My Personal Opinion: Bigfoot Has Been Solved!

Just like their DNA won't tell us the important questions about what (or who) they are because they seem just about as complex a species as we are, only different.

Your theories are of but a few. I too wonder about the latter too and do a little research on that. One which opens up a whole world of discussion we can't discuss here sadly. I know from personal experience that there is much more to our universe however.

It seems almost as if we are the child in class that everyone else is picking on. The other students have been given information that we haven't and the jokes on us.

The teacher has the equation x+Y/z = __. Because we were late to class we didn't hear the value of one of the letters, so we're struggling at the chalkboard and the rest of the class is just laughing. It's why I sometime sneer at science, they don't have the full equation but are attempting to solve questions.

Science refuse to take certain things into account because they aren't recreatable or able to be monitored by us at this time. Does that mean we can just...jettison them from our equations? I don't think so, until we get the value of each equation our math will always be wrong.

I've wondered if we humans have created our own little reality bubble. If our minds have the ability to make our desired reality, reality. Perhaps there is other life all around us, but like a little kid in his bed at night, we were frightened so we pulled the sheets over our heads. The only thing we see is what's under our sheet. Every now and then something crawls under the sheet with us so we can't help but see it, or something snatches the sheet off our heads. Otherwise they are walking around our bedrooms all night and we just cower and refuse to acknowledge it.

1st Brigade 6th Infantry, became part of the 10th Mountain Division in 1994.

The 1st Brigade/6th went back to the 172nd Inf. Brigade in 1998.

Either way, in 1996, the 172nd Inf. Brigade wasn't at Fort Wainwright.

I'm sorry...maybe I've missed something here...what does this have to do with anything?

I have people misspell or pronounce my name and know what, I usually don't even correct them.

Yeah, I remember we were supposed to be part of the 10th Mountain, our sister unit stationed at Ft Drum. I was just glad I never went for training there because it was supposed to be worst than Wainwright LOL!

Guest Knuck

1st Brigade 6th Infantry, became part of the 10th Mountain Division in 1994.

The 1st Brigade/6th went back to the 172nd Inf. Brigade in 1998.

Either way, in 1996, the 172nd Inf. Brigade wasn't at Fort Wainwright.

Hey Drew, I took cold weather training at Ft. Wainwright, and my unit's duty station was all the way across the North American continent. Anyone in the Army who had cold weather training went there. So what? He didn't say he was stationed there did he? He could have been TDY there for all you know. Have a good one!-Knuck

• Upvote 1

I was hoping he had his dates mixed up.

There was no 172nd in 1996, so I thought he would say it must have been 98 or something.

I'm just pointing out that the story doesn't make sense if the unit he was claiming to be part of was deactivated at the time of the sighting.

I was hoping he had his dates mixed up.

There was no 172nd in 1996, so I thought he would say it must have been 98 or something.

I'm just pointing out that the story doesn't make sense if the unit he was claiming to be part of was deactivated at the time of the sighting.

I'm just saying, that's such a small part of the story, how can it be the reason the entire story doesn't make sense?

Are you familiar with the terms: fickle and petty?

I ask this with all due respect, but, are you a petty person?

I think most normal people...If you told the same story and stated you were part of the 172nd in '94...MY first thought wouldn't be...."Ooh-Ooh, excuse me Mr. Drew, but there wasn't a 172nd in '94!!" My first thought (If I noticed at all) would be, "Hmmm (LoL) but he's been around so long he's getting his units mixed up....eh...happens to the best of us."

I've forgotten how to spell my fathers first name, is he no longer my father?

I gave you a chance to clear it up, and you are getting defensive.

You made sure to fill in all the details of the sighting, but missed the one that most veterans don't ever get wrong.

I gave you a chance to clear it up, and you are getting defensive.

You made sure to fill in all the details of the sighting, but missed the one that most veterans don't ever get wrong.

I apologize...i'm not defensive, just a little confused.

Maybe my memory for detail is less than other veterans, or maybe as when I was enlisted, I really don't care for the detail lol. I'm sure I would have been one of the soldiers scolded for referring to our unit as our old moniker for years afterward. The point i'm making is I never paid much attention to names and labels, still don't. Where I currently work, I'm aware we were restructured some years ago and have a new title but I still use the old one. Just the type person I am.

Are you familiar with the terms: fickle and petty?

I ask this with all due respect, but, are you a petty person?

You'll get used to fickle & petty if you hang around here long. I can think of a few other words, but I'll leave that to your imagination. ;)

Drew, keep in mind that the military didn't mean the same thing to every person. Not everyone felt the same brotherhood you did. To some the military didn't feel right. Some where conscientious objectors. Some hated it. Some loved it. Some were on training exercises from elsewhere. Some tried to forget. Some lived it. I'm sure it runs the gamut of variables in between and I'm not inferring Delta Zu fit into any single category either. I was between wars and never enlisted so can't offer my own. The fog of time is also real. Dangit, now I can't remember what my boyscout squad name was some 35 yrs ago. Let's see, we held our meetings at such & such Methodist Church.

Not remembering what may seem a key point to one person, may not be a key point to another. Especially when a memory of another sort (seeing bigfoot) may take precedent and in fact can psychologically overcome the more mundane facts. Do I remember the road number where I seen bigfoot for the first time? No, but I can still envision very clearly those few memorable seconds as it walked in front of me, along with the topography of the road bed and hillside in that cast-in-stone scene I will never forget.

There needs to be leeway when someone is remembering (and sharing) these accounts. They are life changing and in fact impact a person's psyche. Traumatic in many cases. Trauma often causes different reactions in people too. Its not easy coming forward openly for the first time to share these experiences. I remember my first time, I think it was here at the old bff. Boy was that a mistake. But that was the Old BFF. We have changed right? (Not necessarily directing this at you either Drew) I just know we all need to learn from our mistakes as have I. To a witness, where he was temporarily assigned may have become better remembered as 'where I saw bigfoot'.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

Guest Cervelo

Ahhh last time I check the military was a volunteer organization. Maybe once your there you go oops. I think we all get Drews point and I support him! The devil is in the details IMO and back to the subject at hand!

Guest BuzzardEater

This thread is a good example of how these discussions generally go. Somehow it always devolves into an Abbott and Costello routine.

Great new info, DZ! I have come to many of the same concusions and pondered the same questions. It's a lot to wrap your head around. The Canadian officials have a no talk rule, but demonstrate thier knowlege other ways. I totally agree that BF are not undiscovered, just unacknowleged.

I saw two of them on a suburban street near Vancouver,BC. Humans, no question.

This thread is a good example of how these discussions generally go. Somehow it always devolves into an Abbott and Costello routine.

Great new info, DZ! I have come to many of the same concusions and pondered the same questions. It's a lot to wrap your head around. The Canadian officials have a no talk rule, but demonstrate thier knowlege other ways. I totally agree that BF are not undiscovered, just unacknowleged.

I saw two of them on a suburban street near Vancouver,BC. Humans, no question.

since thats my neighborhood,Im curious to know which suburb and street...

"What was it doing there! If it walked out of the tree line on the opposite side, pandemoneum would have broken out on post because everyone would have seen it! So was it just in the trees looking at the happenings on post for entertainment?"

Probably yes. IMHO.

He was playing "PEEKIES".

It's like X-Box Live for the big guy.

It's why I triangulate my game cams when I'm out camping. One is ALWAYS pointed right at the tent... :lol:

Guest 8footer

Summer 2010 I was at Glacier National Park in Montana I overheard a conversation between two vacationing retired couples. One couple was telling the story to the other couple that the previous day they were hiking a trail in the park and came across a park ranger that was closing the trail down. The Park Ranger told them they needed to turn around and get off the trail as fast as possible, that a couple hiking had just came across a Bigfoot walking around and the area needed to be closed off for a couple days. The couple listening to the story said they thought Bigfoot wasn't real. The couple telling the story said, "That's What We Thought!!!" They said they weren't from Montana (from some city I can't remember) but the Park Ranger said it so matter-of-fact that they didn't know what to think; they guess they must be real.

So, of course I can't get this out of my head, and a little later I came across a Park Ranger and asked straightforward if there were Bigfoots in Glacier National Park, and the Ranger said that he's heard a couple instances where park ranger's had seen a Bigfoot, but there's no official reporting they would do, nor any secret government file they keep. He said he'd never seen one himself, and never even put that much thought into if they truly exist, but if he did see one he'd just consider it part of the rest of the wildlife in the park. Plus he said it would just be a story that would earn him some ribbing from the other ranger's. I was surprised how lightly he talked about the subject of Bigfoot, like there was no particular fascination or mystery, but "just another animal in the Park"

I guess it really is 'all relative'!

Cool story Delta Zu and thanks for sharing.

I received several PM's from members who were concerned with the info being requested from you regarding the military unit you were assigned. Nobody reported the posts that did so, but some members did forward their concerns to me via PM.

Be careful with releasing that type info. You have no obligation to do so. In fact, I would advise against it.