Field trips 2.0

BC witness

4 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Norseman

That's exactly what it is. A GM Detroit locker.  You are driving a ck5 chevy blazer. 

Could very well be!

It's likely the GM G80 locker.  Not a bad unit.

Well, my Squatchin' hikes are over for a while.

My left knee started bothering me on a hike in the desert to a gold mine in Arizona in February.

This trail, in fact...

KsRMmxY6TnG_Lk5NC4lsIw.thumb.jpeg.d7cd9a49198bd2ffc9b0aed193879eb3.jpeg

I got back home and went to see my doc and she examined it and said likely just some minor inflammation and prescribed me physical therapy, which was nothing more than stretching.

So, knee never fully healed.  I started a new position at work in which I am on my feet on concrete for a few hours a day and the knee started hurting again.  Really bad, actually.  Went back to the Doc and she finally had me get an MRI.  She called me yesterday and said she couldn't believe that I was still walking.  Apparently, my knee has a couple of major tears, knee cap damage, fluid build up, bone degeneration, and inflamed tendons.

She said I needed to see an orthopedic surgeon ASAP.  

They called today and said they can't see me until January.

So, no more hiking for me for awhile.

It dawned on me that I live alone, my parents are wintering in Arizona, I have no girlfriend, no close friends in this area, and my brother is extremely busy with his job and young kids.  When I get surgery, it is going to suck trying to cook, clean, do laundry, shovel the snow, etc..

Seems I need to find me a good woman ASAP, lol.

• Sad 1

You may have time before your surgery to place an order and receive a mail order bride. I actually know a guy who did this and they are very happily married.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Doug said:

You may have time before your surgery to place an order and receive a mail order bride. I actually know a guy who did this and they are very happily married.

I was at the chiropractor earlier this week and got a full-body massage by a beautiful Moroccan woman.  She promised she would hook me up with one of her equally attractive friends back home, who would love to marry such a sweet and handsome guy like me.  She said Moroccan women love to spoil their men and are grateful to be able to be married and take care of their man.  

Only catch?  I needed to convert to Islam since they won't date a Christian.  Uhh, no thanks.  

Foreign women go for the pension. Be careful.

Knee surgeries are amazing these days. You will be on your tired, aching feet in no time. Be sure to put a large 'X' on the knee that is supposed to be worked on.  After surgery, you will probably have to visit a physical terrorist to get stretched out. No more cheap shoes. Just in case, start looking for 4WD, all terrain mobility scooter.

23 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

My left knee started bothering me on a hike in the desert to a gold mine in Arizona in February.

Are you looking in the area of The Superstition Mountains for the 'Lost Dutchman Mine'?

On 12/11/2021 at 4:02 AM, PNWexplorer said:

I got back home and went to see my doc and she examined it and said likely just some minor inflammation and prescribed me physical therapy, which was nothing more than stretching.

So, knee never fully healed.  I started a new position at work in which I am on my feet on concrete for a few hours a day and the knee started hurting again.  Really bad, actually.  Went back to the Doc and she finally had me get an MRI.  She called me yesterday and said she couldn't believe that I was still walking.  Apparently, my knee has a couple of major tears, knee cap damage, fluid build up, bone degeneration, and inflamed tendons.

She said I needed to see an orthopedic surgeon ASAP.  

They called today and said they can't see me until January.

So, no more hiking for me for awhile.

It dawned on me that I live alone, my parents are wintering in Arizona, I have no girlfriend, no close friends in this area, and my brother is extremely busy with his job and young kids.  When I get surgery, it is going to suck trying to cook, clean, do laundry, shovel the snow, etc..

Seems I need to find me a good woman ASAP, lol.

Best of luck with your surgery.

As far as marriage hunting is concerned, I have two words of advice--Prenuptial Agreement!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Best wishes on the surgery. I'm probably not long behind you with that, but I've been real successful with knee compression support and Meloxicam.

• Upvote 1

On the knee surgery front as the owner of two artificial knees (after throwing the discus in high school and college, what was I thinking?!?!) as crazy as it sounds, if you can tolerate it, @PNWexplorer, do some muscle strengthening exercises - your quads and hamstrings especially. Even ones that you do sitting in a chair will help with that after surgery recovery time. And in the mean time, ice is your friend. So sorry to hear you have this ahead of you, wishing you the best of luck!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

I was at the chiropractor earlier this week and got a full-body massage by a beautiful Moroccan woman.  She promised she would hook me up with one of her equally attractive friends back home, who would love to marry such a sweet and handsome guy like me.  She said Moroccan women love to spoil their men and are grateful to be able to be married and take care of their man.  

Only catch?  I needed to convert to Islam since they won't date a Christian.  Uhh, no thanks.  

There is always something. Good luck on your surgery.

11 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

As far as marriage hunting is concerned,

When I said to my wife; "we interrupt this marriage to bing you HUNTING SEASON", she was less than amused. I have since learned to choose my words carefully. The limp went away after a while along with the black eye.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

On 12/11/2021 at 11:26 PM, PNWexplorer said:

If all the conversion she asks for is to Islam, that may be a real bargain. 

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2021 at 12:51 AM, Catmandoo said:

Are you looking in the area of The Superstition Mountains for the 'Lost Dutchman Mine'?

Nope.  On the opposite side of the state.  The Big Eye Mine.

IMG_20210307_140540397_HDR.thumb.jpg.440b4669de3176dd8ad56ae34a2457be.jpg

IMG_20210307_141218310.thumb.jpg.e8dddbcc332d98d2cca71f602f9e6db9.jpg

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic