Say you have a body. Now what?

NorthWind

I've been thinking about this for a while now, and if it has been discussed before, I apologize.

But let's say you have a body of a bigfoot. What on earth do you do then? I imagine that if you post about it here, you would be paid a visit from some government type people, who will confiscate it, and probably lock you up as well. Then nobody would believe you. One cannot just drive to Idaho and drop it off with Dr. Meldrum, because the same thing would happen, I think. If you throw it into your chest freezer and tell nobody, it obviously does nobody any good - especially the sasquatches you are ultimately trying to protect. If you hide it somewhere, it will rot. What then, does a person do? How to get this all out to everyone at once? Take it to the middle of a busy city and drop it so people can get photos and video before the government goons take it? Bring different body parts to different locations and drop them off? How to get it out to the public?

Just wondering. Anyone have actual plans if it were to happen?

If I come across one dead in the wild, or manage to drop one myself, there is no way that I am going to attempt to get the body out.  I would attempt to get a hand (or barring that a finger) and a tooth. Lots of DNA in a tooth. Get them into plastic bags and get the hell out of Dodge.

I would then see about getting the samples to Dr Meldrum.  Given the importance of the evidence, I would probably pack it in ice and drive it there.  

2 hours ago, NorthWind said:

I've been thinking about this for a while now, and if it has been discussed before, I apologize.

But let's say you have a body of a bigfoot. What on earth do you do then? I imagine that if you post about it here, you would be paid a visit from some government type people, who will confiscate it, and probably lock you up as well. Then nobody would believe you. One cannot just drive to Idaho and drop it off with Dr. Meldrum, because the same thing would happen, I think. If you throw it into your chest freezer and tell nobody, it obviously does nobody any good - especially the sasquatches you are ultimately trying to protect. If you hide it somewhere, it will rot. What then, does a person do? How to get this all out to everyone at once? Take it to the middle of a busy city and drop it so people can get photos and video before the government goons take it? Bring different body parts to different locations and drop them off? How to get it out to the public?

Just wondering. Anyone have actual plans if it were to happen?

I would not keep all of my eggs in one basket. (Id have body parts spread out and hidden) I’d call the press. I’d drive to the local university biology dept. and do a reveal there. It would need to be spontaneous and quick. Not something you planned for two months.

The Denisovans genome was cracked with a single bone that resides in the finger. They do not need much material.

• Upvote 2

I'm going to put it in a freezer and tantalize the media. Sell to the highest bidder. Get Tom Biscardi involved to help promote the find.

Edited by Arvedis

Keep a hand or foot in my friends or relatives' freezer in a box marked "caribou meat". Tell them that I ran out of freezer room, and I'll be back for it in a few months. Deliver the rest personally to Dr. Meldrum (could be impossible if the specimen is in Alaska). If it disappears, let the media go to work. The missing appendage would be mentioned by Dr. Meldrum. Eventually, show up at a media news studio with Dr. Meldrum and a few lawyers with the hand or foot, after a dna test has been performed. The government would be in a bit of a pickle over the attempted cover up, so they might not feel able to presecute you legally, so they'd just settle for the environmental kooks persecuting you.

2 hours ago, norseman said:

I would not keep all of my eggs in one basket. (Id have body parts spread out and hidden) I’d call the press. I’d drive to the local university biology dept. and do a reveal there.

Spread out and hidden. I was thinking along those same lines, too. But they would likely have to be kept frozen, no? I imagine when Big Brother got involved, they would want to know where you have the rest hidden. They would likely look through your freezer(s), your friends' freezers, family, neighbor's, workplace, etc. I would think you'd need hidden freezers. I just don't trust them. I keep thinking of MIB, (not our friendly forum member MIB). Maybe I am just paranoid. I also think of being paid a visit, and being told that it would be "in my family's best interest to produce the remaining remains. It would be a shame if something happened to them." I know. Too many mob movies. LOL  Maybe a freezer truck, traveling? I dunno. 

And it seems folks seem to be sold on Meldrum. I am not so sure I would completely trust him. But who else? I am not personally fond of Disotell, and wold hate to see him get any credit. 

19 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

Spread out and hidden. I was thinking along those same lines, too. But they would likely have to be kept frozen, no? I imagine when Big Brother got involved, they would want to know where you have the rest hidden. They would likely look through your freezer(s), your friends' freezers, family, neighbor's, workplace, etc. I would think you'd need hidden freezers. I just don't trust them. I keep thinking of MIB, (not our friendly forum member MIB). Maybe I am just paranoid. I also think of being paid a visit, and being told that it would be "in my family's best interest to produce the remaining remains. It would be a shame if something happened to them." I know. Too many mob movies. LOL  Maybe a freezer truck, traveling? I dunno. 

And it seems folks seem to be sold on Meldrum. I am not so sure I would completely trust him. But who else? I am not personally fond of Disotell, and wold hate to see him get any credit. 

All you can do is what you can do. If the Feds put their full weight on you? Your going to feel it. That’s why you get the media involved. Call George Knapp. Call the local stations. 

Go get a credit card in your cousins uncles  brother n laws name and start renting mini stg units with 110v and go buy 5 chest freezers. Have him rent a couple of cabins in the mountains or cabin cruisers in a small harbor. Root cellars work too. Pack ice in sawdust. 

And I would just go to the closest biology dept. Evergreen state college whatever and plunk something down. With media present.

Send your family away on a road trip to northern BC for a period of time. Don’t allow them to call you. Call them from a pay phone at a predetermined time. 

The only way this sticks is if your determination is unwavering. You may lose some meat and gristle in the fight. You might get bloodied or bruised. Hard to say. It may all be paranoia. It may not be. Trust little and have ten contingency plans. Keep yer eye on the prize. 

One of the greatest discoveries in the history of mankind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthWind said:

1 hour ago, norseman said:

All you can do is what you can do. If the Feds put their full weight on you? Your going to feel it. That’s why you get the media involved. Call George Knapp. Call the local stations. 

Go get a credit card in your cousins uncles  brother n laws name and start renting mini stg units with 110v and go buy 5 chest freezers. Have him rent a couple of cabins in the mountains or cabin cruisers in a small harbor. Root cellars work too. Pack ice in sawdust. 

And I would just go to the closest biology dept. Evergreen state college whatever and plunk something down. With media present.

Send your family away on a road trip to northern BC for a period of time. Don’t allow them to call you. Call them from a pay phone at a predetermined time. 

The only way this sticks is if your determination is unwavering. You may lose some meat and gristle in the fight. You might get bloodied or bruised. Hard to say. It may all be paranoia. It may not be. Trust little and have ten contingency plans. Keep yer eye on the prize. 

One of the greatest discoveries in the history of mankind.

I read these two posts a couple of times. My first thought? All of the suggestions require a willingness to put ones self at great risk on many levels, family too. The planning, the execution of the plan, the expense of the plan, the worry, the stress of making no mistakes, who to trust, who NOT to trust, notifying the media (which shouldn't be done in ANY electronic fashion!) by walking into a local station......IDK. It sure does seem like a lot of risky maneuvering to me with no guarantees attached.

OR, just get a dozen people together and walk into a F&W office, WITH the media, and as a group demand an answer to the question of existence. It could be called the "We Want To Know" movement which, if I guess right, will spiral into a larger and larger movement. It may even spill over into other paranormal subjects.

I mean if someone is going to put themselves at risk, not just after grassing a Sasquatch, but the risks taken just leading up to the kill itself, and then to risk going to jail if the plan fails? One could risk jail by being arrested at the F&W as well. The difference is in one instance one goes through tremendous effort and planning along with having some kind of exit strategy, a point in which I've not heard much if any discussion. In other words, drop the hand off with the media present and then what? You're gonna get arrested anyway. And in the other instance, not a whole lot is needed: Walk up some steps, walk through a door, and up to a desk. All twelve people and the media. Pretty simple compared to going out to shoot one and then deal with whatever plan is in place to get the specimen to science. And then, in both scenarios, go to jail.

However, the office visit more than likely won't end in an arrest. But even it did, it would be a much easier road that may end up with the same results- the truth about Bigfoot.

Edited by hiflier

Let's be clear about this jail thing:

We are potentially talking about a murder charge. Homicide. 

Yeah, you're a hero, but they don't care. You just made life difficult for them. 

They put the screws to soldiers like this all the time. They teach you how to kill other people, equip you, transport you to the kill zone, then order you to do it. But kill the wrong person, or kill the right person wrongly, and your behind is going to a federal penitentiary on a murder charge for a long count.

Walking through a trench filled with vipers is a safer bet in my book.

11 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I read these two posts a couple of times. My first thought? All of the suggestions require a willingness to put ones self at great risk on many levels, family too. The planning, the execution of the plan, the expense of the plan, the worry, the stress of making no mistakes, who to trust, who NOT to trust, notifying the media (which shouldn't be done in ANY electronic fashion!) by walking into a local station......IDK. It sure does seem like a lot of risky maneuvering to me with no guarantees attached.

OR, just get a dozen people together and walk into a F&W office, WITH the media, and as a group demand an answer to the question of existence. It could be called the "We Want To Know" movement which, if I guess right, will spiral into a larger and larger movement. It may even spill over into other paranormal subjects.

I mean if someone is going to put themselves at risk, not just after grassing a Sasquatch, but the risks taken just leading up to the kill itself, and then to risk going to jail if the plan fails? One could risk jail by being arrested at the F&W as well. The difference is in one instance one goes through tremendous effort and planning along with having some kind of exit strategy, a point in which I've not heard much if any discussion. In other words, drop the hand off with the media present and then what? You're gonna get arrested anyway. And in the other instance, not a whole lot is needed: Walk up some steps, walk through a door, and up to a desk. All twelve people and the media. Pretty simple compared to going out to shoot one and then deal with whatever plan is in place to get the specimen to science. And then, in both scenarios, go to jail.

However, the office visit more than likely won't end in an arrest. But even it did, it would be a much easier road that may end up with the same results- the truth about Bigfoot.

Are you thinking this through? I’m confused.

If the conspiracy theories are true? And you would have to go to great lengths to protect your family and your evidence at the risk of life and limb?

Why on earth would they spill their guts because a few people walked into their office? Apples and oranges. 

We could be potentially looking at thousands of wrongful death lawsuits that happened under their watch. Park service, Forest service, BLM and USFG could all be sued by families of loved ones gone missing or found dead under bizarre circumstances.... Oh by the way? There is a 800 lbs ape man prowling our hinterlands.... sorry we didn’t warn anyone? Here is a free one day admission coupon to Yellowstone..... please accept our apology?

The only way they are admitting anything is if you have them bent over a barrel. And that’s gonna take physical evidence. Period. And they may go down swinging.

This isn’t a Smokey the Bear or Woodsy owl public service announcement. This could bankrupt our nation. It’s gonna hurt, heads will roll.

Anonymous sample went to one of the labs/scientists associated with the Ketchum study? They've nothing left to lose and everything to gain since they put their names on it?

All these issues are why it's not my goal. NorthWind, if you shoot one while we're out in the wods, dude, I'm running for the truck! 😁

Edited by Madison5716

51 minutes ago, norseman said:

Why on earth would they spill their guts because a few people walked into their office?

It would only be a few.....in the beginning. Could be more than that but not necessary really as long as media is there. And yeah, I have thought this through. And in that think-through I had surmised that no one at my F&W was going to have me arrested or have someone come knock on my door. And you know something? I was right. I had a good conversation with a state biologist- on the phone.

51 minutes ago, norseman said:

This could bankrupt our nation. It’s gonna hurt, heads will roll.

The first head will be the person who brought the specimen in with the media, and again immediate arrest. Who's to say that the 'specimen' would even be tested after the researcher is taken away? And if it is tested, who will be the watchdogs on the project? You know, the ones that will raise their hands if someone switches the "specimen" with something else. Take your pick: man, bear, pig and then lies before the cameras,

"Sorry folks the 'specimen' has turned out to be only an opossum."

Or WORSE, they lie (or don't lie depending on what one believes) and announce that the "specimen" is Human. Again, immediate arrest, only this time it's for murder.

But an office visit? Done right, where's the risk? The important thing with a F&W agency is to at least open the dialogue. And it's simple really, just ask someone if they can corroborate any of what's in this letter:

1490336488_BigFootLetter.JPG.0c278c90464f569a54a6abbd0ed24cd4.JPG   

Edited by hiflier

44 minutes ago, hiflier said:

.........The first head will be the person who brought the specimen in with the media, and again immediate arrest. Who's to say that the 'specimen' would even be tested after the researcher is taken away? ..........

In order to charge the killer with murder, they have to test it, and it has to be ruled of the genus Homo.

"Sorry folks the 'specimen' has turned out to be only an opossum.".........

At worse, the killer is facing a hunting citation. What, a $150 fine? And he still has a hand or foot hidden somewhere? And they know it?

I doubt it. That leaves them nothing to deal with. 

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

It would only be a few.....in the beginning. Could be more than that but not necessary really as long as media is there. And yeah, I have thought this through. And in that think-through I had surmised that no one at my F&W was going to have me arrested or have someone come knock on my door. And you know something? I was right. I had a good conversation with a state biologist- on the phone.

The first head will be the person who brought the specimen in with the media, and again immediate arrest. Who's to say that the 'specimen' would even be tested after the researcher is taken away? And if it is tested, who will be the watchdogs on the project? You know, the ones that will raise their hands if someone switches the "specimen" with something else. Take your pick: man, bear, pig and then lies before the cameras,

"Sorry folks the 'specimen' has turned out to be only an opossum."

Or WORSE, they lie (or don't lie depending on what one believes) and announce that the "specimen" is Human. Again, immediate arrest, only this time it's for murder.

But an office visit? Done right, where's the risk? The important thing with a F&W agency is to at least open the dialogue. And it's simple really, just ask someone if they can corroborate any of what's in this letter:

1490336488_BigFootLetter.JPG.0c278c90464f569a54a6abbd0ed24cd4.JPG   

I’ve stated my opinion numerous times on your new approach and why I think it will fail. Again I wish you luck.

20 minutes ago, Huntster said:

In order to charge the killer with murder, they have to test it, and it has to be ruled of the genus Homo.

Sapien. There is no precedent for charging a human aka Homo Sapien with killing another species with murder. There has been debate about extending human rights to other species, but nothing as of yet. 

A couple of Washington counties have made it a misdemeanor to harm a Bigfoot.

18 minutes ago, Huntster said:

But BF tests come back, among other things, Human. It would be easier to just say Human since there's already a long history there. Heck, even the OP nest samples said Human. So my guess from everything I've researched says it may be a piece of a Sasquatch but it will more than likely come back as Human. It would be the only way out for any chance of getting out from underneath what could be a monumental disaster.

5 minutes ago, norseman said:

I’ve stated my opinion numerous times on your new approach and why I think it will fail. Again I wish you luck.

For 60 years the field has failed. So far I have not, but then I'm not finished with things yet either. And I can take a "you can go away now" hint just as good as the next guy. Wonder if my eventual answer will be the same as what is in that letter I posted. As in no such creature exists here or anywhere else. It won't stop me from my follow up question regarding Patty's existence in 1967. Because as far as I can see the letter is speaking to any CURRENTLY existing creatures. Not ones that may have been around during Patty's big debut. Because they may have existed but are now no more. The seven year old letter says nothing about the past, only the present at the time of writing which was back in 2012.