Sasquatch Summit

Old Dog

BFF Patron

Going to pass on Sasquatch Summit for the first time this year in several years.    Lodging is expensive or not available and the majority of the speakers were at the Kennewick conference.     I think they need a year or two to get some new material.    Meldrum does the best job of changing up his presentations but I had seen his presentation before at the recent Kennewick conference.    I guess that is to be expected when you are a frequent conference attendee.      It is getting to the point at conferences where people in the audience have more recent experience and things to discuss than some of the speakers.     I guess it is the difference between those that mainly speak and those that do field work and get the experiences.     Too bad we cannot somehow get the two classes of people together and get the information out to the rest of us.     I guess that sort of thing is one of the major problems with  BF research.   

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

Meldrum is a nonstarter, since douchebag Standing (if it is his real name) is out of the way I am willling to report on other controversials just to spite his arses!  Edited to add, since I had a research project that eventually wound up close to my home, I am willing to give Noel a pass (plus he is on my Facebook friends list, whether he likes it or not as I have been an open critic of some of his stuff, lol)!  

Sorry I will miss swwas and norseman and apparently BobbyO at this conference, but I have to be true to self!   My protest vote was to miss the Standing conference, then I figured I'd give him the  chance (at the last second none the less), then I figured my protest vote would go to the following year!   Now I am at such a stage with Sasquatch research, I don't give a damn!  As long as I'm in it not to win it, I willl hang as long as I can marshall up a heartbeat! (sort of like the LA Dodgers, lol, go Cubbies, saw Ernie Banks play in Philly back in the '60's---at Connie Mack Stadium, we had to pay children to watch our car when parked even back then for all you Terrorist wannabes, hahahaha, only remembered because I never got an allowance from dad, hehe).   I feel like people have alot to discuss but there are not alot of people with a 45 second attention span to listen to them in regard to Sasquatch research and sightings.  They don't want to know what I know so like a politician not wanting to blow their savings for a personal assassination and airing of their knowledge, they give it an eternal rest!

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

I sorta wish I could go, but will be preparing to travel to a squatchy plains state instead. Check out the Weatherwax wetland in OS, it's cool.

• Upvote 1

No, Oklahoma. The family has a place in a very interesting area, a member has heard them and heard stories about campers or hunters being run off. It's been a few years since I got to spend any time there, exciting!

On 10/23/2016 at 1:18 PM, bipedalist said:

I feel like people have alot to discuss but there are not alot of people with a 45 second attention span to listen to them in regard to Sasquatch research and sightings.  They don't want to know what I know

Not sure I understand this, but I suppose you're right. I doubt anyone would have the patience to listen to my tales from the last ~3 years.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Sorry I'll miss you too JKH, happy hunting.  Not sure my comment was made to be understood.  Paulides met his 100,000 grand kickstarter goal for his movie and then some.  I didn't know until investigating his website that Ray Crowe and a cohort, trapped a female BF in a cave and got audio that was analyzed by a firm in Maryland, this is not your typical Samurai in the Sierra's investigation I am referring to......   mentioned on Paulides site (it is at the end of this page:

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/Bigfootlanguage.html  )  Probably a link to some of the BF vocalization threads should be updated with this information, found it to be fascinating.  

Edited by bipedalist

On 10/29/2016 at 7:18 PM, bipedalist said:

Sorry I'll miss you too JKH, happy hunting.  Not sure my comment was made to be understood.  Paulides met his 100,000 grand kickstarter goal for his movie and then some.  I didn't know until investigating his website that Ray Crowe and a cohort, trapped a female BF in a cave and got audio that was analyzed by a firm in Maryland, this is not your typical Samurai in the Sierra's investigation I am referring to......   mentioned on Paulides site (it is at the end of this page:

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/Bigfootlanguage.html  )  Probably a link to some of the BF vocalization threads should be updated with this information, found it to be fascinating.  

That is an interesting read. But from reading that I got that it was simply a file in Ray Crowe's Track Records. The person involved, according to the report, was actually the self proclaimed hoaxer Ray Wallace. Don't know if we can trust anything he was involved in.

I'll be at the summit since M. Townsend will be discussing our research.  

BFF Patron

Maybe I'll see you there then.  

On 10/21/2016 at 7:23 PM, bipedalist said:
  • ^ see edit above
  • If attending and wanna say hello just look for the 6' 2" dude with the grey beard and black 10th Mtn. Div. hat (X) and green vest

I'll be on the look out for you.  Anyone who wants to look for me, just look for the guy with gray hair and the Seahawk's colored tie dye shirt.  Perhaps those of us who are going could gather somewhere for a chat and beverage.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Sounds good, maybe a local seafood haunt, hope the red tide is on the skids.  

Edited by bipedalist

Bennett's Seafood is a great place for fish and such.  Alec's by the Sea is great also.  I live in Ocean Shores, so I have been to all the restaurants.  There is also a great Irish Pub in town.  If we manage to make contact, we will find a great place to have a chat for sure.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

^ Fantastic, don't know much about the coast and best haunts.  A seafood and Bigfoot lover I am though.  

• 2 weeks later...

Well ODog, if you live in OS, you should have them coming out of the woodwork! What an awesome place, was there three years ago, am jealous.

Thank you Bi for the link, good info.

Hope people will get inspired to help protect some ecosystems along the way.

Edited by JKH
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Got to see OldDog tonight and we will plan on dining out on some seafood in the PM tomorrow.  He is a cool dude and has a sidekick in crime at the Conference. 

I am swimming uptide around these parts being a green bird of prey fan while everybody else is seagreen hawks.  Go Eagles, or at least make it a shoot out for your coaches return to his old stomping ground. 

Got to see Bob Gimlin again.  Very humble man, also David Ellis of the Olympic Project who is interested in the same things I am and oddly enough started out in the field about the same time.  Now for the kicker, some of the material presented tonight by Ellis near a residence in WA  has been recorded in NC Mtns by moi too (drumming, clicking, clacking, popping, etc.).  It is so awesome when work is validated across the country in so many other states.  We had crappy, distorted auditorium speakers but he let me listen to some of the stuff he presented via earphones and it is what it is.   Infestations by property owners of BF screwing with doors and such and leaving very strange sound signatures while they are at it.  

Looking forward to tomorrow with Paulides, Noel and others.  Never thought I would utter such words but Johnnie that runs this show allows all interpretations and permutations.  Even Sasquath Ontario, Mike Paterson was in the house (don't attack the messenger please).  Looking forward to renewing acquaintances with several other researchers in the am/pm.  I worked like a dog to get to this conference and for once I can say I am at the beach and nature is here.  A good sized black-tailed doe feeding right next door to the parking lot on fresh green grass, yes people are pushing lawnmowers  at Ocean Shores, got pics will travel.  

On 11/17/2016 at 11:28 PM, JKH said:

Well ODog, if you live in OS, you should have them coming out of the woodwork! What an awesome place, was there three years ago, am jealous.

Thank you Bi for the link, good info.

Hope people will get inspired to help protect some ecosystems along the way.

I am always inspired to do that, some and their reps will be hearing from me on a routine basis, fight of the decade is game on!

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

This is the link to the podcast David Ellis was discussing. It was interesting hearing part of the 750 to 1000 recordings he has taken at the location. 

http://OKTalk.podbean.com/e/devils-creek-an-american-horror-story/?token=019abaf2d0d33f1c449d846b19c01740

Bipedalist I would like to meet you and Old Dog too. Whether you like Mitch Townsend or not, I am not him and would like to talk. Sitting up near his table, wearing a brown felt hat and black jacket. Said hi to Bob Gimlin too. What a nice guy. He remembered me from the conference in Kennewick. Also had a good talk with David Ellis. He has listened to some of the recent audio Chris Spencer and I have gotten up the Toutle river. Also discussed some of the possible movements of bigfoot across I-5.

I've met and talked to some interesting people in the audience also. They said Les Stroud might be there tomorrow. I actually emailed him last week asking about how some audio we had compared to his experience in Alaska. Found out he has been up east of Mt St Helens where we do research. Like to actually meet him. 

• Upvote 1