Sasquatch Summit

Old Dog

BFF Patron

All comers welcome, I have never heard Mitch Townsend present but I am interested in field research and it seems rather a unique approach to follow the bones of prey.  I have never tripped upon a boneyard but it hasn't stopped me from getting close to Sasquatch (not in Washington state yet however). Yes, I have contact information for Old Dog and it would be great to propose a toast and down some shellfish or brew.  I will be full day tomorrow, I am wearing my 10th Mtn. Division black hat with subdued X and Mountain tab (proud of a scout who was in my troop who went plus Captain with the regiment, a true warrior and my way of acknowledging there is still room for such in the world today).   I'm looking forward to actually getting my boots on the ground in the dark divide before my joints wear out.  (and I don't mean doobies)   The way the forest road system is washed out, closing, etc. makes it an enigma for an out-of-stater! even when following guidebooks which seem to be out of date.  PM me for particulars and we can text in the conference room to set up a lunch or dinner.

Edited by bipedalist

8 hours ago, bipedalist said:

I am always inspired to do that, some and their reps will be hearing from me on a routine basis, fight of the decade is game on!

Awesome, that area is very special and the fossil fuel polluters have their greedy sights on the ports of the coast...off-topic I know.

Interesting reports guys, and look forward to reading more.

BFF Patron
20 hours ago, BigTreeWalker said:

This is the link to the podcast David Ellis was discussing. It was interesting hearing part of the 750 to 1000 recordings he has taken at the location. 

http://OKTalk.podbean.com/e/devils-creek-an-american-horror-story/?token=019abaf2d0d33f1c449d846b19c01740

Bipedalist I would like to meet you and Old Dog too. Whether you like Mitch Townsend or not, I am not him and would like to talk. Sitting up near his table, wearing a brown felt hat and black jacket. Said hi to Bob Gimlin too. What a nice guy. He remembered me from the conference in Kennewick. Also had a good talk with David Ellis. He has listened to some of the recent audio Chris Spencer and I have gotten up the Toutle river. Also discussed some of the possible movements of bigfoot across I-5.

I've met and talked to some interesting people in the audience also. They said Les Stroud might be there tomorrow. I actually emailed him last week asking about how some audio we had compared to his experience in Alaska. Found out he has been up east of Mt St Helens where we do research. Like to actually meet him. 

I enjoyed your teams presentation and particularly meeting you. I wished I had seen his (Mitch's) Presidential and Forest Service letters of permission to research at will in Gifford Pinchot, sounds like he is the chosen one 

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

John Bindernagel was invited but was feeling under the weather so he allowed a video to be played of his presentation which was possibly going to be shared by youtube if they could get permission.  

In  the meantime see this: 

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

Subject:  Paulides presentation 2016 Missing 411/Sasquatch Summit/Quinault Resort, Ocean Shores, WA.  Just my take, yes opinionated, yes informed and judgmental

Came off very strong chastising those that have chastised him in the BF community keeping him from presenting to it for c. 5 years. 

Overall, impression, David is very angry at some in the so called "BF community".   It was obvious they got under his skin and threatened his family.   Apparently some take it too far.

Then made his persuasive (to some) 411 evidence of things that can't happen without other worldly intervention to children and adults that sometimes physically disappear without a trace.  Also presented the inconclusive autopsy results when remains were found.  Clothing miles away including boots and shoes, and sometimes children climbing 700 to 1700 ft. above their last known location before being found. 

I was not clear on every case.   He made some arguments of fact that a mushroom hunter would not go off trail for instance, and there were some other inconsistencies of fact or two that I doubted highly and certainly disagreed with.  Otherwise I was entranced with the pattern of physician, ER particularly, disappearance and other highly educated personnel also including the disabled (cognitive and brain injured and elderly as well as marathon/pentathlon athletes in the backcountry).   Also some children disappeared in 10 minutes or less many with no further clues.   Some with bad outcomes, many adults and children found in a body of water but submerged for less than the days missing. For example, gone for two days but in the water for 5 hours or less.  Many deceased found in areas searched multiple times and were clearly not present and not overlooked.   Many survivors recovered with no memory and two days lost.   Many bloodhounds refusing to continue further at forks in trail. 

I was wanting to get up and talk to him about Bobby Short.    Also about Scott Carpenter's upcoming appearance next year at the Summit.  But I was running on fumes after a hard week at work.  One thing I particularly liked about his presentation was the safety tips, use a locator and service, sat phone if you can afford it, hike in pairs or groups, carry the ten essential emergency blanket, tell someone where your going and when you'll be back, call and verify when you are back.  He didn't mention colored clothing but was more focused on park service negligence having no lists of the missing and one of their own may have went missing while on duty and they were sued to pay death benefits, called it deserting his duty.  The widow sued to get benefits. 

Paulides powerpoint slides were skewed to the 2/3rds left side of the screen with right side 1/3 missing/not visible and tech at the Summit did not fix it for the entirety of his presentation.  Big bummer on someone.  Not sure if it was Paulides error or on the part of screen display settings on the project and windows.  Totally screwed up though and a major complaint by him but it did not slow him down any.  

Observation to those who give a damn (for next year):   Dim the MF'in lights closest to the visible screen  projected upon so we can see details of the slides/powerpoints?!

Next up Noel.  

Edited by bipedalist

2 hours ago, bipedalist said:

I enjoyed your teams presentation and particularly meeting you. I wished I had seen his (Mitch's) Presidential and Forest Service letters of permission to research at will in Gifford Pinchot, sounds like he is the chosen one 

Mitch has been appointed to the Gifford Pinchot task force. Whether it's as dramatic as he stated I couldn't say. When I asked him about it a while back he told me he wasn't sure why he was chosen or who recommended him. 

I found Cliff Barackman's presentation about the bigfoot hand castings he has fascinating. By looking at creases in the palm he suggested the possible differences between the way we use our hands and the way bigfoot might. Their hands compare more closely to the other primates rather than ours. 

I wonder how Dr Bindernagel is doing because he couldn't make the IBC in Kennewick on labor day either. 

BFF Patron

^  Yes, the handprint, thumb function and palmar creases are an underresearched area of Sasquatch as are finger dermatoglyphics.  I meant to ask him if Sasquatch have arches, swirls and such like humans in that regard.  Powell and Barackman think Paul Freeman's casts were valid just tweaked some by sticking fingers down to elongate finger impressions for example.  I thought Jeff Meldrum tweaked his program some and it was interesting  what he said about hoaxers, institutional/academic resistance and scientific journal pettiness focusing on typos rather than the messages being broadcast such as conclusions and findings. 

Chris Noel had the autistic savant theory and went thru ten areas of potential similarities to Sasquatch.   Social isolation, visual intelligence and focus on repetitive stimulation including swaying, drumming, etc., for example.  I did approach Chris after his presentation and dicussed the full spectrum of obsessive-compulsive, overfocused and otherwise overdeveloped skills they may have (almost like hyperlexia for word calling in advanced readers that had the Aspergers which is now folded into the full spectrum of ASD, high functioning), got his email and promised to share some similarities of sound recording to him in Vermont.   He had some local Massachusetts recordings that were similar to Ellis and mine.  Very interesting that this stuff is being geolocated across the country on a consistent basis now. 

Edited by bipedalist

SSR Team

Have thanks for the updates Guys, really appreciate it.

Any sign of Shane Corson/Tom Baker presentations and if so, how were they ?

Thanks again.

See you next year 100%, and Go Hawks..;)

BFF Patron

i did not see Tom Baker, he may have been there.   Shane Corson I did not meet up with either.  There were 300 plus people there and the conference is standing room only now, it has grown alot.  The good news is that more local people are just now discovering it. 

Derek spoke on the probable Sasquatch bedding of 17 beds and maybe a juvenile elevated day bed constructed in a bush.  All above the bend in the river on a parallel ridge on both sides of the river.  Apparently they got about 3 or 4 suspicious hairs that have the characteristics of probably Sasquatch hairs by Cindy Dosen's analysis.  The beds seemed to have been abandoned.  They found two good sized rock clackers with abrasion, compression nicks and got good pictures up of them.  These were in a Mason County Tree Farm area that was somewhat impenetrable and yet Sasquatch had constructed what looked like emergency slides to a Salmon river.  I could probably tell you what river because I have familiarity with that area.  I don't want to wash up dead looking like a prune in Ocean Shores so I prolly won't.  Go Birds! ; > }

Edited by bipedalist

Talked to Shane just as we were leaving. He invited me to talk with him and Gunnar on MonsterX radio sometime. I'll be giving that some thought. 

I had heard both Derek's and Dr Meldrum's talks at the IBC. Not much changed since then. I did get another chance to talk with Bob Gimlin about the trackway he followed down Bumping Lake. The reason why I asked about it is because my son and I had gone into the area around Deep Creek in May. The lake at that time was right up to the trees. It was rough going with all the blowdowns. Anyway when Bob was there the shore was all exposed. He followed to where they came out above the creek. He said it looked like they came down from a bank west of the creek, which he couldn't cross, out of the forest. As I said that area in there is very rough going where very few would even enter. Bob's tracking them was discussed in one of Barbara Shupe's vids which I don't have a link to at the moment. 

Bipedalist,

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated for those of us too far to attend.

Any news from Olympic Project or other researchers on new strategies/tactics to improve effectiveness of game cameras or thermal imagers?

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Thanks B, really appreciate it.

Cool on the river too, I'm all good there.

• Upvote 1

Not too hard to figure that area out. Too bad they'll probably log it, sorry hairy peeps!

Think I read Noel's book with that in it, disagreed with a fair amount. I've recorded drumming etc., seems other primates use it for certain purposes.

Thank you again for the updates. Wondering about the town hall reports, many locals from the sound, anything that stood out?

BFF Patron

Yes, this I missed,  but the Navy cryptolinguist did not, the rate of rattling off of vocalizations such as Samurai chatter that changes into naturalistic bird calls, and then other differentially localized habituation vocals such as bird call vocals of dirurnal birds used as stimulti that are then heard at 3 am.  and drumming arhythymic tonalites all within several seconds, not minutes, is nonhuman.   Game changer, believe it or not!  Go Birds!

Edited by bipedalist

10 hours ago, Explorer said:

Bipedalist,

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated for those of us too far to attend.

Any news from Olympic Project or other researchers on new strategies/tactics to improve effectiveness of game cameras or thermal imagers?

Derek did show some of the camera covers that a taxidermist friend makes for him. Various bark like covers of different colors that fit over his cams. He didn't say what they were made out of. I would think cast in silicone molds. Looked like they would be effective to hide the cam outlines from the front but they would still stick out from the tree in profile.