I ain't sayin' it was actually a Bigfoot...

Rockape

28 minutes ago, Rockape said:

If they used hunting dogs instead of rescue dogs, that's why they didn't find him. A dog needs to be specifically trained on scent. One trained for game would be useless hunting for a person. Do none of the LE in NC have trained dog teams?

They had trained K9's from the states invesgative bureau. It wasnt hunting dogs

57 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

^^^^ Certifiable?

Posters in this thread are getting a lot of exercise.............jumping to conclusions.

7.62,  you talked with a searcher.   i am wondering how the K-9 dogs reacted in this area.  The weather knocked down scents but the dogs were still deployed. A dog that smells a Sasquatch scent would have a 'strong' reaction. Have you considered polling the dog handlers?

I havent talked to any of the handlers 

Here is the location of the grandmother's house.  I take it he was found 40-50 yards across Toler Rd and a little bit to the east.

image.png.ea53604a0250d719724c381097a064e0.png

Other notables:

"K-9 units with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children helped in the search."

"According to National Weather Service data, the night Casey went missing, temperatures in Craven County were below freezing for roughly six hours.

Hughes said early in the search that he was concerned the child wasn't dressed properly for the weather."

"We responded on a tip, located by voice this young man, went to him, disentangled him from some briars he was hung up in, brought him out, here we are,"

>>I read somewhere that he was completely stuck and could not get out on his own.  Hmm, almost like someone placed him there to be found...

Hughes added that the little boy wasn’t dressed properly for the weather and he was concerned about ditches and sinkholes in the area. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the map. The area is rural but its a small area. They walked and searched non stop for over 50 hours . From land and air. In my opinion he wasnt in that area .He was far from it in another location.

I only had this avoided tragedy on my radar after it was announced he had been found. I caught it on the nightly news. Like a lot of you, my initial reaction, without even knowing about the "bear" , was "hmmmmm". I said as much to the wife and kids (who know better than to engage me on this topic).  That you could predict that the child would mention a hairy anything to the rescuers goes to show the validity of our knowledge and collective experience.  I too would love to have a fuller description of this "bear" from him. Until then, not much more you can do with this except to put it on the pile.

Sheriff sets record straight on finding Casey Hathaway

NEW BERN, Craven County — Ever since authorities found 3-year-old Casey Hathaway in the woods, speculation and rumors as to how he ended up there have run rampant.

Some people want to know how a child could survive those frigid temperatures for three days, and some believe Casey wasn’t lost, but instead abducted and later placed in the woods.

Craven County Sheriff Chip Hughes sat down with NewsChannel 12 to set the record straight. "Everybody's got a theory about what took place, and how there is no way this child could have survived," said Sheriff Hughes.

Sheriff Hughes said it was by the grace of God that Casey did survive. After news spread that Casey had been located, people started asking questions. Was Casey really in the woods the whole time? Or did someone place him there out of fear of being caught?

Sheriff Hughes addressed those rumors as well. "The notion that he was sitting in a house or a vehicle for two days and put out there a couple of hours before we found him is absolutely not true. His core temperature was very low, his fingers and all had a bit of frost bite, “said Sheriff Hughes. "A lot of it, according to what medical was telling us, was conducive for him being out in the elements for an extended period of time."

Sheriff Hughes said Casey did not remain in one spot that whole time, instead the toddler moved around, and had at least a hour head start on them. "Once we got the K-9s there, so many people before we got there walked through that area and disturbed the ground," said Sheriff Hughes.

Time was ticking. Sheriff's Hughes knew time was running out and he said Casey's survival is a miracle. "The coldness, the wet and just the terrain we were dealing with, this kid was looked after, make no mistake about it," said Sheriff Hughes.

He also addressed the story about the bear in the woods, and said that is a story that Casey told his mom at the emergency room. She told the sheriff that Casey said he was with his friend the bear. “I don’t know if that meant he saw a bear. I don’t know if that meant a bear embraced him or what it meant,” said Sheriff Hughes. "I thought it was a very cute story and if that’s what helped that child survive through this, you know what, I’m to going to embrace that story that came from a three-year-old, to his mom, to us.”

Sheriff Hughes said his office will continue to follow up on any lead or tip pertaining to Casey, but right now there is no evidence linking Casey’s disappearance to any criminal activity.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

So in a nut shell he's saying he has no clue how he survived .

LOL, yep, that's about the size of it.

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Guess I kinda called it on the frostbite.

PM me the winning Power Ball numbers and I'll be impressed.

28 minutes ago, Rockape said:

This ^^^

Wonder how severe the 'frostbite' was.  I for one am doubtful that the boy was in the area for the entire time.  Still not buying that the dogs couldn't find him no matter how many folks walked through.  If the dogs weren't up to this task they need new dogs imho.

9 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

This ^^^

Wonder how severe the 'frostbite' was.  I for one am doubtful that the boy was in the area for the entire time.  Still not buying that the dogs couldn't find him no matter how many folks walked through.  If the dogs weren't up to this task they need new dogs imho.

I agree 100% 

think about it , 600 people plus K9's not counting air search and rescue searching a small area , and it is small compared to many places. My state forest here has close 30,000 acres .

They were talking about searching less than 1000 acres , plus people  were hollering his name  to see if they get a response . He just wasn't there

The area I deer hunt is private land which is roughly 575 acres .

If I brought out 300 people we could cover and search every acre in that place in no time.

Edited by 7.62

SSR Team

Everything i’m reading about this makes no sense, it’s VERY Sasquatchy for nothing else but that..;)

Admin

I agree Bobby, a lot here does not make sense...

I think this poster from ATS might be on to something:

"He was found after a 911 call were someone told operators they heard crying coming from woods . Search party of over 200 people had already checked that area the day before.

It was freezing cold one of the days he was missing getting as low as 24 degrees Fahrenheit the whole bear story seems kinda fishy why would a child climb into a bears den? Most likely scenario some one took him and when things heated up dropped him close by where they took him from and made a bogus 911 call. They probably kept him with a stuffed bear to keep him calm hence the story he hung out with a bear remember he is 3 not the most reliable of witnesses"

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1230583/pg2

If Law Enforcement suspected an abduction, but with no solid leads, I can see where they would keep it under wraps for the time being while trying to get more info. If so, maybe the abductors had a large dog they called "Bear" that stayed with the boy and kept him happy.

I think there is a lot we are not being told at this time.

That is not correct.  A lady thought she heard the boy crying when walking her dogs.  It was so faint she had to take her dogs back home and went back to listen to see if it was real.  When she heard it again she walked further down the road and got a LEO to confirm the sounds and call in SAR.

9 hours ago, Rockape said:

Well, lemme see here.........one gets the brass ring for logic, the other gets the brass ring for luck. I'll leave it in your capable hands to figure out which is which.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic