I ain't sayin' it was actually a Bigfoot...

Rockape

26 minutes ago, MindSquatch said:

I was remembering a bfro report where these two young teenage boys were running down the trail and stopped to tell these two teenage females not to go up there, there's a monster (Bigfoot) up there. Now why wouldn't a young child use the word monster instead of a bear.........

Bingo. My 3 year old granddaughter, when commenting on the silly sasquatch shirts my daughter gets me, calls them "monsters". 

20 minutes ago, Rockape said:

I don't either. If he was in someone's home he would say he was. However, I suppose it is possible they know someone had him and are withholding that information.

Exactly, we're all assuming that they've released all the information when to me anyway it's obvious they haven't.

Admin

Yes, a lot times Law Enforcement releases only minor parts of the story or even misinformation in order to keep the suspects clueless as they do their investigations. I suspect it is the same in this case.

For all we know, the "bear" part of the story is completely made up by the authorities.

18 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

.......For all we know, the "bear" part of the story is completely made up by the authorities.

That's one bizarre storyline offered by law enforement. Is Robert Mueller involved?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Is Robert Mueller involved?

Only if the bear is Russian.

53 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

For all we know, the "bear" part of the story is completely made up by the authorities.

I'm reasonably sure it wasn't made up by authorities as that would require the kid to be in on it and three year olds aren't good at keeping a lie straight. In this report about the woman who heard him and called police, there is what is supposed to be a direct quote from her son Noah, who is a friend of this kid...

Fraker's son Noah is a friend of Casey's family, and was at the hospital Thursday night when Casey told him he wasn't in the woods alone.

Noah Denis says, "Casey said a bear was his best friend for two days, so I just wanna give him a big hug. That's all I want to do, is give him a big hug."

Woman who heard Casey crying calls it a miracle that he was found alive

Edited by Rockape

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

Bingo. My 3 year old granddaughter, when commenting on the silly sasquatch shirts my daughter gets me, calls them "monsters". 

Ok, wouldn't a child scream with fear that came upon a monster and go into shock as if the child wasn't already scared to death being lost. My gut feeling tells me that a Sasquatch with their special mind abilities to sooth horses and such, was able to calmly befriend and sooth the child in a playful manner easing the child's fear. Another thing that fascinates me is, what brought to attention or why did the Sasquatch decide it was time to let the child go (if it was even a Sasquatch at all).  Anyways, here's another bfro report from the Sierra's of a young girl's encounter. She mentions at the bottom of the report that a young child disappeared from the same campground. 

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=1090

Here in the Eastern Sierra's, the mountains are crawling with monsters(Bigfoots)! And the funny thing is, most people who live in the town have no clue what so ever. I'd watched an older couple walk right pass one and they didn't even know it as it watched them from behind the trees. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, MindSquatch said:

Ok, wouldn't a child scream with fear that came upon a monster and go into shock as if the child wasn't already scared to death being lost. My gut feeling tells me that a Sasquatch with their special mind abilities to sooth horses and such, was able to calmly befriend and sooth the child in a playful manner easing the child's fear. Another thing that fascinates me is, what brought to attention or why did the Sasquatch decide it was time to let the child go (if it was even a Sasquatch at all).  Anyways, here's another bfro report from the Sierra's of a young girl's encounter. She mentions at the bottom of the report that a young child disappeared from the same campground. 

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=1090

Here in the Eastern Sierra's, the mountains are crawling with monsters(Bigfoots)! And the funny thing is, most people who live in the town have no clue what so ever. I'd watched an older couple walk right pass one and they didn't even know it as it watched them from behind the trees. 

How close was the couple? Remote trail?

They were walking behind a locked gated back road on a late walk. The road was covered with a few inches of snow and slippery in places, we exchanged hellos as they kept walking. I was off to the side by the river just yards from the Bigfoot. I myself didn't see the Bigfoot , but knew it was there due to all the tracks nearby. Didn't see the Bigfoot till later at home in the photo I'd took  of the side creek. I felt like I was being watched, and sure enough I was, and so were they. They were probably about 18 yards away. 

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, MindSquatch said:

They were walking behind a locked gated back road on a late walk. The road was covered with a few inches of snow and slippery in places, we exchanged hellos as they kept walking. I was off to the side by the river just yards from the Bigfoot. I myself didn't see the Bigfoot , but knew it was there due to all the tracks nearby. Didn't see the Bigfoot till later at home in the photo I'd took  of the side creek. I felt like I was being watched, and sure enough I was, and so were they. They were probably about 18 yards away. 

Well, you know you can't make that claim and not post up the photo...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, VAfooter said:

Yes, a lot times Law Enforcement releases only minor parts of the story or even misinformation in order to keep the suspects clueless as they do their investigations. I suspect it is the same in this case.

Unlikely, released by the niece.  If you read her FB post you will come to the conclusion there is no deciept.  They are really good people.

1 hour ago, MindSquatch said:

27 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

Well, you know you can't make that claim and not post up the photo...

I already did!

SSR Team
9 hours ago, Old Time Lifter said:

Again, there's no way he was still in the area and as much as folks here are wanting it to involve bigfoot, the odds are it was a human that took off with the boy.

Whatever happened I hope they figure it out and if a human was involved I sure hope they catch him/her asap!

Im not so sure at all with the first paragraph, but the second is interesting.

Regarding the second paragraph, if there is any shred of truth to that then this case will remain an open investigation, irrespective of the boy being found alive and well. It simply has to be for the sake of pubic safety. I’d continue to ask the question however why the boy talked about a bear upon his discovery when we’re assuming in this context, he got abducted by a person.

Regarding the first paragraph, I don’t think it’s a case of “wanting” anything, at least not from any sane persons perspective.

The only reason this story is in the general discussion of a Sasquatch website is because quite simply, there are a number of traits that don’t add up in this story, that you can find in many others that lead and dictate people to point towards this specific animal.

I’d point you towards the Josiah Leffler case in Oregon back in the 90’s and that whole episode including the admittance of what was seen in the FLIR by the SAR team. 

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/01/28/3-year-old-boy-who-went-missing-in-woods-for-days-says-bear-kept-him-safe/23655008/

12 hours ago, Rockape said:

Only if the bear is Russian.

Actually he was in a way. The boys aunt posted that he is a fan of a cartoon called Masha and the Bear, which is a russian created cartoon that has been reworked for english audiances as well.  In the cartoon the Bear never is on all fours, he walks upright all the time.

The above link has some facebook posts that have since been made private or deleted. The family is getting a lot of attention from this and some of it may not be very supportive, in a way that people are wanting more answers as to what happened and the family probably is just relieved that he is home safe and they would like to get on with their life.

"On Friday, Casey's aunt Breanna Hathaway took to Facebook to share an update on her young nephew's condition, where she echoed the story about the boy's alleged guardian, BuzzFeed News reports. 

"He said he hung out with a bear for two days," Hathaway wrote in a now-deleted post. "God sent him a friend to keep him safe. God is good God. Miracles do happen."

Hathaway also wrote that Casey is a fan of an animated TV show called Masha and the Bear, in which a young girl lives in the forest and has a guardian bear who watches over her, adding that her family has been inundated with teddy bears since her nephew was found.

"We appreciate the thoughts but we do want to recognize that everyone wants to get Casey a stuff little bear and although we absolutely love that remember that he can only home so many," Hathaway wrote."     from the above article

Edited by David NC
Grammer

8 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Regarding the first paragraph, I don’t think it’s a case of “wanting” anything, at least not from any sane persons perspective.

The only reason this story is in the general discussion of a Sasquatch website is because quite simply, there are a number of traits that don’t add up in this story, that you can find in many others that lead and dictate people to point towards this specific animal.

I'm in agreement, it's not that anyone wants anything, we're a Bigfoot website so we discuss things possibly related to BF.

2 hours ago, David NC said:

Actually he was in a way. The boys aunt posted that he is a fan of a cartoon called Masha and the Bear, which is a russian created cartoon that has been reworked for english audiances as well.  In the cartoon the Bear never is on all fours, he walks upright all the time.

The above link has some facebook posts that have since been made private or deleted. The family is getting a lot of attention from this and some of it may not be very supportive, in a way that people are wanting more answers as to what happened and the family probably is just relieved that he is home safe and they would like to get on with their life.

Yes, I've been keeping an eye on the aun't FB page.

My problem is, it's hard to see this kid surviving for three days all by himself, although it is possible. I've already said, kids are tougher than we give them credit for. That there was more than an imaginary bear with him seems more plausible.

I've already explained how I could see it happening if there was a real bear and don't feel like going over all that again, it's here in the thread though.

To address the potential Squatchery of this, if this kid was a big fan of a cartoon bear that walked on two legs, it would make it more likely he would see a Bigfoot as a bear walking on two legs rather than a monster, as some have shown children describe a BF.

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic