8, 2004

Gum, don't confuse the naysayers with the facts...LOL

(1868-1869) Virginia

Gumshoeye

Now would you say that these are just are just stories. I know that you are not pushing that these creatures are man eaters since you are a person who has worked in law enforcement. You take these articles and you stay neutral so to speak. Right!  It is not evidence at all. But they are a start to looking for evidence  or maybe a pattern.

We all have habits and if one picks up on those habits it is easy to trace them as humans. These creatures are no different then us and are able to read if you place your self in their place.

I do not believe that you had intent only that you wanted to show that yes their was a creature that had wondered by a kill site. That if one read into the story one can pick up things like a profile these creatures. 

This story above could have happen but we do not know we were not there. The story could have been embellished as far as we know  again we were not there. Because the creature did not die after the dig there is no way that the contents in its stomach could have been examined.. There is no way to verify it in our time since it happen in the past. So we are left to take it on faith that it did happen.

Now here is the difference , what I know and what you know is that difference . I am not sure if you ever had a sighting but I am sure of what I have seen and what they might be or are.( I am saying this with out starting a debate on what they are that does not matter). I would hope that this story not be true and that may well be . But I still feel that they are not man eaters or that they eat their own. There is a order in their groups and if there was not well I am not sure how they would have survived so long. I also believe that they do bond with humans. That there are people doing exactly this and have taking a oath to keep that bond. This is why that movie grabbed my intention so much  when that hunter was going to take that shot. 

I understand what Smeja want through and is still going through now. I truly believe he shot not one but two creatures and was done wrong by the results. I am not sure if it came down for him again if he would shoot them again. I would believe the answer would be no, But then the answer would have to come from him.