Olympic Peninsula Nesting Area Update

BobbyO

It wouldn't take long to round up a couple examples of spotted owls, snail darters, or even black-footed ferrets. It's fairly simple to prove their need for protection. But the ghost-of-the-woods, IE bigfoot? Nary a confirmed physical trace to be had. They're too clever, or psychic, or scary to permit even a compelling photograph or video.

I really want to think bigfoot might exist. I harbor hopes for just that. But I'm a little disappointed in the contortions required to explain anything other than footprint casts, stories, and a 50-year old film that if it hadn't been stabilized, would be pretty sketchy.

Guest Cricket

I can't help but think of this with the talk about aliens: https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/

So I suppose in terms of the aliens/bigfoot connection, one could do SETI@home, and research BF in their local area....so you'd have SETI-YETI@home!  Sorry, just trying to lighten things up ;)

I am sincerely agnostic on the BF issue.  I am in no position to have a firm opinion either way.  I just don't know. 

BFF Patron

Incorrigible:   Be careful what you wish for.    It took less that 6 months in the field for my proof of existence.    The first footprint find was before that.    Do I have "proof" good enough for science?    No!    I found lots of footprints, had a close encounter,  got a picture,   but bodies are not easy to come by.    That is what it will take at this point.      If you went out tomorrow and had a face to face with BF,   you would be like me.  Know,    but not able to prove it to people like yourself.    Science would just laugh at you like my neighbor did.  Marriages have been destroyed because one partner did not believe the other.   You dare not mention what do you spending all that time in the woods.    I tell those I do not know well,  that I do nature photography.   But I don't tell them what I want to photograph.    And if you get that photograph or video,   you spend the rest of your life having people claim you are a liar or hoaxer or just plain nuts.       Just ask Bob Gimlin!   

Edited by SWWASAS

Guest OntarioSquatch
36 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

They're too clever, or psychic, or scary to permit even a compelling photograph or video.

Those are all legitimate factors. The biggest one of all though, is that they're too paranoid, and this was intentional by design.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

BFF Patron

That cannot photograph thing is the real myth.   They don't like it but it can be done.    Sure they are paranoid.    Since Europeans showed up on this continent with firearms we have been trying or succeeding in shooting them since.     That would give me as a species PTSD as well as paranoia.   Can you blame them?  

• Upvote 1

Not on board with that theory, thank you. Not on board with telepathic, psychic, alien-created bigfoot.

They walk, they crap in the woods, and they're as fallible as any other creature in the woods.

• Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

Inc, I don't believe they're psychic in any way that is different from "regular" people. There may be a difference in the intensity, but not ability.

Anyway,

"they're as fallible as any other creature in the woods"

I think common animals themselves vary in terms of fallibility. The question is, where do Sasquatch fall on the spectrum?

26 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

.....If the government would go to such extreme lengths to protect spotted owls,   or snail darters,  why,   other than some alien connection, would it ignore Sasquatch?     That level of secrecy about something is not normally associated with furry forest animals

Don't know. Do you somehow know that it is ignoring Sasquatch?

Guest Cricket

Whistle blowing/leaking seems to be something more people are willing to do these days, and sometimes even on an epic scale as we know, so I would imagine this would be no different from all the other kinds of leaks that do happen. 

"they're as fallible as any other creature in the woods"

Now this makes sense and yes they are like any other animal including Humans. Keep the paranormal stuff out  of it and you have a natural creature surviving in our wilderness. The paranormal only leads one to arguments unless one has experience it. Keep it to a natural animal trying to survive and one will know that it is a creature that exist. If this creature leaves trace evidence like stick figures , foot prints, and nesting structures then those are physical evidence. This makes them a physical entity of flesh and blood.  If a witness is reporting a creature a physical being  then we should argue whether that physical being is a known being or an unknown.

It does get kind of upsetting when folks get of topic whether these creature exist or not. Just like this topic that we are on about these nest that have been found. But no one is trying to figure out what could have made them.  No one has come out and said if they have found nest like this in different parts of the US or even the World. I have looked up some nest that the Yowie has created down under in tall grass . Believe it or not but I have discovered similar nest like the Yowie in the State of Michigan that are similar. I have also found nest like those in the Olympic. But they are not as well constructed like the ones photographed.

But to share this info among others is difficult when people just want to rip you apart for it. There should not be this kingship over evidence when we are trying to prove the existence of a creature that has been seen over a century. It is find to hold on to some info due to hoaxing . But there some things that need to be shared so that we can get an idea of what these creatures are about. If they are an animal of some sort then we might be able to hunt one for science, if they are a type of Human then we can find a way to hunt them with a camera. There should come a time that we should all work together for a common goal and prove that they exist rather then argue amongst ourselves. :) 

8 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

There should come a time that we should all work together for a common goal and prove that they exist rather then argue amongst ourselves. :) 

Really like that idea though the methods of working together need to be ironed out. I had suggested a couple of different methods for progress but got my head royally chopped off for it. You're the only one that thinks like this besides myself it would seem. And it's good to generally think that way as long as there are no specific methods of cooperation mentioned.......that's when the trouble starts. Trouble being a rather mild word because this is the General Forum.

I don't understand the blow back many of you seem to get. I get zero, zip, nada. Everyone I've spoken to about sasquatch is curious; some more than others. Not a single person has scoffed, demeaned, or  was hostile about the subject.

Some simply don't believe but most are quite open to it once I go through my little speech.

17 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

I don't understand the blow back many of you seem to get. I get zero, zip, nada. Everyone I've spoken to about sasquatch is curious; some more than others. Not a single person has scoffed, demeaned, or  was hostile about the subject.

Some simply don't believe but most are quite open to it once I go through my little speech.

Hey W, the blowback I get isn't from outside the BFF, it from the inside. Didn't used to happen. I pushed a little hard for organizing a collective effort to gain an official answer to the question of existence. It didn't go over very well. Glad you faring better :)

Edited by hiflier

On 6/30/2017 at 2:38 PM, OntarioSquatch said:

The shocking and absurd reality is that this guy has probably already tested legitimate sasquatch DNA samples in the past more than once. 

22 hours ago, Night Walker said:

Like, when? Where? Which were the samples of legitimate Bigfoot DNA that Disotell failed to identify?

It would seem that your claim is a fabrication, OS. Good on ya for trying to put the pieces together but you can't really expect to reach the most accurate conclusion when you make up facts to suit...

BFF Patron

Gotta wish the Olympic Project good luck however this shakes out.  

Gotta laught at some of the absurdities being thrown around here.   

I still like the cloaking feature best though. 

• masterbarber pinned this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic