Bigfoot Hogwash

Lake County Bigfooot

BFF Patron

Both bigfoot sightings and cattle mutilations known......

Edited by bipedalist

13 hours ago, bipedalist said:

Again, we are probably missing the historiography of the area by native Utes or Paiutes or other tribes that have a reason for calling the land off-limits to tribal members.  Sounds like strange, unknown bipeds are known to the area.  Call them what you like, the natives probably would say skinwalker is enough to make the land off-limits.  I think we are parsing the semantics of bipeds personally since the Uintah Basin is so close to the High Uintahs, a mere pebble throw for a Sasquatch. 

Bipedalist,

I don't think it is entirely semantics.

I think the BF phenomena is distinct and has its own set of attributes, geographical distributions, and associations with the paranormal. And, they tend to have more physical evidence to back up the claims.

The dogman, wolfman, skinwalker creatures seem to have different attributes and are more associated with the paranormal.

I would not lump them together just because they are bipedal and are crypto creatures.

If that was the criteria for lumping them together, then you would have to add reptilian creatures, aliens, mothman, and other anomalous bipedal creatures.

In addition, my original commentary was about lack of BF sightings within Skinwalker Ranch and the improbable linkage between BF and cattle mutilations within the ranch.  The ranch is only 480 acres within the large Uinta Basin.  I don't think it is reasonable to suggest that because BF are seen in the Uinta Mountains, then they are the same creatures seen in the ranch. The Uinta Mountains cover a huge land area and their long history of BF reports have nothing to do with Skinwalker ranch.

If you check the website skinwalkeranch.org (by a fellow who has been researching the area for years and knows the locals pretty well), he is not showing bigfoot as one of the creatures reported in the ranch (nor has he seen any within the ranch).  So does my other friend who also has been investigating the area for years.

http://www.skinwalkerranch.org/classificationsystem.html

The place is weird and deserves further study, but I would not go there to study BF.

For BF research, I would go to the canyons within the Uinta Wilderness going up to the mountains.

In fact, one of the Skinwalker ranch researchers that I know (and his wife) had a visual sighting of a BF in one of those Uinta Mountain canyons.  But he keeps that sighting and it anomalistic nature, in a different mental compartment than his skinwalker ranch research. 

BFF Patron

My point is something very close to BF was seen at Skinwalker and couldn't be differentiated into one of the other categories.  

My BF sighting was not all cozy traditional flesh and blood.   So, I'm not sure just how distinct you can parse these things, wherever they are being parsed. 

I have been in the High Uintas briefly never to the ranch.  I do not profess to be an expert but some of the BF sightings in Utah are the real deal based on some things I saw on the ground (not an actual sighting but the actual things BF does to the environment that are unexplainable through traditional explanations).  

I have not seen a dogman or skinwalker nor do I choose to actively place myself anywhere near such known territory for any purpose.  

Guest OntarioSquatch

Even if we dismiss the ranch and the area around it, reports from the entire continent that connect UFOs and Sasquatch make a case regardless. The problem is that research organizations won't publish such reports and researchers have been led to believe that Sasquatch are a natural and some sort of undiscovered species. I think the fact that we always get human DNA from credible samples is a huge hint at what's actually going on, not just for Sasquatch, but cryptid humanoids in general.

Guest Waggles

It does seem likely that experiments, (chimeras?)have been created if Dogman is a true cryptid. That Leaves 2 possibilities, human or alien experimentation.

Also, If abductions occur with humans, why not the "other"hominid??

Need to turn off auto correct it seems.

Edited by Waggles
g

Guest OntarioSquatch

The intelligence that humans possess can be very beneficial for survival. This makes humans a great template for genetic experimentation to test survivability. Some of the basic added traits we're seeing in Sasquatch are heightened paranoia, unnatural strength and versatility and a high degree of mental awareness. I believe such traits are also visible in other human cryptids such as the "dogman", "mothman", "lizardman" etc etc

Edited by OntarioSquatch

1 hour ago, Waggles said:

Also, If abductions occur with humans, why not the "other"hominid??

Oddly enough, I've asked precisely that question, nominally of those who'd know, and gotten confirmation.    The intermediary in that conversation started out somewhere between scoffing and merely humoring me by passing along the question and finished it pretty freaked out by the apparently unexpected answer.   Hmmm.   I don't know if I accept it, but it's ... interesting.   Food for both thought and for caution out there.

MIB

• Upvote 1

Thought this would be apropos for this thread since it has slipped a sort of a fringe of a fringe area. This article speaks to why we are alone. It's not because planets in the Galaxy are rare. And it's not because water on a percentage of those planets is rare. It is because of the theory that what IS rare is LAND and water. It really is about Moon collision theory and how the loss of Earth material gave places and basins for Earth's water to go so that land would be exposed. It's about the lack of that material allowing for plate tectonics to create movement to form mountains. Something that cannot happen anywhere else in the Solar System.

It may be too that the Moon -collision dynamic and what gets created in the aftermath is what is the rarest thing of all for the development of beings with higher technology. It's an interesting read.

http://www.spacedaily.com/news/life-01x1.html

Well although we have delved into subject matter that was not anticipated, that does not mean it is beyond the scope of this thread. Actually, the attachment of such phenomena with bigfoot, and the sometimes sensationalized versions of such accounts is very pertinent, and perhaps suggestive of the whole matter. The point being, that just talking about a flesh and blood creature, that eats, sleeps, and leaves scat, well that is not all that thrilling, and over is not something that will necessarily sell. Whether that be books or videos or TV time. That is not to say that all eyewitnesses have sensationalized the matter, but that those who seek to capitalize off of such stories may have. I have no doubt that a great many accounts defy rational explanation. But one must remember that when confronted with such reality changing circumstances, the mind adapts a defense mechanism that can not only cloud the situation, but literally interpret such situations in a fashion compatible with the paradigm acceptable to the mind. The tendency of eyewitnesses to doubt, to reinterpret and even at times deny,are all symptoms of this truth. Whether or not supernatural phenomena are occurring along side of bigfoot, such caution ought to be exercised when interpreting ones experience, because to the mind bigfoot seems to be a supernatural creature simply because it does not exist within the paradigm that has ruled for ones whole life.The mind will not part with that easily, so even interpreting a matter as supernatural might fit better than the alternative.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Guest OntarioSquatch

People's understanding of the phenomenon isn't much better than it was 90 years ago.

The biggest problem in this field of research has been hoaxes. Genuine researchers often struggle to tell the difference between what's real and what isn't and so does the general public. This is a huge factor for why researchers try to avoid fringe areas of the subject. They fear for their credibility and that's understandable (to a certain point).

The second biggest issue is ignorance and a lack of critical thinking. The amount of data available right now is enough for people to figure out what's actually going on, but unfortunately, it's just not happening. People are still putting out trail cameras and hoping it might catch a photo of one. It's mind boggling.

Researchers have failed and are continuing to fail without learning their mistakes. This leads me to believe that the best chance this subject has to advance is through government disclosure, but that probably won't happen any time soon. 

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest Waggles

Mars was also subjected to a moon collition, rarely talked about. Othwise it would have been much more habitable. Moon collitions are likely a commonplace occurance. It's a statistical numbers game. There are billions of life generating planets out there.

Waggles it may be so that other planets generate life, but while science has searched the universe for signs of life, both looking for planets like ours, or sending radio waves off into the abyss, well nothing has ever prevailed to prove that fact. What if our situation is indeed one of a kind? Could that be possible? Consider the variables that allow life on earth, the exact distance we are from the Sun, the protective layer of the ozone keeping out solar radiation, the actual size of the planet allowing perfect gravity. Some one could compile a list much larger than these few points, but the point being, that life in our universe is indeed rare given the exacting circumstances required for life. But given the vastness of that universe it certainly is a probability. Now to suggest that such life in distant galaxies would ever find our planet and perhaps pay us a visit, that is indeed very remote. So when we talk about UFO phenomena, I for one consider the extra dimensional hypothesis. That these are not physical craft within our dimension, but superimposed from another dimension. The book, " Messengers of Deception", by Jacques Vallee, spells this out in detail as he studied the phenomena for decades and was well known as the foremost expert on the subject at that time. Taking such a hypothesis and applying it also to paranormal activity, and even such associated with Sasquatch, we must consider the source and purpose of such messages, what is the source of such activity and what is leading us toward. Do forces outside of our physical dimension seek to deceive us? Perhaps even seeking to capitalize off of our curiosity with the unknown represented by Sasquatch, be careful what you open yourself up to.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Guest OntarioSquatch

The most compelling evidence suggests that what people call "aliens" are actually terrestrial beings from a different version of the planet we're on. According to Colonel Philip J. Corso, early examination of the craft revealed that they're not designed for outer space travel. Several were supposedly crashed in New Mexico around 1950 https://vault.fbi.gov/hottel_guy/Guy Hottel Part 1 of 1/view. In the book Hunt for The Skinwalker, the previous owner of the Skinwalker ranch reportedly saw a portal in the sky on occasion that looked like a window to a different sky. He saw flying craft going through it, but was struggling to make sense of it. 

Edited by OntarioSquatch

The biggest problem in this field of research has been hoaxes. Genuine researchers often struggle to tell the difference between what's real and what isn't and so does the general public

Yes, hoaxes are a problem in the field. But if it is a true encounter you are going to find evidence else where. It does not have to be wide eye open evidence but it be enough to convince anyone that a Bigfoot was there or is still there. I mean come we are not just going to go into any woods and expect it to hold a creature like Bigfoot there. But the possibility is there that it may happen so one does need to be ready.