Area X/NAWAC updates?

dopelyrics

44 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

.........BF may get ticked enough at humans to eat them now and then.     I suspect with all the junk we put in our bodies we do not taste very well.    I imagine I take enough medicine every day to make me taste bad.  

I'm quite sure you taste horrible, but I tend to suspect young women might be more tasty. I might be a pervert, or I might be a primitive minded monster, but frankly, I think I'm the healthy one, and the "man"-eaters are the sick ones (unless they might agree with me.........anybody ever interview human cannibals and ask if different sexes taste differently.)  I also feel ill at the thought of sex with another man, but excited at the thought of sex with a beautiful woman. Despite current ideology, and again, I'm thinking that I'm the healthy one.

I suspect that sasquatches likely have a greater likelihood of eating men than vice versa. I find the thought of eating a sasquatch quite nasty, and I readily eat black bears. But sasquatches eating each other? That's a question only answerable after long, intimate study, or perhaps after communication with them, which I believe is possible, especially after Koko the gorilla learned to communicate with her researchers using American sign language.

BFF Patron

I don't think there is any need to sign with them like Koko.    I heard their speech once.     It likely would be difficult to learn because it was tonal like Chinese.   So unless what I heard was gibberish,   I think it would take a long time and a lot of contact to learn how to speak with them.  

15 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Excellent points very well stated, Norse. I can't argue against them convincingly, except to say that there are a few reports (like the Tarzan Springs story) that indicate that cohabitation is possible, even if extremely limited and tenuous.

I'd point out that cohabitation with creatures even as nasty, aggressive, and predatory as brown bears is possible, which stretches the limits of belief, and the stories of Stan Price on Admiralty Island, the ridiculous Timothy Treadwell, and the remarkable story of Charlie Vandergaw, who conducted his activities less than 50 air miles from my home, prove that. Moreover, Vandergaw actually had many visitors fly in and interact with the bears with the full knowledge of the state, who highly discouraged it, and finally acted only after knowledge of his activities began to be publicized. This supports the theory that government desires to keep such things under cover unless they become publicized, upon which they will deal with it appropriately.

514439D2-7E02-4E6B-A5EB-AB8116644F6E.jpeg

EDC64223-7E6F-4E4A-A6BC-42B8063307A4.jpeg

A60E3FC1-2BB9-4025-AED7-FB043DEA8658.jpeg

F3282598-904E-49DC-A26D-950839E8D6D0.jpeg

I agree that most animals even nasty ones can be habituated. Hollywood has made a lot of money with it. From Lassie to Flipper.

I think Sasquatch is different though. The battle of the ape men was a violent one and supposedly only a lone survivor is left standing. We humans. I do not think you could have “habituated” Homo Erectus. Because as a human species while your habituating him he is habituating you. He may not understand automobiles or airplanes. But he could certainly earn your trust right before he picks up a rock and bashes your skull in. 

Its almost like two species closely related but separate understand they are competing for the same niche in the environment.

I of course could be all wet and this is just my personal opinion. But I would be very very suspicious of a “nice” Bigfoot trying to befriend me. Grizzly bears do not have ulterior motives, although it’s possible you can trigger something instinctual and have them turn on you. But Bears play checkers and Sasquatch plays chess. IMO.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

What they never did was show up to rendezvous and trade with the Indians and fur trappers! They don’t welcome you into their fold with open arms during daylight hours. With females and babies milling about. Instead they conduct midnight raids when humans are at their most vulnerable. This is not a peaceful interaction

I’m at work now and won’t be home for a day or two but if I recall correctly there was or were some tribes in the SE that tell stories of trading with and interacting with BF up until the times of Europeans bringing diseases over and decimating the population driving them to be reclusive.   

23 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I'm quite sure you taste horrible, but I tend to suspect young women might be more tasty. I might be a pervert, or I might be a primitive minded monster, but frankly, I think I'm the healthy one, and the "man"-eaters are the sick ones (unless they might agree with me.........anybody ever interview human cannibals and ask if different sexes taste differently.)  I also feel ill at the thought of sex with another man, but excited at the thought of sex with a beautiful woman. Despite current ideology, and again, I'm thinking that I'm the healthy one.

I suspect that sasquatches likely have a greater likelihood of eating men than vice versa. I find the thought of eating a sasquatch quite nasty, and I readily eat black bears. But sasquatches eating each other? That's a question only answerable after long, intimate study, or perhaps after communication with them, which I believe is possible, especially after Koko the gorilla learned to communicate with her researchers using American sign language.

If you captured a baby Bigfoot and raised it in captivity like Koko? I think it would smoke her in intelligence. But that’s also why we cannot catch one.....in theory.

13 minutes ago, Twist said:

I’m at work now and won’t be home for a day or two but if I recall correctly there was or were some tribes in the SE that tell stories of trading with and interacting with BF up until the times of Europeans bringing diseases over and decimating the population driving them to be reclusive.   

I would like to read about it. I’m not nearly as up to speed on eastern US Indian history.

2 minutes ago, norseman said:

I agree that most animals even nasty ones can be habituated. Hollywood has made a lot of money with it. From Lassie to Flipper.......

Your Hollywood examples are noteworthy, and I'd like to comment on them.

First, both wolves and dolphins are social, pack animals. They are more naturally amenable to both cohabitation and domestication. Ditto similar herding/pack animals: horses, elephants, camels, llamas, etc. However, even among these examples, there are stark limits. For example, Indian elephants are much more amenable to both cohabitation and domestication than African elephants. Harbor porpoises and spinner dolphins aren't very amenable to cohabitation and domestication as the more intelligent and social bottlenose dolphins and orcas. Coyotes? Foxes? Forget it. First of all, they aren't nearly as socialized within their own species as wolves, and they aren't nearly as smart. I have interacted at arms length with wild wolves on an individual basis (and I would be extremely unlikely to try it with a pack of them).

Sasquatches are clearly a family structured creature, but also clearly not as social as homo sapiens, or even like gorillas or chimps. They are more solitary and feral.

But bears? These are among the most anti-social creatures on Earth. Brown bears are highly cannibalistic. They kill and eat cubs as a regular practice, not just to feed, but to kill off another boars genetics and force the sow into estrus a year or two earlier. I've interacted with them while I was in a tree and they were below me, both black and brown bears. No way would I try what Vandergaw did. No way, no how. In fact, a guy I worked with on base for a few years (contract employee) came to work and showed photos of himself petting a black bear at Vandergaw's property. This was just before the lid blew off on his activities. This guy was a computer guru contracted to do geek work for us. He told us of flying out there and bears all over as tame as kittens. We laughed at him. He showed us pics, and we naturally thought (since he was a computer geek) that he was photoshopping us. In fact, we photoshopped him out of the pics, put ourselves in, and posted them around to tease him. It was only after he was fired (I forget why) and gone that the Vandergaw story broke in the news. And frankly, this is one of the reasons why I think government is keeping sasquatchery under cover.........because they can, because they have, because they have motive, and because their behavior literally screams that they are. I've seen it before. I've lived it.

Ditto Timothy Treadwell, with the added situation that after the bears killed him and his girlfriend, the National Park Service had the much greater motive of covering their involvement in order to keep their own fannies out of hot water. Park Superintendent Debbie Williams (whose political career only grew after this scandal) actually got quoted saying that they "loved his message" (which was 99% environmental BS), which was why they didn't enforce park regs on him, while simultaneously forcing every visitor to Brooks Camp on the westward side of the mountains to go to their "bear school" before being allowed to roam around the park where they instructed people not to do exactly what they knew Treadwell was doing (and broadcasting worldwide on National Geographic documentaries) within park boundaries on the other side of the mountains.

32 minutes ago, norseman said:

If you captured a baby Bigfoot and raised it in captivity like Koko? I think it would smoke her in intelligence. But that’s also why we cannot catch one.....in theory..........

I had the opportunity to watch our Natural Resources Branch try for two or three years to live trap a wolf on Ft. Richardson after that pack developed the habit of eating peoples dogs off the end of their leashes as the people trespassed on post walking their dogs, and even after being warned what was happening in a media campaign and after they walked past the Artillery Road gate festooned with warning signs. The idea, like always, was to catch a wolf, outfit it with a satellite receiver, and "study" their movements. These guys caught everything except a wolf, including wolverines. They even had game cam videos of the wolves eating up their bait and avoiding the traps. I've seen several of the pics and videos (including one of a HUGE wolverine......it was dicey releasing it, from what I was told). They were eventually successful in catching two. The first escaped as they attempted to put the collar on. The second was tracked, and that information was not published (being Army info, not ADFG), but I had inside sources who would tell me things. One of those things was that the pack ranged north to the area near my home during the time of year when the moose habitate the river deltas my home overlooks. Then when the moose retreat into the escape terrain of the sloughs or follow the greening up the mountains, the wolves ran right back to Ft. Rich, where they have perfect protection from hunters and trappers.

One of the closest interactions I've had with wolves was with a she-wolf there in the river deltas, near the mouth of the Knik River. I walked up to within 15' of this wolf, talking softly to her. I was unarmed. 

48 minutes ago, norseman said:

If you captured a baby Bigfoot and raised it in captivity like Koko? I think it would smoke her in intelligence. But that’s also why we cannot catch one.....in theory.

I would like to read about it. I’m not nearly as up to speed on eastern US Indian history.

I’ll try to dig something up when I get home, in a day or two.  I remember it being an interesting read. 

56 minutes ago, Twist said:

I would also like to read about it.

We have had forum participants recently discussing "gifting" with sasquatches. 

4 hours ago, norseman said:

If Native Americans could not live peacefully with them? What chance do we have?

Don't paint the Native American picture with too broad a brush.    Consider the Yurok, Karuk, and Hupa peoples of Northern California.   Depending on which tribe you talk to, bigfoot is either a somewhat revered older brother or a demon.   My best S.W.A.G. says the flavor of the current legends are a result of the nature of first contact as those tribes came into the area from elsewhere, pushed from their prior homes by influx of newer tribes while simultaneously displacing older tribes.   The language family for each tribe tells a story of migration.    Who lived where when .. was in constant flux.

I think we have a definite chance.   The problem for most of us is that the interaction is at the bigfoots' discretion, all things of their choosing, and we instinctively strive for control we aren't going to be given.   Who is able to find a location and set up for 20-50 years waiting for things to happen on the bigfoots' timeline while having to make a living?   That is hard to arrange so it is most likely going to happen to someone who has not chosen that path, they just happen to be in the right place, right time, and not have any clue how to play the cards they've been dealt.   Especially if they're suffering from PTSD / Stockholm Syndrome as I suspect occurs in almost all cases of habituation.

MIB

BFF Patron

I am dealing with a Habituator in Oregon right now.   He is a pain in the tail to communicate with and I am afraid to meet him face to face.   When I am sure I am not dealing with a dangerous nut job I will report my findings.  I am not there yet.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I am dealing with a Habituator in Oregon right now.......

(If I'm asking too many questions, tell me to flock off.......)

Coast Range, or Cascades? Are the sasquatches at his home, or does he go to them?

BFF Patron

Oregon Coastal range.     He goes up to see them.   Apparently they come in when he goes into their area.    The guy is a literal mountain man and I have had to communicate with him through a life long friend who has a phone and emails me.   He wants me to meet the guy but I am leery of the situation.    All I need to have happen is meet two strangers in the woods who want to take everything of value I have with me.     I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for loggers with experience with BF.    One of these guys responded.     The ad did not last long and was flagged for removal by someone.     Most likely a logging company.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

Oregon Coastal range.     He goes up to see them.   Apparently they come in when he goes into their area.    The guy is a literal mountain man and I have had to communicate with him through a life long friend who has a phone and emails me.   He wants me to meet the guy but I am leery of the situation.    All I need to have happen is meet two strangers in the woods who want to take everything of value I have with me.     I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for loggers with experience with BF.    One of these guys responded.     The ad did not last long and was flagged for removal by someone.     Most likely a logging company.  

Be safe out there. Maybe bring some folks with you?

Sw

Bring a gun with you and see how fast they will back out on meeting with you. let them know that that you are going to bring you gun with you and see how fast they will be less likely to meet with you. These  people who say that they are ono on one  with these creatures do not like people who bring guns. These creatures do not care if you have a gun on you and they will know if you do. When a habituator says do not bring a gun with you they are full of sh*t and pulling your leg. These creatures do not give a sh*t about guns  and they understand that we use them for our own protection. Ask him if you can bring your weapon  and I bet they will say no !

The reason I say this is because I have asked this before. And the answer has been the same with a big answer No ! The only answer I can give to those who say that they are habituators is that they are liars and have never even been near these creatures. I can say with out doubt that that I will never go near these creatures with out my pistol on my side. I can also say that if some one wants me  to go to investigate their property I will not do it with out the proper weapon in hand . If the witness refuse that I search their property with out the proper weapon in hand then I know that they are surely lying since they are not scared enough to search there own property with some one who is not scared to searched for the truth. I have no problem to sign any waivers so that they will not be held liable. For me it is a f*ck it thing and jail time time means nothing for me. You just have to go with the flow and then there is  when you just have to say F*ck it.  Let the dice roll where the way they want. 

I have no faith in habituators and those who say that they are plain ol liars. I have asked to meet those here in Michigan but they flat out refused . I have promised not to kill those creatures since those creatures might have known me at one time in my hunting here in Michigan.I only have beef with one creature here in Michigan that I know that wants me dead. He is the one that I am hunting down and is my white whale .I know that we will meet one day and it will not be at the end of a scope . I am hoping that we meet when I am ready with a recurve  bow one day in a place in the woods . I am hoping that it will be like two samurai's in a field ,but that is a dream made up in my mind . The truth is I will have to be always ready  to kill this creature that has it out for me..

So Sw I wish I could be with you . If he does not allow you to bring a weapon with you then he is full of sh*t since these creatures do not care about our weapons since they understand why we have them. Yet this dude should of already of told you .Like I said I knew when I sat in that stand they knew me from the start. Always carry and I can tell you that they will know your intentions.

• masterbarber pinned and unpinned this topic