Bigfoot: Does It Exist? Or Not?

Bonehead74

My mind is not made up to the extent it once was, but that in no way means that it is less true, only that I have

drifted further away from my own experience, and that allows me to default to doubting. The notion that those of

us who have experienced and encounter of sorts are predisposed to such things is absolutely false, I am predisposed

to doubting anything of the sort, I guarantee that....

It would be interesting to see a CGI rendition of "Patty" without any hair. There is no doubt in my mind, that what we are seeing is not a human in a suit.

I spoke with a guy in Gainesville, FL., who told me about an "encounter with something" in near some caves. They were walking down a trail near the caves, when they saw a large figure standing in the center of the trail. He said they stopped and stared at it, trying to grasp the size of it. He yelled out; "What's up?" After doing this, it began to sway side-to-side... When he went to light a cigarette, it began walking toward them. They both took-off running, and hid in a floor entrance to one of the caves. He thinks that it could smell them, as it kept walking around area of the hole, as though it was looking for them. He said they stayed in the hole until daylight, then took-off for home. He said that it was easily 8 to 9 feet in height. 

Edited by 67Mopar

I am from that area. We have bears . They are not that tall. Probably the fear grew the bear taller.

That makes no sense. They were not experiencing fear at first contact, hence his "what's up?" inquiry. The encounter did not graduate to the fear state, until the subject began its side-to-side movement, and eventual approach. 

Edited by 67Mopar

I've got that kind of nose too.  Used to drive both me and my NCOs nuts when I was in the Army.  My First Sergeant thought it was supernatural when I'd call him into my office and tell him someone had left a butt smoldering in the ashcan outside the barracks fifty yards from my office.

I agree the bigfoot would have known exactly where they were and probably just wanted to pin them down for a while since they went to ground instead of completely leaving.

It would be interesting to see a CGI rendition of "Patty" without any hair. There is no doubt in my mind, that what we are seeing is not a human in a suit.

I spoke with a guy in Gainesville, FL., who told me about an "encounter with something" in near some caves. They were walking down a trail near the caves, when they saw a large figure standing in the center of the trail. He said they stopped and stared at it, trying to grasp the size of it. He yelled out; "What's up?" After doing this, it began to sway side-to-side... When he went to light a cigarette, it began walking toward them. They both took-off running, and hid in a floor entrance to one of the caves. He thinks that it could smell them, as it kept walking around area of the hole, as though it was looking for them. He said they stayed in the hole until daylight, then took-off for home. He said that it was easily 8 to 9 feet in height. 

Hey, big giant thing, what's up? I'm just gonna casually have a smoke while you're barring our path. And then it couldn't find them? He's a smoker. A smoker would be easily detected by smell by any animal with a decent sense of smell. I can smell someone light up a smoke half a parking lot away or 4 cars ahead of me stuck in traffic. That smell lingers, and any animal should find it easily, especially if walking back in forth in close proximity.

That whole story stinks.

I don't normally feed the trolls, but I will this one time. 

1. You weren't there.

2. You don't know the proclivities of these animals. No one does. It may have known exactly where they were, but chose to merely parade the area. 

3. Maybe they like the smell of tobacco. 

Your thinking process has been indoctrinated to presume, that a physically superior being will automatically default to violent behavior. 

For your own knowledge and edification...

;)

I am from that area. We have bears . They are not that tall. Probably the fear grew the bear taller.

That makes no sense. They were not experiencing fear at first contact, hence his "what's up?" inquiry. The encounter did not graduate to the fear state, until the subject began its side-to-side movement, and eventual approach.

Do you know where the caves are? As I said I am from that area.

Do you know where the caves are? As I said I am from that area.

I do not know exactly where they were? I assume somewhere near or in Florida Caverns State Park? Maybe here...

http://www.familydaysout.com/kids-things-to-do-usa/gainesville/fl/caves/

Edited by 67Mopar

Do you know where the caves are?

Well, of course the caves are in the ground!! 

;-)

Thinking of doing some boots on the ground in the area?

I was once chased out of a cave by some creature growling and snarling at me.  I'm thinking more possum or racoon tho.

Given my experience around Gainesville - where a herd of bison roam, or OK, very very recently roamed, that you were not likely to see - sightings on its outskirts are not exactly dismissable out of hand.

http://www.charleslittlewood.com/bison

I would think that those insistent that this cannot be happening because assumptions might want to get a little more curious.

Hey, big giant thing, what's up? I'm just gonna casually have a smoke while you're barring our path. And then it couldn't find them? He's a smoker. A smoker would be easily detected by smell by any animal with a decent sense of smell. I can smell someone light up a smoke half a parking lot away or 4 cars ahead of me stuck in traffic. That smell lingers, and any animal should find it easily, especially if walking back in forth in close proximity.

That whole story stinks.

I don't normally feed the trolls, but I will this one time. 

1. You weren't there.

2. You don't know the proclivities of these animals. No one does. It may have known exactly where they were, but chose to merely parade the area. 

3. Maybe they like the smell of tobacco. 

Your thinking process has been indoctrinated to presume, that a physically superior being will automatically default to violent behavior. 

Well, come on!  The most obvious:  WHO SAYS THE DAM THING CARED ONE WAY OR T'OTHER ABOUT THE TOBACCO!?!?!?

Never mind about finding them?

Love it when the animal-behavior experts come on here.  Love it more when they take the witness's own misunderstandings and "...so sasquatch isn't real."  BT smh country.

Edited by DWA

Ok, thanks. What makes even less sense is Bigfoot in Gainesville. Surrounding forest or prairie maybe.

One should note that if any kind of animal inhabits the surrounds of any city, it's not at all a stretch to find them inside the city limits sooner or later.

Neverminding which "surrounding forest or prairie," all that's needed.

↑ Thank you for your insight.I actually missed you.  You seem to always have  an explanation for   we lowly scientist  that are apparently in denial.  Not being  sarcastic.  I am sincere. i have read many of your  posts.

Science is never about denial.  It is about:  what is causing this?

If you have bison milling around in substantial numbers around Gainesville, and by far the most frequent question anyone asks the photographer who took all those pictures is "where are all these bison?"...and then there is something else that most people who see it will, count on it, tell no one, and most of those that do will report in anonymously as their key to continuing a normal life with a job, GF, etc...well, I am not totally prepared to discount a report because "we'd know if it was there."

It really gets annoying when scientists treat a topic utterly different from the way they treat everything else, just because they personally have not seen one.  Why would they think that is the way it works?

Edited by DWA